Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member

Originally RDS package is developed for Identity Management 7.2 and if you are an IDM 8.0 early customer and need certain functionality available in this RDS package here is a quick beginners guide which does not pretend for completeness, but rather shows minimum set of steps to enable a certain functionality - in this case Copy Identity.

UPDATE NOTE

This blog originally was intended simply to test how it works and was not tested on any productive environment. I have got some feedback that as the RDS 1.0 was created for an older version of IDM 7.2. SP5 and simply running the bellow steps can create some issues with schema as the schema is overwritten by RDS package. Thanks to rene.feister who discovered this and recommended following workaround:

- create new IDM 8.0 ID store

- export the schema

- import the schema in the ID store where you previously imported RDS 1.0. and this should give you the actual 8.0 schema.

To fully benefit from all of the RDS features follow the Initial System Setup in RDS Configuration Guide in the following file RDS_NW_IDM_IDM720_SERV\SAP_BP\BBLibrary\Documentation\D04_IDM720_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_XX.doc which you can find in:

SAP Service Marketplace>Products>SAP Rapid Deployment Solutions (RDS)>Lines of Business>Finance>Enterprise Risk and Compliance>SAP Identity Management>Solution Deployment. For more information use http://service.sap.com/public/rds-idm.

1. Download the IDM 8.0 Patch 1 SCA and deploy it (e.g. via telnet) on the AS JAVA.

2. Install the IDM 8.0 Eclipse Developer environment Patch 1 from the SCA.

In Eclipse go to Help\Install New Software\Add and choose archive and find the location of the Eclipse archive from SCA content

IDM8.0_xxxxxxx\DATA_UNITS\IDM_CONFIG_LM_FOR_ECLIPSE_80\com.sap.idm.dev-ui-repository-8.0.2

3. Download the RDS package for IDM 7.2 - https://service.sap.com/rds-idm

Go to SAP Service Marketplace>Products>SAP Rapid Deployment Solutions (RDS)>Lines of Business>Finance>Enterprise Risk and Compliance>SAP Identity Management>Solution Deployment and then choose SAP Identity Management RDS Content V1

4. Import schema mcc as shown on the picture.

• Right click on Identity Store Schema\Import and find the import files folder like shown bellow.
  • In the lower right corner of the Open Dialog choose the IDM 7.2 “MCC files” and then select the 0256_IDM72_Identity_Store_Schema.mcc file.
  • From the Packages node’s context menu import the other two files:
    • 0256_IDM72_Job_Folder.mcc
    • 0256_IDM72_Provisioning_Folder.mcc

5. In order to see the web forms in the manage tab you need to give the respective role to the manager user: SAPC_IDM_ADMINISTRATORS

Assign this role to the user froms the web UI

6. Then the user should be able to see the RDS forms

You can add to favorites this function copy identity  and it will appear in front of  Choose task button

If still do not see the new forms in the UI then restart the IDM JMX Java application in SAP NetWeawer application server.

7. Finally in the RDS package constants you should check the following

Double click the identity store

Check that theID of the identity store in this case “1”

Open the idm\admin UI and go to system configuration and open the package constants of the provisioning package and make sure SAP_MASTER_IDS_ID value is equal to the above ID of the identity store in this case “1” and save.

For further details refer the Identity Management 7.20 - Setup and Provisioning (D04) document mentioned above (D04_IDM720_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_XX.doc and the official source for RDS http://service.sap.com/public/rds-idm

9 Comments
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I included an update note thanks to rene.feister

This blog originally was intended simply to test how it works and was not tested on any productive environment. I have got some feedback that as the RDS 1.0 was created for an older version of IDM 7.2. SP5 and simply running the bellow steps can create some issues with schema as the schema is overwritten by RDS package. Rene discovered this and recommended following workaround:

- create new IDM 8.0 ID store

- export the schema

- import the schema in the ID store where you previously imported RDS 1.0. and this should give you the actual 8.0 schema.

Also to make you aware that currently RDS 2.0 is in development and probably will come with IDM 8.0 SP2.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fedya,

Please keep us posted on RDS 2.0.  Will it be going through a CEI program?

Regards,

Matt

nunopereira
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hello Fedya,

I am trying to install

• 0256_IDM72_Provisioning_Folder.mcc

and i get the followin error

I have the latest SPs on IDM at this date 21.07.2015.

Can you help?

Kind regards,

Nuno Pereira

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think your best bet will be to set up the RDS on a 7.2 system and then migrate it rather than try to import directly to 8.0.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nuno,

check again step 4. you should first do it for Identity Store Schema\Import   and import 0256_IDM72_Identity_Store_Schema.mcc and then the packages.

And please use it only for experimental purposes

Best wishes,

Fedya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

It will not be through CEI program.

Best wishes,

Fedya

mohinder_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Fedya,

from where I get these MMC files for importing, I have download files from  service market place as you said but in this downloaded file only instructions documents .

Regards,

Mohinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

i'm working on idm 8.0 v and i need to generate a report using rds package, but in the admin url when i click on CHOOSE TASK i could not see any "TASK AVAILABLE FOR THIS ENTRY" (assign privileges,roles,groups and change own data)....................

so what may be the problem ???? How to troubleshoot it ..... where to start from ????

Thanks,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fedya,

I do not see the IDM 8.0 Patch on /SWDC or /Patches. What I see are:

000001  View content info  Add to download basket IDMIC00_4-80000537.SCA   SP00 for NW IDM 8.0 UIS FOR NW 7.30

Support Package NW IDM 8.0 UIS FOR NW 7.30 # OS independent

000002  View content info  Add to download basket IDMIC01_1-80000537.SCA   SP01 for NW IDM 8.0 UIS FOR NW 7.30

Support Package NW IDM 8.0 UIS FOR NW 7.30 # OS independent

000003  View content info  Add to download basket IDMPORTALCONT00_1-80000544.SCA   SP00 Patch1 for IDM 8.0 PORTAL CNT FOR NW 7.3

Support Package IDM 8.0 PORTAL CNT FOR NW 7.3 # OS independent

000004  View content info  Add to download basket IDMPORTALCONT01_0-80000544.SCA   SP01 Patch0 for IDM 8.0 PORTAL CNT FOR NW 7.3

Support Package IDM 8.0 PORTAL CNT FOR NW 7.3 # OS independent

000005  View content info  Add to download basket IDMUI500_0-80000542.SCA   SP00 Patch0 for NW IDM UI FOR HTML5 8.0

Support Package NW IDM UI FOR HTML5 8.0 # OS independent

000006  View content info  Add to download basket IDMUI501_0-80000542.SCA   SP01 Patch0 for NW IDM UI FOR HTML5 8.0

Support Package NW IDM UI FOR HTML5 8.0 # OS independent

Also, they are for NW 7.30 and not NW 7.40.

Thanks.

James