Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bettina_knauss
Advisor
Advisor

The latest SAP S/4HANA on-premise edition based on FPS01 is now available with SAP CAL and comes with pre-activated SAP best practices content and pre-configured business scenarios. For more details, please refer to the following SCN article: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-71746

We offer a 30 day free trial period for this solution which makes it ideal for self education, first hands-on experience and as a starting point for proof-of-concepts. The free trial period can be easily extended by acquiring SAP CAL Subscription License (which requires a valid SAP S/4HANA license as well) and this helps you keep all your configuration beyond the trail period for continued project work.

You can access and deploy the solution through:

# Our SAP CAL Landing Page

# Our Central Free Trials Offerings SCN Page

# The SAP S/4HANA Official Trial Page

We wish you a great hands-on experience!

6 Comments
Tino
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bettina, that's great News! Is there any timetable when S/4HANA will be available for Azure Deployment in CAL? By the way, a filter by cloud service supplier in solution list of CAL would be great, so I don't have to click through all solutions to find one that runs on Azure :-). And will we get a developer edition of S/4HANA? Regards, Tino

stanimir_eisner
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Tino,

It is a prerequisite that S/4HANA is officially supported on SLES on Microsoft Azure. As of today I could not provide a timeline when it will be met.

Thanks for your feedback about the cloud provider filter. We will implement it in one of the next SAP CAL releases.

Best regards,

Stanimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bettina, thank you for this informative news!

We already own the fully activated S/4 HANA On Premise Edition!

I have nearly the same questions like Tino!

@Stanimir Eisner: Thank you for the information!

I know it contains Best Practice-preconfigured content, but what about development?

Is the current version convenient for development? Which restrictions do we have in detail?

Are there further contact persons regarding S/4 HANA or is there a possibility that you assist us with our open questions?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Rufat

JoergWolf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rufat, Tino,

currently, there is no 'out of the box' developer license available or included in the S/4HANA appliance.

I will relay this to the respective colleagues for checking if this can be established.

Best,

Joerg

Tino
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you for the Information, Stanimir. Just read in a SAP Company News aber the Microsoft partnership, that "the companies are certifying SAP HANA to run development, test and production workloads on Microsoft Azure, including SAP S/4HANA" (http://news.sap.com/sap-microsoft-usher-in-new-era-of-partnership-to-accelerate-digital-transformati...), maybe it's not too far away :-)... Regards, Tino

former_member192683
Participant
0 Kudos
Hello,

I am trying to make it work, I can login to hana with the db user DBACOCKPIT, with the password that i provided when creating the instance. But i cant login with the SYSTEM user. Can you share the password of the SYSTEM database user?

I need that user since it has more privilidges.

Thanks
Ceyhun