Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gopi_Singamsett
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Introduction

Connections to on-premises sources used for data flows and other connection features require Cloud Connector to act as link between SAP Datasphere and the source. Before creating the connection, the Cloud Connector requires an appropriate setup.

Note: If your BTP Subaccount (Where Datasphere installed) already mapped with cloud connectors also again you must need to do some special configurations for this datasphere (Since Datasphere will have it's own subaccountID).

Following are the steps required to followed

1. Collect the required details

2. Create/Configure SAP Datasphere subaccount in SAP Cloud Connectors

3. Add SAP Cloud Connector Location ID's in SAP Datasphere

4. Create Connection by using SAP Cloud Connectors Location ID

5. Conclusion

1. Collect the required details

To setup SAP Cloud connectors in Datasphere you must require below details: 

a.SubaccountID

b.Region Host

c.Subaccount User & Password

Follow below Procedure to collect above details 

To see this details user should be part of any one of this roles DW Administrator,System Owner.

• Go to Expand Navigation bar ==>System==>Administration

• Select Data Source configuration tab and Under SAP BTP Core Account section you will here Subaccount ID ,Region Host  & Subaccount User information.

All this details was created while deploy/configure the SAP Datasphere

2.Create/Configure SAP Datasphere subaccount in SAP Cloud Connectors

Please make sure you must have SAP Cloud Connectors admin Privileges to perform this configuration

Follow below procedure to configure SAP Datasphere subaccount in SAP Cloud Connectors.

• Open Cloud Connector Administration Window Go to Connectors Click on Add Subaccount.

• Select a Region, Subaccount <add here Datasphere SubaccountID> , Display Name <Can be anything you can define your own names also>, Subaccount User & Password , Location ID

• Click Save, once mapping is completed you could see the details like below

3.Add SAP Cloud Connector Location ID's in SAP Datasphere

To use SAP Cloud Connector location ID’s into your connectivity management you must add SAP Cloud Connectors location ID’s into your Datasphere.

Follow below procedure to add SAP Cloud Connector Location ID's in SAP Datasphere:

• Go to SAP Datasphere Expand Navigation bar ==>System==>Administration

• Select Data Source configuration tab and under On-Prime Data Sources section click on (+) Add a new location & add your SAP Cloud Connector Location Id and then click create . Like this you can add multiple SAP Cloud connectors location Id's.

4.Create Connection by using SAP Cloud Connectors Location ID

you can choose/use this SAP Cloud Connector Location Id's only for on -prime Systems connectivity. 

Follow below procedure how to use/select this SAP Cloud Connectors Location ID in connections.

Once you have Choose the connection category as a On-Prime you will see Cloud Connector section on connection configurations details and then select true as a Use Cloud Connector and select/choose your SAP Cloud Connector Location Id.

*** Content provided based on real time project experience ***

5.Conclusion

This blog post is intended to provide a quick information to set up SAP Cloud Connectors  & Connect On-Prime systems within the SAP Datasphere. The above procedure serves only as a recommendation and orientation. 

Thanks for reading! I hope you find this post helpful. For any questions or feedback just leave a comment below this post.

19 Comments
former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Excellent Gopi, good technical explanation , could you help to get to know about how 'SAP Datasphere'  architecture  help to simplify data landscape than usual?
Thanks gopi_singam for the blog, I was in search of such from some time.
Gopi_Singamsett
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Gopi_Singamsett
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
your welcome 🙂
sreehari_pitani
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thank you so much gopi_singam for the informative blog. It will be very useful for beginners. 🙂
MKreitlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hello Gopi,

thanks a lot, very helpful... maybe you should also mention that there is an allowlist configuration for the CC and that it could be required to enter the public IP address here: https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_DATASPHERE/9f804b8efa8043539289f42f372c4862/a3c214514ef94e899459f68f4c...

BR, Martin
Gopi_Singamsett
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
your welcome 🙂
shaunrisley
Newcomer
0 Kudos
Hello Gopi

Very informative, thx for the blog.  My cust cannot see the info needed to set up the cloud connector :

a.SubaccountID

b.Region Host

c.Subaccount User & Password

Any info on how to obtain this info if missing...?

Thanks

Shaun
Gopi_Singamsett
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Shaun,

To see this details your user should be part of any one of this role : DW Administrator or System Owner .

After having this roles also you can't see then you should be check with BTP Subaccount Owners who installed this Instance and ask them to share SAP Cloud Platform ID (This ID again Email Address)

Thanks,

Gopi

mikeneko1977
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hello Gopi,

Is there any impact if the Subaccount ID obtained from the subaccounts query in SAP BTP Cockpit is different from the Subaccount displayed in SAP Datasphere's Account Information?

Subaccount in BTP

Subaccount in Datasphere

Thanks,

Mike
Gopi_Singamsett
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi Shao-Chun,

This will not get impact anything. Since Datasphere will have it's own subaccountID.

Even If your BTP Subaccount (Where Datasphere installed) already mapped with cloud connectors also again you must need to configure on Cloud connectors for this datasphere (Since Datasphere will have it's own subaccountID).

Thanks,

Gopi
Gopi_Singamsett
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Martin,

Yes your right we have such option to add the CC IP's, But i guess it is not mandatory.

Thanks,

Gopi
mikeneko1977
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Gopi,

This time I have a good understanding of the specific configurations required for this datasphere.

Thanks,

Mike

ravindrapawar
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Gopi,

I have added both the subaccounts into SCC. The subaccount displayed in Datasphere as SAP BTP Core Account under Data Source Configuration and the subaccount where is SAP Datasphere service instance is created/installed.

I have created the connection is SAP Datasphere using the SAP CC location ID. When I validate the connection there is an error:

Data Flows: Cause: Remote source is down! Code:1
Replication Flows: Cause: Remote source is down! Code:1

I am able to connect to the same on-premise system from other SAP BTP subaccount configured in the same SAP CC instance.

Any idea?

Which subaccount we should refer to(subaccount displayed in Datasphere as SAP BTP Core Account or the subaccount where is SAP Datasphere service instance is present)?

Thanks,

Ravindra

Gopi_Singamsett
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Ravindra,

Did you have also added SAP Cloud Connectors location ID's into Data Sphere under  Administration==>Data Source configuration tab ==> On-Prime Data Sources ?

You Should refer always for Datasphere related subaccount displayed in Datasphere as SAP BTP Core Account only.

Thanks,

Gopi
ravindrapawar
Participant
0 Kudos
Hello Gopi,

Thanks for the answer. With that I am able to connect to on-premise system.

Thanks,

Ravindra

ravindrapawar
Participant
0 Kudos
Hello Gopi,

Is it passible to add a REST API as a source / connection in SAP Datasphere(with or without Cloud connector)?

Thanks,

Ravindra
Gopi_Singamsett
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hello Ravindra,

As for as i know  REST API connections will not suppporting this DataSphere . And for all supported type connections you may can refer this help page: https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_DATASPHERE/be5967d099974c69b77f4549425ca4c0/c2165842082c43fc85bad9f0c9...

Thanks,

Gopi
ravindrapawar
Participant
0 Kudos
Thank for the answer Gopi.