Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Our team was thrilled to be a part of the beta phase for the new SAP Learning “one destination” website which aims to consolidate learning at SAP. We joined this project with our new course, “Low-Code / No-Code Applications and Automations for Citizen Developers.”

I am the instructor for the second unit in the learning journey, which covers the exciting topic, “Intro to Citizen Development and Low-Code / No-Code”. After completing this unit, you will be able to:

• Explain the terminology of low-code and no-code (LCNC) development and hyperautomation

• Describe the problems that companies worldwide are facing, and why LCNC is viewed as a solution

• Define the different kinds of personas who are involved in LCNC, primarily citizen developers, professional developers, and IT administrators

• Outline the specific benefits to companies that implement LCNC and citizen development using real-world examples in various lines of business

• Know the challenges and roadblocks to implementing LCNC and citizen development

• Know how the IT department can set up a citizen development rollout

• Explain how to foster your own growth as a citizen developer and the practice of citizen development in your team

In this unit, there are nine short lessons. Each lesson contains a mix of videos, text, and diagrams that cover similar content, so that you can consume the lesson by watching, reading, or both. The infographic below explains more about what you will learn in this unit, and feel free to reach out to me with questions or feedback. Hope you’ll enjoy it!

34 Comments
amauryvanespen
Active Participant
Thank you axelle.bourreau & tom.beck for this great content ! This is a great introduction to Business Process Automation with such an hands-on experience.
Thank you 778c06e5953840f38a3ea49dddfbf4ec for the support 🙂
chris_gibbons
0 Kudos
The next five units say they were to be released in Jan.-Feb. 2022, but I can't see any content for them yet. Do you know when these might be released?

Building Your First Process with SAP Process Automation
s_hathaway
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
HI Christopher - thanks very much for your interest in our low-code / no-code learning journey for citizen developers. Apologies for the confusion, that text about the release date is meant to be updated in the next couple of days.

We needed a little more time to finish developing the content, so we will release the remaining five units at the same time in the first week of May, just in time for SAP Sapphire.
mpredolim
Participant
Thanks  axelle.bourreau and tom.beck  for this great content! I'm Fiori and Application Developer and I'm following the Learning Journey for LCNC. It was a surprise to me because I tested Appgyver before SAP bought and incorporated it with BTP.

Comparing Fiori developments with LCNC, I can say that some of the applications that were shown in the demo video are much simpler and quicker to do with LCNC adoption than with classic development.

So far it has been a big surprise to me that LCNC actually works well!
s_hathaway
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Thanks for the feedback Mauricio, we appreciate hearing about your experience taking the LCNC learning journey. Will you also get the certification when you are done?

=> SAP Certified Citizen Developer Associate – Low-code/No-code Applications and Automations
mpredolim
Participant
Hi s_hathaway , yes i will!
mpredolim
Participant
s_hathaway Is there any chance to have Fiori Stencils into AppGyver BTP app in near future please? Thanks!
StephanieMarley
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
mpred74 if you take the certification we are interested in interviewing you as part of SAP Champion series on BTP certification. If you are interested do you want to reach out after you complete the cert? It would be great to host you! Thanks!
Uli_Hoffmann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Please see this blog post mentioning the Fiori theme for AppGyver: https://blog.appgyver.com/new-style-and-theme-features-sap-fiori-theme-68667796e6fb

mpredolim
Participant
mpredolim
Participant
0 Kudos
Thanks!

mpredolim
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi All.

I´m in the section of LCNC Learning Journey for SAP Process Automation Forms and i have followed those steps mentioned but even so i have errors to save my form as follows:

"Form or Approval has invalid outputs".

The outputs are:

- A text area and a checkbox.

Thanks in advance.

Mauricio Predolim

Stephan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi Mauricio,

thanks for your interest and following the learning journey.

Could you please check whether both connections ("Approve" and "Reject") are connected to the next step.

I have an assumption what's wrong here, but could you please share a screenshot of the form and the parameters in "Output" as shown here:

thanks and best regards,

Stephan
mpredolim
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Stephan,

Thanks for your help! Here we have the screenshot error:

Best Regards,

Mauricio Predolim
Stephan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Thanks. Please connect the "Reject" from the Approval Form output with the "End" event. Then the error message should be gone.

Though, if you move forward with the units, you will see how to create some further steps here and then also the error will be gone. So, you can leave it as is, for the time being. It's rather a reminder, that there is something missing.
mpredolim
Participant
Thanks a lot Stephan. You rock!
mpredolim
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi guys,

I see that current LCNC tutorial was changed compared with before SAP TechEd and SAP Build. What happened please? I was studying to LCNC certification using that content.
BillGiotDel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I am following the learning journey of SAP Build and I was wondering where I can post questions concerning the learning journey?

Thanks in advance!

s_hathaway
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Bill, I can help with your questions, either reply here or contact me directly: sandra.hathaway@sap.com

s_hathaway
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi Mauricio, yes, the content was simplified and reorganized a bit based on learner feedback about needed improvements to the course. However, all of the product-related content is essentially the same, and what you have already learned is still applicable to the certification exam. If you'd like we can jump on a video call and I can walk you through it: sandra.hathaway@sap.com
BillGiotDel
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Sandra,

thank you for the fast response!

I have explained my issue here: https://answers.sap.com/questions/13765268/date-format-excel-build-process-automation.html
mpredolim
Participant
Thanks s_hathaway !

I will check the new content and if i have some doubt i´ll contact you.

BR,
Mauricio Predolim

s_hathaway
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Thanks, the question has been forwarded to the instructor for that lesson and he should be getting back to you within a day.
BillGiotDel
Participant
0 Kudos
Thank you!
BillGiotDel
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Sandra,

the instructor got back to me withing a day, but I haven't heard from him for a while now (10 days) since I posted my answer to his answer.

would it be possible to take another look at my question please?

kind regards,

Bill Giot
s_hathaway
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Yes! I am on it billgiot - we'll get back to you soon.
BillGiotDel
Participant
0 Kudos
Thank you Sandra!

Looking forward for your answer! 🙂
s_hathaway
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
So sorry for the delay, Bill. I am pinging the team again now.
shamichi
Employee
Employee
Hi Giot Bill,

Very sorry for the delay in my response. I investigated the issue with the dev team and unfortunately, there is a bug in a recent version of the Excel SDK.

A fix will be released by end of January.

One workaround is to use an older version of the Excel SDK  (less or equal to 1.26.51)

Sorry again for the delay and I hope this will let you follow the journey.

Best regards,

Samir Hamichi
s_hathaway
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Thanks for finding the bug, Bill! I'd be happy to send you a low-code / no-code hoodie to say thanks. Please get in touch with me at sandra.hathaway@sap.com
BillGiotDel
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Samir,

no problem! Thanks for looking into it!

kind regards,

Bill Giot
StephanieMarley
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
mpred74 great. I've asked a Champion who can interview you. In the meantime can you think about what questions you'd like to be asked in the interview? Thanks!