Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gautham_krishna
Advisor
Advisor
We are extremely happy to announce that SAP Cloud Platform Integration, SAP’s flagship on-demand integration solution, is now available on Cloud Foundry environment. With this update, you can leverage the advantages offered by Cloud Foundry like centralized logging, and dynamic routing. The centralized cockpit of SAP Cloud Platform ensures that you can easily administer your Cloud Integration applications on the new Cloud Foundry environment and Neo environment from one global account.

Self-Service for Provisioning Your Cloud Integration Tenant on CF

To further simplify your user experience, we are providing a self-service for provisioning an SAP Cloud Platform Integration tenant on Cloud Foundry with a few simple steps. You can enable your own tenant only if you have a Cloud Platform Enterprise Agreement (CPEA) license.

To provision your Cloud Integration tenant on Cloud Foundry environment, please follow the steps mentioned here: Official documentation on help.sap.com. If you prefer a resource with screenshots, refer to this Blog On Self-Service Enablement of Cloud Integration Service on Cloud Foundry Environment

What About Trial?

If you would like to try out SAP Cloud Platform Integration on Cloud Foundry, you can provision a tenant on your existing trial account by following the steps in the aforementioned blog. However, steps 1 and 2 will not be applicable for trial accounts. For more details on SAP Cloud Platform Integration trial, check out these resources: Trial section of the Cloud Integration Product Page or SAP Cloud Platform Integration – Test and learn more about SAP’s cloud based integration solution

Currently, a subset of features available on Neo environment for SAP Cloud Platform Integration is available on the Cloud Foundry (CF) environment. We are currently working on ensuring that all features on Neo will be supported on Cloud Foundry also in the coming months. For a detailed list of features not supported on the CF environment, check out this release restriction note.

Please try out SAP Cloud Platform Integration on Cloud Foundry environment and let us know what you think in the comments below!
219 Comments
gautham_krishna
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hello Guru Dutt,

Can you please send me a personal message on https://messages.sap.com/ please? I need some more data to figure out what is the issue.

Thanks & Best Regards, Gautham
JuanDK78
Participant
0 Kudos
I was able to deploy, but it takes it fails the deployment 5-6 times before deploying.

Now, i want to un-deploy a flow, nothing happens.

sapere-beta.it-cpitrial01.cfapps.eu10.hana.ondemand.com

0 Kudos
Hi,

Does anybody has the following error when tries to deploy?

[CONTENT][CONTENT_DEPLOY][GenerationFailed] : Did not receive response from Generation and build service

Please if any can help me with it.
gautham_krishna
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi Daniel,

Can you please share a screenshot of the iflow you are trying to deploy? By any chance, is it something that you reused from a template?

Best Regards, Gautham
prothoma_sinha
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi,

Even I am facing this issue "[CONTENT][CONTENT_DEPLOY][GenerationFailed] : Did not receive response from Generation and build service" in my trial account. This same application had deployed previously and now when I undeploy and deploy again (without any changes), it fails.

Do we have any solution for this?

Kind regards,

Prothoma
0 Kudos
Hi Prothoma,

Thanks for the reply, I deleted all the suscription to CPI and the CF instance to start over, and now I event can't suscribe to the service, now I'm having the following message:

"Could not subscribe to Process Integration. Please try again. If the problem persists, open a ticket using the BCP component LOD-HCI-PI and include the job ID 75a49176-827f-461a-981a-094c268c69b9 and the correlation ID 75a49176-827f-461a-981a-094c268c69b9"

And I can't even create a ticket because it demands me an account associated to a client.

I'm still trying to contact SAP to see if somehow I can get help to completelly delete the process and start again.

Thank you again!

gautham_krishna
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi Daniel,

Can you please share the subdomain in which you are trying to subscribe to process integration & facing issues?

Also, as a workaround, you can create a new subaccount and try the subscription process again. It should ideally work.

prothoma_sinha
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Gautham,

My subdomain id is : i521931trial. I observed that the issue existed on Oct 31 for the entire day where I was not able to deploy any of my working flows in CF. But when I tried again on Nov 3, I was able to deploy a flow. So teh behaviour was a bit random.

Kind regards,

Prothoma
szymon_bolek
Participant
0 Kudos

Update:

After trying and trying to deploy, it finally did work and i have tested the flow successfully. It seems, it gets some timeout when deploying. If you look at the logs while deploying, it says it might take up to 30 minutes to complete. Maybe trial accounts queues have less priority 😉

Anyways, thanks again!

+++

Hi,

First of all, thanks for this trial tenant. After provisioning I am facing the same problem with generation:

[CONTENT][CONTENT_DEPLOY][GenerationFailed] : Did not receive response from Generation and build service

I am following this tutorial:

https://developers.sap.com/mission.cp-starter-integration-cpi.html

I am also having a warning at design time saying:

“Http Sender Component may not pass Json message to JSON To XML Converter. JSON To XML Converter supports Json input only.”

gautham_krishna
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi Simon,

Thank you for the feedback. Can you please share your global account and subdomain ID please for further investigation?

