Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peterengel
Advisor
Advisor
SAP Build Process Automation is available via Free Tier and of course as a payed version. Therefore the service has several service plans to distinguish between the usage types and to measure the consumed services.

In this blog post I will explain the different service plans and how they are related to each other. Let me start with a short overview which shows all the available service plans in the entitlements section of a sub-account.

You can see that we have nine service plans for SAP Build Process Automation. If you like to start with the free tier version of the solution you need two service plans: "free (Application)" and "standard".

"free (Application)" enables you to subscribe to the service and "standard" enables you to create a service instance. You need both for the full usage of all capabilities of SAP Build Process Automation.

IMPORTANT: "standard" is a free of charge service plan, but "standard (Application)" is a charged plan!

This brings us directly to the update path from free tier to a payed version. For a detailed view on the procedure please refer my earlier explanation in this blog post.

For a full productive usage of SAP Build Process Automation you need the "standard (Application)" and the "standard" plan, where the "standard (Application)" service plan enables you to subscribe to the service.

Depending on your planned automation scenarios you need the following service plans in addition:

"advanced-user": advanced user are able to design, monitor, administrate the solution and access the process visibility workspace.

"standard-user": standard user are process participants who trigger, approve or contribute to a process instance

"automation-unattended": This service plan allows you to use automations (bots) in unattended mode.

"automation-attended": This service plan allows you to use automations (bots) in attended mode.

The "advanced-user" and the "standard-user" service plans includes the access to the SAP Build Workzone standard edition and a certain number of API calls and storage. Normally there is no need for an additional licensing.

In case you have API call or storage intensive use cases and the included quota is not high enough, you need the "api-calls" and "storage" service plans. These service plans are as of today only available via subscription not via CPEA/PAYG. We will add the plans to CPEA/PAYG in the course of next months.

I hope this explanation helps to understand the structure of the service plans for SAP Build Process Automation better.

For more information on SAP Build Process Automation, please refer to the following resources: 

17 Comments
NicofromSAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi Peter, great overview for our customers and colleagues 💪🏻
Murali_Shan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Thanks for outlining the different service plans.
shantanusharma
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Very useful. Thank you.
Cocquerel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Business rules services is switching from SAP Workflow Management subaccount and to SAP Build Process Automation subaccount. See

https://help.sap.com/docs/WORKFLOW_MANAGEMENT/6f55baaf330443bd8132d071581bbae6/2d888f3b7cbb4b36ae857...

What is the minimal service plans required to run Business rules ?
peterengel
Advisor
Advisor
Hi Michael,

you need at least one advanced user. If you like to realise a scenario where you use Business Rules / Decisions standalone, you need also additional API calls.

Without knowing the details on your use case you need the following service plans: standard (Application), standard, advanced-user, api-calls.

Br,

Peter
Cocquerel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
In my use case, business users are maintaining rules using the standard Business rules UI in BTP and then publish the rules as HANA procedures in an HANA on-premise system ( see https://help.sap.com/docs/BUSINESS_RULES/0e4dd38c4e204f47b1ffd09e5684537b/fde5254c31bd4479a31f1e2ea8... )
My understanding is that I do not need api-calls service plan for this use case. Do you confirm ?
Archana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello Michael,

Analytical rule deployment is not yet available in SAP Build Process Automation. It is in roadmap for 2023. Once this is available, then you will need "advanced-user" to create and manage rule from decision editor and then "api-call" to deploy the rules in HANA system. But as "advanced-user" already comes with the "api-call" quota - the same should suffice (as the deployment is not very extensive activity).

Hope that helps,
Archana

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

Will analytical rule deployment to SAP HANA Cloud also be supported?

Thanks,

Mustafa.

Archana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
yes it will support deployment to SAP HANA Cloud as well.

SF_Commune
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hello Archana, 

As you mentioned, I could not able to see "advanced-user" or "api-call" plans in my trial account. How would I enable those? 

Thanks,

Nanda

MauricioMiao
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi peter.engel ,

The “advanced-user” and the “standard-user” service plans includes the access to the SAP Build Workzone standard edition and a certain number of API calls and storage. Normally there is no need for an additional licensing.

Is the SAP Build Workzone standard edition always included in advanced-user and standard-user for SBPA?

Regards,

Mauricio

peterengel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi Mauricio,

the access to the Work Zone standard edition is always included in the SAP Build Process Automation user based licenses.

Br

Peter

AtharitA
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Thank you very much for great blogs!

We would like to know about “api-calls”, are there any tools / documents which we can estimate the price for additional "api-calls"?

( For instance, how much does it cost for using 100,000 api-calls per month )

We have already explored in discovery center : https://discovery-center.cloud.sap/estimator/?commercialModel=cpea and found that there is no pricing for additional "api-calls"

Regards,

Atharit A.
peterengel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi Atharit,

the additional API calls SKU is not available under CPEA/PAYG. Please check the subscription area:

Please have in mind that we charge customers only on Global Account level. Therefore every api calls included in a user license will be pooled on GA level and there is no charging or metering on user level.

Br,
Peter
MauricioMiao
Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi peter.engel,

Nice blog, thanks for this summary.

One of my customers sent me a question regarding the number of connections that was billed to him:

Mmiao_0-1702311625594.png

BTP counted 9 connections, but he has one Agent running in one VM and one Automation Project in SBPA only, I understood that every Agent connecting to BTP during a month generates one connection, and should be only one as far I understood, if I have 2 agents connecting to BTP it would charge 2 connections, and so on, but I see it is far from reality.

Could you help clarifying it for me please?
peterengel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi Mauricio,

indeed this looks strange with the background of the customer usage you described. The customer has to open a ticket / write an email to SAP. The information how to cliam a reimbursement should be available the balance statement.

Br,

Peter
MauricioMiao
Contributor
0 Kudos
Thanks Peter.

Regards

Mauricio