Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

The journey continues!

Note: The current version is SAP Business Client 8.0 . SAP Business Client 8.10 is planned for Q1, 2025.

SAP Business Client 7.0 is no longer supported since April 12th, 2022

FEATURES in 7.0:

BRANDING

• The branding image is taken from the custom theme (FLP and SAP BC connections) unless the option "Use SAP GUI theme" is set or there is no branding image set in the custom theme.

• Users can choose their own custom themes. For the FLP connection, SAP Business Client adopts the theme specified in the Fiori launchpad configuration. For the SAP Business Client, end users can choose from a variety of custom themes provided for systems.

THEMING

For better accessibility, we have introduced two more themes: High Contrast Black and High Contrast White – corresponding to the SAP Belize theme.

FAVORITES

With SAP Business Client 7.0, you can now import your favorites (Business Client and FLP connection type) and your SAP Easy Access favorites (Business Client connection).

MULTIPLE SYSTEMS

Administrator determines what side panel configuration shall be used (evaluate side panel configurations in the remote system where the main application is running in).

CONNECTION MANAGEMENT

Default Connection: You can define your favorite connection as the default connection. This will then be highlighted with a favorite icon (star).

The administrator therefore has to change the behavior of SAP Business Client in the administrator configuration file, NwbcOptions.xml.

Administrator Settings:
    <!-- If true, and a default connection is defined, the NWBC selects the default connection instead of the latest active connection at startup.  -->

<UseDefaultConnection>true</UseDefaultConnection>

<!-- The UUID of the defined default connection. Can be found in the SAPUILandscape.xml-file as the serviceid of the required connection.

Typical value format: cee90b6f-3365-4bd3-9476-ae048d190615.-->

<DefaultConnectionGuid></DefaultConnectionGuid>

Web Dispatcher: Administrators can define web dispatchers for usage in FLP and SAP BC connections. If web dispatchers are available for a system, they will be proposed in the system properties dialog before application servers.

DOWNLOAD; don’t forget to install .NET 4.6.2
64 Comments
WRoeckelein
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Sandra,

thanks for the interesting article which prompted me to install the new version. However it does not seem to be available (yet), while SAPGUI 7.6 is available.

When will the new version be available  for download? According to note 2744024 yesterday, but this seems not to be true...

Regards,

Wolfgang
ulrich_brenner2
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Wolfgang,

BC7 is included in the SAP installation, just run SapNwBcSetup.exe to install it separately or  SetupAll.exe and it is included in the list of software that can be installed together with the SAP GUI 7.60.
0 Kudos
Hi Sandra,

Is it possible that the use of SBC with Chromium does not work yet? When I start a Fiori Launchpad connection, everything closes after a short time.

If i change the Browser-Control to Internet Explorer, all works fine.

Furthermore, I lack the option to attach SAP Business Client 7.0 to my startup:

with best regards

Maik
sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Wolfgang, you are an early bird 6:58. Download went live short before 10.

Regards,

Sandra
sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi Maik,

pin, unpin to start and to taskbar works just fine. Chromium as well. If the issue remains pl. repeat the installation from here:

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/softwarecenter/template/products/_APP=00200682500000001943&_EVEN...

Regards,

Sandra

AnandAdayap
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Sandra

Any plans to SAP business client to start supporting microsoft edge browser , as IE is going away soon ?.

Thanks

Anand
former_member194549
Contributor
Hi Anand,

Microsoft plans to use also Chromium also in edge.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2018/12/06/microsoft-edge-making-the-web-better-through-...

Regards,
Simon
sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Simon is right. We are on the right track with Chromium. Btw: two new Chromium Settings were added to the administrator configuration file in %allusersprofile%\SAP\NWBC regarding file downloads. See Note 2718425

0 Kudos
Hi Sandra,

We would like to use web dispatchers to access the Fiori from external with SAP BC7.0.

Wondering if SAP BC7.0 is able to support "SAPGUI for Windows" when access from external.

BRs,

Por.
sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Por,

depends on what is meant by "external" in your scenario. Could you provide details?

Regards,

Sandra
0 Kudos
Hi Sandra,

While trying to perform any recording from external tool, SAPGUI 760 session is opened. My requirement is to open a session in SAP Business Client 7.0, where we can have multiple tabs. Is it possible with current version of Business Client?

When I checked via NWBC 5.0 (installed with SAPGUI 740), NWBC window gets opened for recording.
sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Bhavya,

the current version is SAP Business Client 7.0, PL1. And yes, multiple tabs/SAP GUI screens can be displayed.

NWBC 5.0 is out of support.

Screenshot: Connection type SAP Business Client

christopher_griffin
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Sandra

Can you explain the multiple systems part?  It seems the text is (accidentally?) copied from the Favorites part...
sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Christopher,

it's related to the side panels.

