Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BirgitS
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Dear community, 

release 2210 of SAP Business Application Studio is now available for our customers. This blog post highlights some of the new features included in release 2210. 

Centralized validation support 

Project Validation is a progressive framework aiming at increasing the project robustness by automatically triggering background validation tasks for various actions, such as: create, edit, or delete. This makes it possible to uncover potential issues at an early stage. It takes advantage of existing SAP technologies like the SAP Cloud Application Programming Model (CAP), the SAP Mobile Development Kit (MDK), and SAP Fiori elements as well as playing a coordinator role to dispatch validation events with results. 

Screenshot: as shown in the blue box, the validation UI notifies the user with latest results

• While the user is creating low-code applications with the SAP Business Application Studio, they can operate on various artifacts like database or service entities. 

• When the operation is done, the background task can be automatically triggered accurately to invoke corresponding validators available in the current dev-space. 

• Once the validation result is out, the user will be notified by the problems view on the bottom in case of errors. 

• Before the user previews or deploys the project, it will also trigger validation and display errors if any with subsequent procedures blocked. 

Please note that Project Validation is not yet supported for SAP Fiori elements app. This is planned for one of the next releases.

Application Logic – Management UI 

The application logic is built on the top of the event handler of the SAP Cloud Application Programming Model (CAP). It includes CAP action / function as well, which could be generated via a visual approach in the SAP Business Application Studio low-code environment. It could be used to extend the OData service with customized logic, and to serve more UI integration scenarios. 

As of Q3, the main focus of the management UI is on the function generation of the CAP event handler and function stub generation of application logic. 

For further information please have a look at the “What’s new” information for SAP Business Application Studio. 

Create a CapEx registration app on SAP BTP with SAP Business Application Studio 

Watch the demo session from our Hyperautomation Community Series to learn how to create a CapEx registration app on SAP Business Technology Platform with SAP Business Application Studio. Capital Expenditure (CapEx) is a process of getting assets for your company that are relevant for the balance sheets. It includes creating a request and getting approval for it. 

SAP Business Application Studio at Devtoberfest 2022 

Devtoberfest is a great opportunity to learn, have fun and connect with fellow SAP developers. This year’s edition offered one day packed with low-code and no-code related sessions. 

In case you missed it, you can find the recordings of all sessions related to SAP Business Application Studio now on YouTube.

SAP Business Application Studio at SAP TechEd 2022

You want to learn more about application development with SAP Business Application Studio? Then join us at SAP TechEd 2022, November 15 – 16!

This year SAP TechEd is a hybrid event, combining

• A unique virtual experience, which is accessible to everyone. Registration is free.

• An in-person, face-to-face experience that is hosted at The Mirage in Las Vegas. A registration fee applies and capacity is limited.

This SAP TechEd blog post lists all the sessions planned for you to learn how our developer tools, frameworks and programming models can help you to build extensions and develop enterprise-ready applications faster.

As always, you can find detailed information around these and other capabilities in the SAP Help Portal and upcoming releases in the public Roadmap.

If you want to stay up-to-date with news, learning resources, and product and strategy updates: follow our tag, and join us on Twitter and YouTube.

7 Comments
BartDeJonge
Explorer
0 Kudos
Dear Birgit,
I'm having multiple difficulties/problems with the new version of BAS.

The most annoying are related to stability (and I did not have stability issues in the previous version):

• It happens a lot of times that I just cannot connect.

• If I'm able to connect, the session is always "suddenly" closed after some period of time.

• Views, palettes and panes are not kept between session.

Can you please provide a version that is more stable than this one.

Thanks in advance.

KR,

Bart.
BirgitS
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Dear Bart,

thanks a lot for your feedback. In the meantime, a hotfix has been applied. Could you please check, if your difficulties are now resolved? In case you still face issues, please let us know.

Best regards,
Birgit
BartDeJonge
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Birgit,

Things look better now with the hotfix applied.

One thing that still occurs is that BAS keeps logging out automatically.

It looks like this happens after some time of inactivity.

This is impractical, for example if you start a run configuration from within BAS and you need to  debug it extensively for a long(er) period of time.

Is there a setting/preference I can apply to bypass this logout behavior?

Thanks in advance.

BR,

Bart
BirgitS
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Bart,

thanks for providing feedback. The automated sign out is done after 60 minutes of inactivity. There is no possibility to change this.

Best regards,

Birgit
BartDeJonge
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Birgit,

It's still not as BAS used to behave in previous versions.

Most annoying is the fact that I'm still "suddenly and automatically" logged off.

This is not only happening after 60 minutes of inactivity. It happens even while actively working in BAS.

It would be (really) nice if this issue could be solved.

BR,

Bart.
gallobeata62
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Birgit,

I experience the same issue than Bart. BAS is periodically, automatically logging out, even if I am actively working in it. I hope this issue will be solved soon.

Best regard

Beáta
BirgitS
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Beáta, hi Bart,

many thanks for your feedback. Could you please open a ticket for this issue?

Best regards,

Birgit