For the warning in iflow, you dont have to worry since postman is sending a JSON payload only 🙂

Best Regards, Gautham
gautham_krishna
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Due to the overwhelming response to the trial, thanks to all of you, it might happen that the provisioning request or integration flow deployment will fail. I request you to please try again after a while. In most cases, it will work.

In parallel, we will work to ensure that this process is as seamless as possible without any update. I will keep you posted on the progress.

Thank you for your understanding & patience ?

Best Regards, Gautham

AminAlmarsafy
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Gautham,

I am also getting the same error

I followed the tutorial until I tried to deploy and it failed, I then tried again and it actually deployed.

After that I wanted to add a step and redeploy and it started failing again.

then I removed my changes and it is still not deploying.

Regards,

Amin
gautham_krishna
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hello Amin,

Thanks for the feedback. As mentioned in my general comment below, we are working on improving this experience. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards, Gautham
TroyPemberton
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Gautham, I am also finding the same problem and I have tried several times to deploy over a couple of days.

Please keep us posted on the progress.

Regards,

Troy

0 Kudos
Hi gautham.krishna

I am getting the same error after deploying the IFLOW: [CONTENT][CONTENT_DEPLOY][GenerationFailed] : Did not receive response from Generation and build service

Please help to get it resolved.

My account details are given below:

• Global Account: P720952trial

• Subaccount: trial

• Subdomain: P720952trial

• Organization: P720952trial_trial

Thanks for your quick help!!

Best regards,

Guru Dutt

Hi Gautham,

Thanks for your timely reply!!

This issue got resolved automatically.

Best regards,

Guru Dutt

TroyPemberton
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Gautam,

I think I found the problem. The connection source in the Model operation for Odata connection was set to "Local EDMX file" rather than "Remote." It seems to reset the value if you press select a second time prior to saving. After correcting the connection source and saving I am prompted to  create a new schema version, which I did! I then could deploy the integration flow successfully.

Regards,

Troy
TroyPemberton
Explorer
Hi Guru,

I had a similar problem recently. The connection source in the Model operation for Odata connection was set to “Local EDMX file” rather than “Remote.” It seems to reset the value if you press select a second time prior to saving the integration flow. After correcting the connection source and saving I am prompted to  create a new schema version, which I did! I then could deploy the integration flow successfully.

I hope that helps you!

Regards,

Troy
AminAlmarsafy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Troy,

thanks, that fixes it.

Regards,

Amin
0 Kudos
Hi Troy,

Thanks for your timely reply, the issue is resolved now.

Best regards,

Guru Dutt
vidyadhar2k2
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Gautham,

Thanks for your reply and time.

As Run Once option was not working earlier, I completed with work around by selecting "Schedule on Day" and it worked with no errors.

it seems now SAP fixed this error, "run once option in the timer", I just tried without touching my iflow and it was deployed successfully.

Thanks,

Vidyadhar K
DoanManhQuynh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi tpembe

May I ask how exactly you did to solved this issue? I tried to change the connection source to Remote too but as soon as click Finish/create new version, its reverted back to Local EDMX file.
TroyPemberton
Explorer

Hi quynh.doanmanh

Please assume when you have changed it to “local EDMX file” it is changed and no further changes are necessary. Only when you return to edit a second time will it be defaulted back to the original setting.

Regards,

Troy

gautham_krishna
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi Vidyadhar,

Thanks for the confirmation & happy to know that it is working now 🙂 Please let me know if you have further queries.

DoanManhQuynh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Thanks tpembe

it fixed.
gautham_krishna
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi Troy,

Thank you for this information.

Best Regards, Gautham
MichaelWegelin
Explorer
0 Kudos
Same error for me after trying to deploy for 10 times.

Global Account: P1040721trial - Subaccount:trial

The workaround by Troy Premberton did not work for me 😞

Best regards,

Michael

gautham_krishna
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi Michael,

Can you kindly send your global account ID, subdomain name, and the error message to cpitrialfeedback@sap.com? our team will investigate and get back to you on this.

Best Regards, Gautham
gautham_krishna
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi Michael,

Can you please try now and let me know if you face the same issue?

former_member641758
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi gautham.krishna

I am getting the same error after deploying the IFLOW so many times from the past week:

Could you please help me on this.

please find my account details.

• Global Account: P2001858343trial

Thanks & Regards,

Dinesh
gautham_krishna
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Dear Dinesh,

Thanks for getting in touch. Our team is checking this and we will get back to you with an update.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Gautham
Emileh
Explorer
0 Kudos
High, I'm Activating CPI tenant but it hangs at 73 %:

Tenant provisioning is in progress and it can take 20 minutes. Please wait for the provisioning to complete before creating service broker instances

20 minutes have been passed already (more than 1 hour). Do I need more patience or is there something wrong?

0 Kudos
Hi Gautham Krishna,

I am facing error:- "Error 1:
[CONTENT][CONTENT_DEPLOY][GenerationFailed] : Error generating Integration Flow" while deploying integration content.

