Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
I'm happy to announce the winners of the May/June Low-Code, No-Code Community Challenge.

We got dozens and dozens of really interesting and clever entries, from apps that displayed NASA imagery to apps that gave food contamination alerts to apps that found the nearest charging station to apps that connecting to SAP backends.

In no particular order, the winners are:

• mat_castelo, who built an app to help scuba diving operators manage their bookings. The app has a sleek look, and well-thought-through UI/logic/database architectural design.

• aocheng, who built an "all-in-one" travel app that provides travel information, maps, personal calendar, Google translations, currency converter ... even an SAP Conversational AI chatbot.

• 177ce313868444f78e8b2470e82a23d6, built the Plants4Future app, which lets you create a virtual garden by photographing flowers and plants that you come across and cataloging them in the app.

All 3 will earn a no-code hoodie, and invitation to a future community event to discuss their creations, plus a special badge in their community profile.

Everyone who entered will also earn a badge for participating.

You can see all the entries by checking out all the blogs tagged with
#SAPLowCodeNoCodeChallenge.

Thanks to our amazing judges: merituulimelkko, eric.solberg, and murali.shanmugham

And congratulations to everyone who entered, and especially the 3 winners.
16 Comments
Kartik_Dua
Contributor
Congratulations to the Winners!! Kudos and thank you to the organizers and moderators!!
laughing14
Participant
Amazing work, winners! Congrats! Thanks for the contest to daniel.wroblewski and the team!

How about some more challenges with prizes?

AppGyver was fun to use and I plan to use it more often. Thanks!

SergioFerrariIt
Participant

Congratulations to the Winners and to all the participants!

Right now, looking to the several and extremely interesting use cases  submitted to the challenge, I would say that AppGyver is a powerful and very flexible Low-Code/No-Code platform.

I bet that the SAP BTP version available via subscription will cover even more features that will move AppGyver to an advanced enterprise-grade LC/NC platform.

I am so glad about the challenge! It helped me learn much faster than just seeing tutorials without practicing.

Excited for next projects.

Thanks AppGyver and SAP for the opportunity and all the provided tools.
patty_1982
Contributor
Congratulations to all the winners, it was a great challenge and I had fun. It’s always a pleasure to learn. Thanks to everyone who participated because I found really interesting blogs.

My Plants4Future app will not die with challenge, my team and me are already working on cool features with SAP BTP version. I will keep you posted 🙂

Thanks to all organizers and AppGyver for this opportunity

ps: my dog is super happy too 🙂
aoyang
Contributor
Congratulations to all the participants and winners! It’s my pleasure that my app has been recognised and selected while there’re a lot of of other entries that are really interesting and inspiring.

As a next step, I’m already working on AppGyver BTP authentication 🙂

Congratulations to all the winners, and to all the participants too. Thanks for the badge 😁.

Please I need help displaying multiple markers on the Embedded Map Component. My app collects GPS coordinates and saves them in Firebase but only displays one marker. How can I display all the markers? Thank you.

aoyang
Contributor
You can add more than one marker in the "Marker to render" property of the Map Component. To do so, click on "Add another value" at the bottom to add more than one list of values.
EsmeeX
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Congrats to all participants and winners! 🎉 If any of the participants would like to share their story in AppGyver's Creator Spotlight series, feel free to reach out to me! 😊
sudhakarjha
Participant
I am in, please let me know the process.
MaiaraEllwanger
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Congratulations everyone 👏 And special thanks to you Daniel for this great challenge 🎉
EsmeeX
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi Sudhakar! I just sent you a message on LinkedIn.
0 Kudos
Thanks aocheng it works!

Is there also a way I can have the Map Component automatically pull coordinates from Firebase and populate the markers on its own without me having to enter them one after the other? Something similar to Data Item in Repeat.

Thank you so much.

aoyang
Contributor

Define page variable Map_Initial. Call firebase and store the data into data variable like the screenshot(Get data collection and Set data variable. In my, case it's stored in VisitedCities1).  Then use set page variable to set the value into Map_Initial(I used mapping but you can just assign the variable if the structures are the same). Finally call Set Component Property to map Map_Initial to Marker property of Embedded Map View component in your page.

If multiple markers of the same kind(same text, same color) should be displayed, the steps end here 😃

However, in my case I had to show 3 different kind of markers, which needs additional steps(creating 2 more page variables and Union them into one variable and set it into the Map component). Let me know if you also want to know about the logic for this case.

0 Kudos
You are the Man!

I have followed the steps. Everything makes sense now but the app says Critical error Occurred each time I try to preview the map. I'll try to find another device and see if that can load the map, and then update you. Thanks a million aocheng
sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
Hi esmee_xavier and sudhakarjha1 great you both connect!

Do you know our direct messaging in SAP Community? If you follow each other (simply click on any community profile and hit the blue "follow" button), it's enabled. No need to switch to any other messaging service 😉

You can access your direct messages via your avatar:

Your followers you can check in your profile. To get more information, we have great tutorials about the features and functions in SAP Community - check it out with this link: SAP Community Tutorials

Let me know if you have questions.

Best, Svea