Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AilaneKuhn
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi there,

If your company do business in Romania, there are good news for you: the Standard Audit File - Taxation (or SAF-T) solution has been made available to enable you to report your business transactional data. 

With the Standard Audit File - Taxation (or SAF-T) report, you can generate reporting files with the information required by the National Agency for Fiscal Administration (ANAF) to fulfill the legal requirements for the D406 declaration. 

As the D406 declaration consists of four types of declaration, the solution delivery has been planned in phases: 

• Phase 1: Monthly/Quarterly declaration for Romanian resident companies ​(L/T).

• Phase 2Declaration for stocks ​(C) based on Tax authority request after first Monthly/Quarterly declaration. 

• Phase 3: Annual Declaration for assets (A) based on financial annual reporting.

• Phase 4: Monthly/Quarterly declaration for Romanian non-resident companies ​(NL/NT).

What’s available in the different releases and what is yet to come 

With the current solution released in April/May, 2022, you can already prepare monthly/quarterly declaration for Romanian resident companies. 

The SAF-T for Romania is available in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, SAP S/4HANA, and SAP ERP. 

For SAP S/4HANA and SAP ERP, you can implement the solution via SAP Notes. Here’s the central note you can go to find out more: SAP Note 3133675. 

You can check the following SAP Notes to help you implementing the solution: 

Here there are two getting started materials to help you in the implementation process: 

• 3165525 - SAF-T (RO): Getting Started - SAP S/4HANA 

• 3165284 - SAF-T (RO): Getting Started - SAP ERP 

Below you find more details about the solution available in SAP S/4HANA. 

Getting authorization and configuring the report in SAP S/4HANA 

These are the prerequisites to run the SAF-T  report: 

• When maintaining the general ledger accounts, keep in mind that the parameter selection regarding the Main or Alternative G/L Account should match with the settings in the Classify G/L Account configuration activity.  

• Business Partner Classification: This is a prerequisite when maintaining the master data for your business partners in the Maintain Business Partner app. 

For the BP Role Supplier (Fin. Accounting) and Company Code segments, select Vendor:Ctry-Spec. Enh. tab. For each business partner, proceed as follows: 

• Enter a validity date. Example: 01.01.2022 - 30.04.2099.

• Enter the VAT registration number according to the tax authority classification.

• Enter tax type 6. 

For business partners that need to be excluded from the master file, enter tax type 7. 

Note 

When the master data of your customers and business partners comes from the item instead of being defined in the Maintain Business Partner app, the tax number is set to empty. 

Once you’re ready, you can run the  SAF-T  report.  

How to run the report  

Check this video to have an overview on how it is to run the report in SAP S/4HANA with SAP Document and Reporting Compliance: 

More information 

For more information about the SAF-T report, see the product assistance on SAP Help Portal: 

Thanks for reading! Hope this gives the overview you need to get started with the SAF-T report.

Got any questions or feedback? Please leave a comment below or give feedback about the product assistance directly on the SAP Help Portal by using the comments feature. 

See you next time, 

Ailane Kuhn

#SAPGoGlobal #SAPLocalization 
14 Comments
meisenberger
Participant
0 Kudos
Hello Ailane,

thank you for this helpful blog!

Is there a possibility to do a mass update of the Business Partner Classification in SAP S4/HANA Cloud?

In the Mass Maintenance - Business Partner app I did not find BP Type Assignment fields and it would be a high effort to update them manually.

Thank you and BR
Mona
0 Kudos
In S/4 promise where is ?

To configure the Romania SAF-T report, make the required settings in the Setting Up Your Statutory Reporting Customizing activity ?
AilaneKuhn
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Mona,

Thanks for the feedback and for the question!
I'm afraid I'm not an expert on the Maintain Business Partner app, but it seems there's an option to use the central API for mass data processing. For more information about this app and related features, see Maintain Business Partner.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,

Ailane
AilaneKuhn
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Davide,

It depends on the SAP S/4HANA release you're working with. In the highest SAP S/4HANA releases, you can find it in Customizing for Cross-Application Components under General Application Functions > Document and Reporting Compliance > Country/Region-Specific Settings > Romania > Statutory Reporting > Standard Audit File - Taxation (SAF-T) > General Settings > Setting Up Your Statutory Reporting.

Let us double check it internally too and update the documentation accordingly.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,

Ailane
claudio_carrara
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Hello Ailane
I'm working on this issue for our small subsidiary in Romania on a ECC system
I refer to OSS nore 3139818 - SAF-T (RO) prerequisite, because we at teh moment we have not the component "Document compliance Framework" which is teh prerequisite #1 in the note.
The note contains a few different links to SAP Help portal, but these are not working so I can't undestrand what I have to do to check is my system is compliant or what I have to do to make it compliant. Can anybody check the note and send info where to check "Document compliance Framework" information.

