Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Recently there was a question in the Q&A section where to find the OData V4 service catalog.

Since it was gregorw who asked this question it was obvious that this information is not easy to spot and searching in Google only produced Gregor's question at the time of writing of this blog though the catalog service is briefly mentioned in the documentation here: Service Catalog but this entry is not delivered by Google.

In order to get a list of all services you can use the following URI:

/sap/opu/odata4/iwfnd/config/default/iwfnd/catalog/0002/ServiceGroups?$expand=DefaultSystem($expand=Services)&$top=5

... but you might get the following error message if the V4 catalog service is not published yet.
{
-error: {
code: "/IWBEP/CM_V4_COS/014"
@SAP__common.ExceptionCategory: "Configuration_Error"
-@SAP__common.Application: {
ServiceRepository: ""
ServiceId: ""
ServiceVersion: "0000"
}
}
}

In order to publish the OData V4 catalog service you have to use transaction /n/IWFND/V4_ADMIN which looks like follows if the service group /IWFND/CONFIG is already published.

If you don't see it here then you have to use the Publish Service Groups button which will open the following screen where you have to provide LOCAL as the System Alias and search for the service group /IWFND/CONFIG.

The successful response of the OData V4 service catalog using the above mentioned URI looks like follows. (here I used the additional query parameter sap-ds-debug=true to get this nicely formatted response).

Possible problems:

• Today I encountered an error when following my own blog post. This was when trying to press the Publish Service Group button after having selected the service group /IWFND/CONFIG using the alias LOCAL.

The flag Local GW in the configuration of the system alias LOCAL was missing.

You can reach the configuration of system aliases using transaction /IWFND/V4_ADMIN by pressing the button Routing Configuration.

15 Comments
vmolina
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Andre,

For S/4 HANA Cloud, is there any communication arrangement that contains the service catalog for Odata V4?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
i fallowed above steps to publish V4 service. it is not asking for TR, How to capture this in TR ?
pleininger
Discoverer
0 Kudos
i do not have the version 0002 of the catalog service. Do i need to update SAP_GWFND? Currently its 750 SP 22.
vmolina
Explorer
0 Kudos
Do I need to activate any scope item? The documentation doesn't mention it however I cannot find that communication arrangement.

Thanks,
petergilberg
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi patrickleininger,

I'm facing the same issue, did you find the reason for this?

Thanks in advance!
jorge_gutirrez
Explorer
Facing this problem 2 years later.

If version 2 of the service does not exist in the system, it would only be a matter of accessing it through a different URL: /sap/opu/odata4/iwfnd/config/default/iwfnd/catalog/0001/ServiceGroups

However, the tools that need to access the catalog may always try to access to the version 2 of the service. For example, I have encountered this situation with the Fiori Tools application generator, and I don't know how to instruct the generator to access another URL, if it exists a way to do that.

In our case we have avoided the problem by registering version 2 of the /IWFND/CATALOG service with the same properties as version 1 through the transaction IWBEP/V4_ADMIN. The version 2 of the service is automatically added to the same service group as the version 1.
Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
I will check with the colleagues that build the Fiori Tools
Hi andre.fischer jgutierrez_m

We will look into this from SAP FIori tools side. Please give us sometime and I will get back to you.

REgards,

Sushant
P281512
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Andre,

I have access to only S4Hana versions ABAP1809 and ABAP1909

/n/IWFND/V4_ADMIN much discussed Tcode
was used to activate OData v4 in ABAP1909

But now I want to rollback this activation and have only Odata V2

Please suggest how to deActivate Odata V4

Regards
Jayanta
Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Jayanta,

OData V4 services can be deactivated using transaction /IWFND/V4_ADMIN as well by simply deleting the respective service group.

I do see however a problem with your requirement.

Based on the releases that you have mentioned 1809 and 1909 I assume that all of your OData V4 Services are based on code based implementation using the SAP Gateway Framework.

The service implementation of such services is based on the SAP Gateway OData V4 framework API's which are not compatible with the SAP Gateway OData V2 framework API's.

That means you will not be able to publish your OData V4 service implementations as OData V2 services.

This will only become available with business objects based on the ABAP RESTful Application Programming Model (RAP) as of SAP S/4HANA 2021 FSP1. Because in RAP the service implementation does not depend on the Service Binding or described the other way round, a RAP BO can be published either as V2 or V4 service binding.

Kind regards,

Andre
P281512
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Andre

Thanks a lot for your very prompt and kind reply!

This is extremely helpful.

Regards
Jayanta
imanol1_
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Andre,

I am working with the equivalent service for S/4HANA Cloud( /sap/opu/odata4/iwfnd/config/default/iwfnd/catalog/0002/ServiceGroups?$expand=DefaultSystem($expand=Services()) ). I have noticed that some services shown in the catalog do not correspond to services enabled through a communication arrangement. Also, services exposed in S/4HANA Cloud which work perfectly are not shown in the catalog.

I would like to know what is the criteria used to know which services are gonna be displayed when the request to the catalog is done.

Regards,

Imanol.
Pawan_Kesari
Active Contributor
Hi Sushant,

Was there any update/sap note on Fiori Tools to include published V4 odata from S4 in the list along with V2?

We are navigating around this issue by using 'Connect to Odata Service' option instead of using 'Connect to System' in BAS .

Regards,

Pawan

christophelanno
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

thanks for this Blog.

In my company, we are in S4 HANA 2022.

We would like to develop our API with RAP and consume them with Fiori Aps .

We have a cental Hub but the service backend are developped in SAP CAR or S4.

We have followed the configuration steps from the online help.

Our RAP is exposed as V4 Odata. We use the Business Application Studio to develop our Firori APs by using DataSource connected to a SAP System.

But we nether see our service our V4 Service in the Bas. We ca not see in the list our V4.

If we configure  servce group /IWFND/CONFIG in our Central Hub with a LOCAL alias we see only V4 from the Cental Hub.

If we want to use by exemple our S4, we encounter this error "System alias is not maintained as local GW instance"

So what is wrong?

Do you have any clue to help us ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards

Christophe