Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yogananda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
SAP Build is SAP’s low-code offering, designed to empower business users to easily build business applications.  SAP Build: What’s Under the Hood?

What is SAP Build for? In a few words, SAP Build is a unified low-code solution portfolio which enables everyone no matter the skill level to automate processes and tasks with drag-and-drop simplicity.

SAP Build brings together

SAP Build Apps (formerly SAP AppGyver),

SAP Build Process Automation (formerly SAP Process Automation), and

SAP Build Work Zone (formerly SAP Work Zone and SAP Launchpad service) into a unified development experience with new innovations to rapidly build apps, automate processes, and create business sites.

Get Started to enable in your SAP BTP for SAP Build

Find out how you can build apps, automations, and sites without professional coding skills to easily digitalize your daily work by exploring SAP’s free learning content on SAP Build. It is designed for business users who want to rapidly develop software using little or no code at all, working only with visual programming tools and drag-and-drop components. Check out even more role-based learning resources and opportunities to get certified in one place on SAP Learning site. 

Please note that the free tier for SAP Build Apps is currently available to SAP customers. Individual access will be coming soon. See the prerequisites and subscription guide.
Help Documentation Guide

About getting Free-Tier Account

Go to your SAP BTP Cockpit - Select Boosters and Search for Build

Select the Subaccount and User who is provisioning should have role of Subaccount Administrator

Follow the rest of the steps, Add users and Click Next to Finish

Go to your Subaccount - Instances and Subscriptions - SAP Build Process Automation or SAP Build or SAP Build Work Zone

Finally, you would be seeing SAP Build Lobby

In case some of you missed SAP TechEd keynote (which I am sure there are very few): I am happy to let you know that SAP Build is now out! 

Know more about SAP Build - Powerful Insight Videos

33 Comments
Hasan_Saeed
Explorer
Hello yoganandamuthaiah
I cannot find "SAP Build" in my trial account.

yogananda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi h.saeed

Its not available in Trial Account.  Only available in Free-Tier through this link .
Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
Will it be available on trial ever?
yogananda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi daniel.wroblewski
BTW, you're doing great at #sapteched

BTP Trial Account will be coming Soon and Its in top of my blog 🙂
Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
I tried to run the SAP Build Apps booster, and it wants me to have the SAP Launchpad standard (paid) plan. Is that how it is supposed to work?

yogananda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
yes daniel.wroblewski It requires SAP LaunchPad for Web apps but if its not enabled already in your subaccount.  Also you can click Delete button if its not required.

AlexanderFelke
Explorer
While your slides and videos on TechEd22 are pretty easy to follow, subscribing to the needed Service Marketplace e.g. "SAP Build Process Automation" is not. So you provide wonderful content and motivate your customers to explore SAP Build, but then what? I've contacted my Customer Success Director for help.
0 Kudos

But does that mean if i use that booster as is i will be charged according to the standard plan?

Same happens in the ABAP Environment Free Bosster.

It ends up automatically creating a Cloud Foundry Environment  in the standard plan without the possibillity to choose the free version.

Is that ab bug? Do i get charged?

Former Member
0 Kudos
+1

Same as always with SAP...

0 Kudos
Hello Yogananda,

I don't have SAP Build and Launchpad available as entitlement to add. Instead I see SAP AppGyver only and I am getting error while launching booster because of missing SAP Build and SAP Launchpad entitlement.

Can someone help

Thanks

Shrija
0 Kudos
Hi Yognanda

I don't have SAP Build and Launchpad available as entitlement to add, instead I see greyed out SAP AppGyver only.

The issue is when I am launching booster, I am getting missing entitlement error at the pre-requiste step

Can you please help

Thanks

Shrija
Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

What system are you using? A trial account? An individual PAYG account? Company account?

0 Kudos
Hi Daniel, I am using company account and I was able to fix the issue. Now I am running into different issue. I am getting subsription error while creating instance of "Cloud Identity Services" and this a pre-requiste to finish the SAP Build booster.

Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos
Sorry, but Cloud Identity Services is not my expertise. Error messages can be very opaque, and perhaps it could be your permissions, the entitlements of the global/subaccount, available quota or something like that. Of course, it is a company account and I assume there is support, so you could just open a ticket.
justin_rogers
Explorer
0 Kudos
Same thing here only to found out that there is no free-tier offering for CIS.  So basically the "free tier" SAP Build Apps booster has a prerequisite that requires a paid plan so not useful in its current state.
Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos
Yes, at first this seems a problem, but the service on a single tenant with limited use is free.