MULTIPLE SYSTEMS

Administrator determines what side panel configuration shall be used (evaluate side panel configurations in the remote system where the main application is running in).

C&P issue. Thank you.

Regards,

Sandra
nilay_mehta123
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Any plans for SBC to be released for iOS anytime soon?
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra

We just started with FLP and I’m planning to use SAP Business Client 7.0, PL1 for users to access FLP, I also want to centralize the configuration files “Entries to the systems”
I have deployed a test environment with the mentioned versions, centralizing the configuration files, in the file “SAPUILandscape.xml” centralize the entries to SAP Logon and FLP systems, and everything works wonderfully.

However, I found an error that I hope you can help me solve in SAP Business Client 7.0, PL1, when I update the configuration file “SAPUILandscape.xml” for example including new FLP and SAP Logon entries, SAP Logon when I open it again it takes the changes and are reflected correctly, SAP Business Client 7.0, PL1 when you open it does not update and does not reflect the changes, you know some fix to correct this error ?, read the configuration files every time the application is opened.

Thank you for your comments.

Regards,

Giovanny

lucafabbri365
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hello giovagonzalez,

did you solve this issue ? I opened this post in SAP Community https://answers.sap.com/questions/12938789/nwbc-local-cache.html and I'm waiting for any (useful) feedback.

Thank you,

Luca

sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Giovanny,

issue solved, patch will be deliverd this week (KW3):

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2878824

Regards,

Sandra
sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Luca,

patch will be deliverd this week:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2878824

If the patch doesn't solve the issue, please open a ticket.

Regards,

Sandra
lucafabbri365
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hello Sandra,

I worked with SAP support at this issue: the issue was solved in PL7 (beta) I tested for this purpose.

Thank you,
Luca
tgdfudi1
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hallo Sandra

Ich habe erfolgreich folgendes gemacht:
- Business Client Version 7.0 installiert;
- Launchpad als System aufgenommen (Lösung ist Embedded);
=> Backend System und Frontend im selben System
- Ich kann mich erfolgreich anmelden im Launchpad
- Ich kann alle FIORI Kacheln, welche nicht transaktional sind aufrufen.

Leider kommt mir bei den transaktionalen Fioris eine Fehlermeldung:

Ich muss mich im System erst anmelden: Benutzer und Passwort (soweit ok)

Dann aber die Fehlermeldung:

SAP GUI for Windows 750
Lastverteilungsfehler 85 bei Anmeldung:
Messageserver for _tsystem 'S4H' not found - check spelling and/or configuration

Fehlt ein Eintrag bei den drivers?

Danke für einen Hinweis.
sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Diego,

hast du das target system eingetragen? Bitte überprüfe die Konfiguration und Destination.

EXAMPLE_BACKEND_RFC (type 3), EXAMPLE_BACKEND_HTTP (type H), EXAMPLE_BACKEND_HTTP (type H)

Schau bitte mal in diesen blog:

https://blogs.sap.com/2020/02/20/the-sap-fiori-launchpad-in-sap-business-client/

Freue mich über dein Feedback.

Wenn das nichts hilft, musst du leider eine Meldung aufmachen.

Gruß,

Sandra

tgdfudi1
Explorer
0 Kudos
Vielen Dank für die rasche Antwort.

Wenn ich das korrekt verstehen dann sind die Backend Verbindungen diejenigen die bei uns im System jeweils LOCAL_RFC, LOCAL_HTTP, LOCAL_HTTPS heissen.

Ohne diese Verbindungen laufen ohnehin die Fioris nicht, daran kann es meiner Meinung nicht liegen.

Gruss Diego
tgdfudi1
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hallo Sandra

Ich habe die Einstellungen berücksichtigt. Nun kann ich die Transaktion direkt aufgerufen werden. Danke sehr.

Ich habe aber noch ein Problem. Bei der Transaktion CJ20N Project Builder. In dieser Transaktion können die GANTT Diagramme nicht aufgerufen werden. Mitte Januar war ich in der SAP Schulung S4120 und da konnte ich via Business Client mit dem Launchpad die Transaktion mit den GANTT Diagrammen aufrufen.

Haben Sie noch einen entsprechenden Hinweis vielleicht? Was muss dazu noch berücksichtigt werden.

Auszug Fehlermeldung:

Initializing of graphics for HTML is not supported in the SAP GUI

Message no. CJ825

Diagnosis

If you call transactions containing graphics with a SAP GUI for the JAVA or HTML environment, it could result in a short dump.

This can occur if the graphic component is not available for the corresponding platform, or if the embedding of the graphic component for Windows has been optimized and therefore can't be used on other platforms.

Graphics that do not run within the screen are available in the SAP GUI for the JAVA environment  - however, you cannot call them up using the SAP GUI for the HTML environment.

