Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
silvia_gaber
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Technical content owner: Joshua Lieghio

Do you want to know how to develop an SAP RAP CDS view based OData service and consume this information in a Fiori element based SAP Fiori App?

Whether you want to start from scratch or leverage pre-existing business logic, the ABAP RESTful Application Programming (RAP) approach offers a new programming approach for ABAP development.

This Expert-guided Implementation was created to give you an overview on how to develop and deploy OData services using SAPs recommended best practices and then consume these created OData services with SAP Fiori and SAPUI5 custom applications.

What is an Expert-guided Implementation (EGI)?

An EGI is a remote training session delivered virtually over a number of days provided by the SAP Enterprise Support Academy.

When should I attend this session?

Customers usually attend this EGI during either the Realize, Deploy, or Run phase of their SAP S/4HANA project.

This EGI session is designed for customers who are looking to develop OData services and consume these services using SAP Fiori and SAPUI5.

Before you can access the registration links, a one-time registration in SAP Learning Hub, edition for SAP Enterprise Support, is required.

A detailed step-by step guide to registration can be found here.

What topics will be covered?

A summary of the contents is listed below. For the full schedule see the abstract listed

Day 1 Major Topics

• Introduction to OData

• Introduction to the Restful Application Programming (RAP) Model using CDS views and ABAP Development

Day 2 Major Topics

• Introduction to Fiori and Fiori Elements

• Further insight into OData and OData querying

• Developing a List Report and Object page using Fiori Floorplans

Day 3 Major Topics

• Overview of the Business Technology Platform and SAP Business Application Studio

• Using the Business Application Studio to develop a frontend application on top of OData services in the Cloud and OnPremise

• Connection your OnPremise system to the Cloud Foundry in SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP Cloud Connector)

Day 4 Major Topics

• Overview of deployment of Fiori/SAPUI5 applications

• Deploying your application to SAP BTP, SAP OnPremise

• Integration with SAP Build Work Zone

What are the key benefits of attending this EGI? 

At the end of this Expert Guided Implementation you will have the knowledge to develop UI5 applications and OData services using the ABAP Environment ADT and SAP Business Application Studio.

Please note that a valid S-User ID and a one-time registration is required to attend this course. Click here for the entitlement and read through the sign-up process.

-> Register Now

Further information on Expert-guided Implementations to support your SAP S/4HANA journey.

For a list of SAP S/4HANA related Expert-guided Implementations see blog: Expert-Guided Implementation (EGI) – The practical training option

For SAP S/4HANA related Expert-guided Implementations and other topics view the full portfolio here >  Complete Portfolio

You’ll find much more in the relevant value maps, see blog: SAP S/4HANA: Let’s Get Moving with SAP Enterprise Support Value Maps

Before you can access the Value Maps or the EGI registration links, a one-time registration in SAP Learning Hub, edition for SAP Enterprise Support, is required. A detailed step-by step guide to registration can be found here.

If you have any further questions or comments on the contents of this EGI, please feel free to post  them in the section below and I hope to see you soon in one of our SAP Fiori App Development with RAP and SAP BTP Tools EGIs!
8 Comments
jhodel18
Active Contributor
Hi Silvia, I'm interested in this, however, when I clicked on the "Register Now" hyperlink, I got the message "There are no search results with your keyword or search criteria. Please remove your criteria and try a new search." -- the keyword used in the search bar is "SUP_EDE_0470_1312". Please help!

Thanks and regards,

Jhodel
silvia_gaber
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi Jhodel,

it seems that the system did not recognize your authorization.

Please make sure to do a one-time registration with your S-user ID for SAP Learning Hub, edition for SAP Enterprise Support. A detailed step-by step guide to registration can be found here. After that registration you should be able to see the specific course in Learning Hub.

Best regards, Silvia
jhodel18
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Silvia, Thanks for the quick response!

I tried your suggestion, registered, and logged in, but still I got the same results. I checked with a few of my colleagues and they also had the same issue. Is there anything else we could do?

Thanks and regards,

Jhodel
silvia_gaber
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Would you mind sending a short email with your S-User to this email address: SAP_ES_Academy@sap.com

We can then check your eligibility and investigate further on the issue.

Many thanks for your patience.

Best regards, Silvia
maulikparekh
Participant
0 Kudos
Gm @silvia.gaber
Is it a free course or paid one. Thank you.
AbhishekSharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Is this still on or how can I access the contents please guide... I am seeing below screen after login. I understand it's been 1 month now but if I can access content that will help...

Thanks-

Abhishek
silvia_gaber
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi Maulik,

the course is included in all SAP Enterprise Support and all cloud contracts. Please click here for details on the entitlement.

In case you are entitled, all you need is a valid S-User ID and a one time registration. SAP Learning Hub

Kind regards, SIlvia
silvia_gaber
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Abhishek,

yes, this is still valid.

it seems that the system did not recognize your authorization.

Please make sure to do a one-time registration with your S-user ID for SAP Learning Hub, edition for SAP Enterprise Support. A detailed step-by step guide to registration can be found here. After the registration you should be able to see the specific course in SAP Learning Hub.

Best regards, Silvia