See this blog and also the gregorw answer to my similar question in this SAP Build Apps blog.

Good luck.
AlexanderFelke
Explorer
0 Kudos
Here's the deal for paid customers. It's a license issue. When you're on the subscription model, it's not available automatically. Only in the "Pay as you go" model and Cloud Customer. So we switched to "Pay as you go" et voila. All the SAP Cloudness is available at your fingertips. There are some disadvantages, so speak to your sales rep or ask your doctor or pharmacist.
AlexanderFelke
Explorer
Here's the deal for paid customers. It's a license issue. When you're on the subscription model, it's not available automatically. Only in the "Pay as you go" model and Cloud Customer. So we switched to "Pay as you go" et voila. All the SAP Cloudness is available at your fingertips. There are some disadvantages, so speak to your sales rep or ask your doctor or pharmacist.
justin_rogers
Explorer
Hello Daniel,

That blog filled the gap, it had some directions within a help.sap page which gave guidance on how to manually create an instance of the CIS service within the BTP free tier.  Interesting that the booster didn't have that activity as part of its automated steps.  Thanks!
FS-arty
Explorer
Hi, so is Apps and Process Automation in free tier but not Work Zone, do I get it right?

Because from this blog post it seems like all three of them are available in free tier.

yogananda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
artydik

1st box from your above pic is SAP Build Work Zone, advanced edition which is not in Free Tier but you have one Work zone in free tier in Booster.
FS-arty
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi,

thanks for the reply.

Thou I have no free tier in the booster, also your screenshot shows the booster SAP Build Work Zone, advanced edition.

there it shows also advanced edition

the same as mine does

Also if I look up in the free tier services in the discovery center, I cannot find Work Zone free tier.

Are you sure there is a free tier version of this?

sukshath
Discoverer
0 Kudos
yoganandamuthaiah  Is this available in trial account?
Also we have private BTP account ... Where can I see the cost to assign this entitlement?
yogananda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
sukshath

This is not available in Trial account.   Its available in Free-Tier and Global accounts only.
Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos
It is not available on trial. However there is a sandbox with SAP Build Apps. Here is the information:  https://groups.community.sap.com/t5/sap-builders-blog-posts/announcing-the-sap-build-apps-sandbox/ba...

Pricing information is generally available in the Discovery Center: https://discovery-center.cloud.sap/serviceCatalog/sap-build-apps?region=all
DhruvinM
Participant
0 Kudos
I have my Global sub account but while I try i am not allowed

is this due to EU flag?
yogananda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
dhruvinm

Its failed because the Missing Entitlements as shown in your screenshot.  In your global account, you need add first entitlements and then run the Booster. It will work.
DhruvinM
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi yoganandamuthaiah

The required entitlements are not available in the list, tried searching with Build or SAP Build workzone.

Can you please suggest if i need to raise an SAP incident?

BR

Dhruvin
beapasch
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi dhruvinm ,
I assume that you are using a partner TDD or Pay-as-you-go Model, right? In that case you will not find SAP Build Apps in your BTP account for the entitlement. We will add SAP Build Apps soon to this partner offering and will announce it on the Partner Portal.
If you are not using a partner offering please contact me via buildapps@sap.com
Kind regards, Beatrice Pasch
DhruvinM
Participant
Hi Beatrice,

I have sent you and email for the same, Looking forward for a session! 🙂

BR

Dhruvin
mt_a
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for great blog.

I stuck at one of the issue.

I used booster to enable SAP BUILD.

It has been enabled, and I managed to create the project. But as soon as I click on project name, its giving me following error.

I cleared all the browser cache and cookie, but still facing this issue.

This page isn’t working

arbqo1mzk.trial-accounts.ondemand.com redirected you too many times.

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

beapasch
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
mt.a Please refresh your page and test it again. It should work now. If you still have an issue please send me an email to buildapps@sap.com
Kind regards, Bea
mt_a
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi

thanks for swift response

i refreshed the page but still same problem

i already sent the email.

Tausif