Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexander_peter
Advisor
Advisor

Until now, it was possible to use SAP Analytics Cloud, add-in for Microsoft Excel directly on the SAP Datasphere tenant. As the add-in requires a BI or planning license/subscription (similar to the story and data analyzer), we need to check for the BI or planning license of the user on the respective tenant. In most cases, companies have an additional SAP Analytics Cloud tenant that connects to the SAP Datasphere tenant via a live connection. In that case, please log on to this SAP Analytics Cloud tenant going forward.  Plan is to introduce this additional check by mid of June.

All existing workbooks continue to work, but new workbooks require the BI or planning license/subscription for the end user.

Please also find more information in the help portal here and here

6 Comments
TuncayKaraca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi @alexander_peter,

Thanks for the heads up regarding #SAP Datasphere and SAP Analytics Cloud, add-in for Microsoft Excel.

Is there any other official announcements and documentation for this info?

Do you mean now if customers connect SAP Datasphere tenant directly with SAP Analytics Cloud, add-in for Microsoft Excel then it requires the BI subscription for the end user though it's included SAC license already?  It's little bit confusing between Datasphere and SAP Analytics Cloud.

Appreciate more clarification.

Regards,
Tuncay

MKreitlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

* deleted ... I found the answer to my question 😉

XaviPolo
Active Contributor

@TuncayKaracaI think the change is that SAC ADDIN will only be able to connect to SAC (not to DSP directly) so you will have to use a SAC user and pay BI license.
As in DSP users have no cost, when they connected to DSP directly they did not need BI license.

TuncayKaraca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@XaviPolo Thanks for the answer. Hmm, it's interesting! Why can we not connect to Datasphere with SAC Addin? If I intend to use my analytic models in Datasphere directly with SAC Addin, I won't be able to do it even though I have nothing to do in SAC for the analytical model. Why not? Okay, let's wait for the middle of June! 😉

XaviPolo
Active Contributor

@TuncayKaraca I say this because I already have customers who have this "problem". They can ONLY use SAC Addin with the SAC tenant URL, not with the DSP URL. So I suspect it is not a bug, which is how it will be in all tenants soon.

TuncayKaraca
Active Contributor

@XaviPolo Got you, you already live in the real world! 😃