You can display presentation graphics embedded in the screen by using a IGS (Internet Graphics Server). This works from release 4.6C (backend) on.

The same goes for networks and Gantt charts, if the following prerequisites have been fulfilled:

• The application was converted after 4.6B.

• The graphnic takes up the entire screen.

The following applications are not executable (neither in the SAP GUI for JAVA environment nor in the SAP GUI for the HTML environment) from release 4.6 on:

• Project System:

• Calling the project planning board directly (CJ2B, CJ2C, CJ27)

• Calling the simulation directly (CJV1, CJV2, CJV3)

• Calling the project planning board indirectly using the Project Builder (CJ20N)

• Calling the project planning board indirectly using structure planning (CJ20)

• Workflow (SWDD)

Procedure

If you require graphics for this transaction, use a Windows frontend.

sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Dear Diego,

die Transaktion, die jetzt "direkt aufgerufen" wird, ist das wirklich eine native GUI Transaktion? Und nicht vielleicht doch der Web GUI?  Und wenn ja, wird das GANTT chart denn im SAP GUI only ohne SAP Business Client korrekt angezeigt?

Gruß,

Sandra
tgdfudi1
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Sandra

Yes, the transaction CJ20N is a native GUI Transaction and this works fine from both the SAP GUI in the Business Client and from a Fiori Tile (Project Builder) in the Business Client.

From the SAP GUI the graphics options could be displayed without problem (both within SAP Business Client and from the normal SAP Logon) but from the Fiori we had an error message:

Initializing of graphics for HTML is not supported in the SAP GUI

The System always logged on as SAP GUI for HTML and therefore the graphics could not be displayed.

To force the system to use SAP GUI for Windows we changed the SAP GUI Type in the System Entry (Business Client logon) to "SAP GUI for Windows" (it was "SAP GUI for Windows with Fallback").

Then we got an error message that it was not possible to start SAP GUI for Windows and SAP GUI for HTML would be used instead. The message references the OSS Note 1638715.

As suggested in this note we ran a NWBC detailed trace which contained the following message:   "URL is not complete to start Wingui (~service missing)"

We took the following steps to resolve the problem:

In the view /UI2/V_ALIASMAP (transaction SM30) the entry for Source System Alias S4PS was missing. This was added with Target System Alias LOCAL.

S4PS is the System Alias in the Fiori Tile "Project Builder" (Target Mapping).

The RFC Connection LOCAL_RFC was set to No Load Sharing (also mentioned in the OSS Note).

Then the path for the SAP GUI had to be added to a trusted zone in Internet Explorer (by IT Help Desk).

Thanks very much for your help and interesting post.

Diego
0 Kudos
Hi Sandra,

ist im BC 7.0 PL 09 (Chromium) möglich Cross-Origin-Zugriffe durchzuführen?

Hintergrund der Frage ist, dass ein Sidepanel im Core-System geöffnet wird,welches in einem iFrame eine Fiori-App enthält, die auf einem Frontend-Server läuft.

Danke für die Rückmeldung.

Viele Grüße

Nora

sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi Nora,

that's an very unorthodox approach isn't it? A SAP Fiori app within a Side Panel designed to run transactions. You could test it with the new Edge control if you'd like to join our beta program :-).

https://blogs.sap.com/2020/05/06/help-wanted-testing-the-sap-business-client-7.70-beta/

PS: Sobald ich eine Antwort aus der Entwicklung erhalten, melde ich mich bei dir.

Regards,

Sandra
sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

well that’s what customers tend to do from time to time. ? Thanks for your reply!

Regards,

Nora

PS: Meine Fa. nimmt am Beta Test teil, dann werde ich den neuen BC auch testen. Ich bin gespannt.

MichaelG258
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Nora,

I am trying to make the new BC 7.0 our default client because it handles connections to all of our SAP Applications and the users will be able to access all apps from the client.  In addition to ABAP servers, we utilize BO and PI.  I have successfully created connections to BO Central Mgmt Console and WebUI without problems using the Chromium settings.  However, the URL to our PI servers only works when the Browser settings are set to Internet Explorer.  It appears the Browser settings are default for the client and not the connection.  Is there a way to configure the browser for individual connections?
sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Michael,

flexible browser usage will be delivered with 7.70 (Q3/Q4 2020). Standard browser will be the cef-chromium or edge. Via Whitelist you can switch to IE.

Regards,

Sandra
m_topper2
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hello Sandra,

When I start transaction SM_WORKCENTER in SAP Solution Manager 7.2 it opens a Internet Explorer window (or a browser of preference). Is it possible to let it open directly in NWBC?

Kind regards, Mark
sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Mark,

it depends on how you start the transaction. You should clarify that issue with the Solution Manager.