Regards,

Rajesh Ginka
gautham_krishna
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Dear Emile,

As I understand from your email, this issue is resolved for you now & you have provisioned your tenant successfully.
Please let me know if you face any further issues.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Gautham
gautham_krishna
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi Rajesh,

Can you kindly send your global account ID and subaccount ID to cpitrialfeedback@sap.com? I will request our team to check this & get back to you.

KyleMack
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am attempting to provision the Process Integration Application, however when I hit the “Provision” button I get the following error:

‘Tenant provisioning has failed. Create service broker instances only after successful provisioning. Please try after some time.”
I have waited 4 hours, created a new subaccount, confirmed that I have the correct entitlements, subscriptions, and have followed the guide correctly. Can you please inform me as to what I can do to resolve this issue?
Global Account ID: { 8b584c97-ae6f-4705-a0af-2b8a5891e9f6 }
SubAccount ID: { 828584c6-7245-4372-9884-df48e873af5e }
Thank you,
Kyle
gautham_krishna
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hello Kyle,

I assume that the issue is fixed now based on your response in GitHub 

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Regards, Gautham
avinash_ayanala
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Gautham,

I am trying to deploy a simple Flow which trigger message in content
modifier using timer event and i am trying to capture it in data
stores but when tried to deploy it i am getting deployment error please
find the attached screenshot .

indiri2020
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi gautham.krishna

I am also facing below error after deploying the IFLOW detailed in tutorial using CPI trial:

[CONTENT][CONTENT_DEPLOY][GenerationFailed] : Direct buffer memory

• Global Account: S0020695826trial

• Subaccount: mock4

Thanks in advance for your support!

Best regards,

Ingrid

0 Kudos
Hey gautham.krishna, How are u, buddy?
I'm Raul Mendonça.

I have the same problem:

Global Account: P2001792868trial Subaccounts - trial.

Thank you so much!!!
See u.

former_member186748
Participant
0 Kudos
Gautham Krishna,

I am also facing the same issue,

[CONTENT][CONTENT_DEPLOY][GenerationFailed] : Direct buffer memory

Global AccountID : 0664dd60-7ee3-4b49-a24c-6d260c814d45

SubAccountID : da692277-3f8f-40fa-bf74-d22287005750

Thanks
indiri2020
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi gautham.krishna,

Hope you're fine, just to report that issue related to Direct buffer memory is gone (after multiple trials for deploying), now Endpoint has been generated however the status seems to be stuck on "The integration Flow is starting". Kindly see screenshot below.

On https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2524719 it's mentioned on question 32 this topic as common issue, however the URL referred (SAP KBA 2648752) is not OK, please could you provide any support on this?

Q: My iFlow is stuck in "Starting" status, how to solve it?

A: You can find all guidance over this issue in the SAP KBA 2648752 - Unable to Deploy Integration Flow.

Thanks in advance,

Ingrid
gautham_krishna
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Dear All,

For those of you who have been facing issues with iflow deployment, can you please check again and let me know if the issue is resolved?

For the others facing tenant provisioning issues, our team is looking into it with high priority and will get back to you with an update.

If you want to share details with us to help us in speedy processing, kindly send a mail to cpitrialfeedback@sap.com with your Global Account, Subaccount details, the error message, and a brief description of the error. These details help us in expediting the resolution process.

Thanks again for all the feedback and we are trying our best to provide a seamless user experience. Your feedback is very important to us, so please keep it coming.

You can also follow me on Twitter @talktogautham for regular updates on CPI trial.

clintontx21
0 Kudos
I sent in an email. I am receiving this issue as well. I've created the iFlow twice with the same results: "The Integration Flow is starting."
khusal810
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Gautham,
Please find my details below:

Global Account Number:  P2001816135trial

SubAccount:  Machine Learning BETA

Provider: AWS

Region: Europe

Environment: Cloud Foundry

I have been trying to deploy my first IFLOW

image.png

when I check the monitoring tab I cannot see the iflow

image.png

Please help...

0 Kudos
Hi Gautham,

Facing the same issue.

iFlow is not getting deployed.

Global Account : P1942813859trial

Sub Account : TrialCPI

SubDomain : TrialCPISD

Thanks,

Jigar

rimocal
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Can you please tell me where should i find - Model operation for Odata connection was set to “Local EDMX file”.
0 Kudos
Hi Gautham,

I am getting the same error after deploying the IFLOW: [CONTENT][CONTENT_DEPLOY][GenerationFailed] : Did not receive response from Generation and build service

• Global Account: d08e5da9trial

• Subdomain: d08e5da9trial-ga

Thanks for your quick help!!

Best regards,

Roshan Kumar
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting the same error after deploying:

CONTENT][CONTENT_DEPLOY][GenerationFailed] : Did not receive response from Generation and build service for deploy

Global Account: da89f076trial
Subaccount: trial
Subdomain: da89f076trial-ga

Thanks,

Tompson

gautham_krishna
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi All,

If you are facing iflow deployment issues and if your subaccount is in the Europe (Frankfurt) region, please create a new subaccount in the US East (VA), provision a tenant and try your integration flows in this new subaccount.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for the cooperation.

Best Regards, Gautham