Thank for your reply
Claudio

AilaneKuhn
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Claudio,

Could you please try accessing the links below?

You can find more information about the installation of Document Compliance Framework here:

1.1. Availability:

SAP Basis Releases Required for Document Compliance Framework - SAP Help Portal

Document Compliance Framework Availability by Release and Support Package - SAP Help Portal

1.2 General:Installation of Document Compliance Framework - SAP Help Portal

1.3. How to install if you do not have the latest SP level:

Transport-based:Installation of TCI for Document Compliance Framework - SAP Help Portal

Manual: Manual Installation of SAP Notes for Document Compliance Framework - SAP Help Portal

Corrections and Enhancements: Corrections and Enhancements as of Framework 26 - SAP Help Portal

Hope that helps.

Best regards,

Ailane
berndk
Explorer
0 Kudos
Dear Ailane,

we planned to start with our Company Code for Austria in 2024. this company has a registration in Romania. Therefor we have the abroad functionality in place. So in Phase 4 we have to report SAF-T from 2025.

I like to ask directly: Do you think we have to crate a separate company code for Romania (what we really don't like) or we can expect a solution from SAP inside the compliance reporting?

thanks and best regards

Bernd
AilaneKuhn
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Bernd,

Apologies for the delay on getting back to you.

This part of the solution is still in planning (Phase 4), but the plan includes a separate report within SAP Document and Reporting Compliance for non-resident companies ​(NL/NT) indeed.

I hope that helps.

Best regards,

Ailane
arnaudf
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hello,

I am starting the customizing of SAFT Romania along with the SAP Guide. I would need some explanations on some fields, especially "Default zero quantity" in the customizing "Classify GL Accounts" t code /CEECV/RO_SAFT_ACCMA.

I guess I will have other questions of this type. How can I find any answer on these specifities?

Thanks and Regards,

Arnaud
luciamal10
0 Kudos
Dear Ailane,

May I seek your help please regarding T-code /CEECV/ROFI_BPTY. 

We have to enter for suppliers tax type "6". Which tax type do we have to enter for customers? Also "6"(SAF-T classification). What are the criteria to select the correct tax type for customers?

Many thanks

With kind regards

Lucia
AilaneKuhn
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Arnaud,

Apologies for the delay in the reply.

The documentation of specific fields you can find in the activity in the system.

In short, the default zero quantity refers to the quantity in the Source Documents, Sales Invoices, and Purchase Invoices sections. This quantity is also relevant for lines with given account number.

I hope that helps.

Best regards,

Ailane
AilaneKuhn
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Lucia,

Apologies for the delay in the reply.

In short, there are a few things to consider regarding the tax types:

• If you want to include customers or suppliers in the master files section, enter 6 in the Tax Type field.

• You also need to maintain the business partners that you want to exclude from the reporting. For that, enter 7 in the Tax Type field.

• For one-time customers and one-time suppliers, you need to enter 0 in the VAT registration number.

• If you enter other VAT registration number, the report considers the data from the customer or supplier master data.

You can find more information about this setup in the report documentation on the SAP Help Portal: SAF-T (Main Declaration).

Recently, there's been an update to the field documentation in the system too.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,

Ailane
berndk
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Ailane,

we hat already a short communication about the SAF-T for non-resident companies, see the entry:

Did you have any news for me? Because the main question for us, can we continue with "Plants abroad" or do we have to create a new company code, to get the reporting out from the system.

thanks and best regards

Bernd

****Hi Bernd,

****Apologies for the delay on getting back to you.

****This part of the solution is still in planning (Phase 4), but the plan includes a separate report within ****SAP Document and Reporting Compliance for non-resident companies ​(NL/NT) indeed.

****I hope that helps.

****Best regards,

****Ailane

jimmymartain
Newcomer
0 Kudos

For businesses in Romania, the SAF-T solution in SAP S/4HANA and SAP ERP streamlines the reporting of transactional data, meeting legal requirements set by ANAF for the D406 declaration. The phased approach covers resident and non-resident companies, as well as declarations for stocks and assets. The latest artificial intelligence applications in SAP facilitate monthly/quarterly declarations for resident companies. SAP Notes provide essential information, and getting started materials guide users through implementation. Key steps include role authorization adjustments, configuration settings, and business partner classification, ensuring a compliant reporting process. Understanding these nuances is crucial for businesses navigating SAF-T in Romania with SAP solutions.