See: Short form of URL 

Regards,

Sandra
former_member68216
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Sandra,

Can you share any road map/strategy for SAP Business Client?

My client is using SAP BC 7.0 and we keep the patch level fairly current.

Will there be future releases of BC or is all the focus on the non-client based WebUI?

I just don't want to lead my client down the wrong path.

FYI, they are currently running S/4 1809 on-premise and will upgrade to S/4 2020 next Summer.

Thanks for your guidance,

Daniel

sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

currently we are on PL12. The beta has been completed, see the link below.

The next major version, SAP Business Client 7.70, will be released January 29th, together with SAP GUI for Windows with many useful features, e.g. full 64-bit version, flexible usage of different web browser controls.

See Roadmap page 58

Regards,

Sandra

BETA:

https://blogs.sap.com/2020/05/06/help-wanted-testing-the-sap-business-client-7.70-beta/

https://blogs.sap.com/2020/07/15/sap-business-client-and-s-4hana-cloud/

former_member68216
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Thanks Sandra for the quick reply.

From this info it seems Business Client has some life left in it! Good to know.

Looking forward to seeing the 7.70 version in December.

Cheers,

Daniel
ftafur
Newcomer
0 Kudos
Hi Sandra.

We currently are implementing SAP S/4Hana 1909 on HEC, as a value promise, we will like to change all user experience.

We wouldn't like to use SAP GUI never more.

Is it possible to use only SAP NWBC without using SAP GUI and what happens when we will need to use a classic transaction that doesn't have its equivalent in SAP Fiori?

Regards
sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Francisco,

you can fully integrate the Fiori launchpad into the SAP Business Client, see:

https://blogs.sap.com/2020/02/20/the-sap-fiori-launchpad-in-sap-business-client/

Regards,

Sandra
0 Kudos
Hi sandra.thimme,

It is nice to have the feature to import favorites, but do you know how to export it? Otherwise, what the advantage to import it?

Regards,
Jaisson.
sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi Jaisson Cittadin Bitencourt

hope this will help:

%appdata%\SAP\NWBC\BCFavorites.xml

Regards,

Sandra
Thijs
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Sandra,

I have a question in regards to the business client. When I download a payment file using the Fiori app 'Manage Payment Media' I run into two things:

1. It automatically downloads the files to my download folder, I don't get to select a location myself - is there a setting where I can change this? I don't see it in the list of settings in the business client itself

2. For one of our clients, the file is automatically saved as a .txt file, even though it is an .xml file. For a different client, it is saved as .xml file like it should - is this a setting in the business client? One of my colleagues vaguely remembers having this issue before and he thought it was a setting in the business client.

Thanks so much in advance!

Kind regards,

Thijs Verhagen
sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Thijs,

you can change the download path in the configuration or ask for the path with each download (<AskForFileLocationBeforeDownload>).

Please have a look at the following documentation and check your whitelist for file extensions:

Chromium Options

Note: Only available with the Chromium Browser Control

Regards,

Sandra
0 Kudos
Hi Sandra,

Is SAP BC 7.70 still being released today? Any updates?

Regards,

Christian
sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Christian,

unfortunately not, postponed to end of January 2021.

https://blogs.sap.com/2020/03/31/new-major-release-is-on-the-way-sap-business-client-7.70/#

Regards,

Sandra
0 Kudos
Thanks for the update!
Ronnie_Vaughn
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Sandra,

We are currently using Business Client 7.0 PL12.

Our company is in the process of decommissioning Internet Explorer.

Will the Business Client still function properly if IE is removed from the computer and the browser control setting is Chomium?

Thanks

Ronnie Vaughn
sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi Ronald,

yes.

The alternative is Microsoft Edge WebView2 Control based on Chromium.

With our next release 7.70 you can choose between IE, Chromium and Edge.

See also:

https://blogs.sap.com/2020/03/31/new-major-release-is-on-the-way-sap-business-client-7.70/

Regarding the embedded SAP GUI for Windows, please have a look at the following note:

2913405 - SAP GUI for Windows: Dependencies to browsers / browser controls - SAP ONE Support Launchp...

Regards,

Sandra
zfiori
Participant
0 Kudos
Dear Sandra,

Did you have any release news for " SAP Business Client 7.0 patch 15 or patch 16 "  ?
Thanks.

:)
sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi Miller Lam,

Happy New Year! The next Version of SAP Business Client (7.70) will be released January 29th.

7.0 PL 15 is available since Dezember 18, 2020.

SAP BUSINESS CLIENT 7.0 PL15  was delivered and is available for customers in SAP ONE Support Launchpad (SAP Software Download Center).

The embedded Chromium Version has been updated, see note 2622660.

Improvements regarding IE Quirks mode:3003133

SAP GUI Integration: 2989176, 3000484, 2986488

Regards,

Sandra