Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AshishAnand
Employee
Employee
An analytical List report or ALP is another Fiori Elements floorplan which displays your data in both analytical and list forms allowing the user to analyse the data from different dimensions and at various layers.

In this blog series, I’ll try to discuss Analytical List Page or ALP in detail. As ALP works with OData based on metadata and metadata annotations, In this blog series apart from ALP configurations, we will discuss different annotation supported by ALP in details.

What are we building

We will create an ALP application using SAP Web IDE. I'll be using publicly available OData service from SAP and will add annotations using web IDE annotation modeller.

Prerequisite

1. You should have a count in SCP to access Web IDE

2. Register here to access the backend OData Service.

3. Add the above-registered system as a destination in your SCP account. You can use below destination configuration for your reference
    #
    #Fri Aug 09 05:54:52 UTC 2019
    Description=SAP Gateway Demo System
    Type=HTTP
    TrustAll=true
    Authentication=NoAuthentication
    WebIDEUsage=odata_abap,bsp_execute_abap,odata_gen,odata_abap,ui5_execute_abap,dev_abap
    Name=ES5
    WebIDEEnabled=true
    URL=https\://sapes5.sapdevcenter.com
    ProxyType=Internet
    sap-client=002
    WebIDESystem=ES5

4. For reference, you can clone the GIT repo for this sample application which we are building.

ALP Application structure

As any other Fiori elements application, an ALP application is also contained inside a shell bar. Majorly an ALP application can be broadly divided into 3 components:

1. Title area:The title area of an ALP application may contain variant management, Global KPIs, Visual/compact filter switch button and share menu.

2. Filter areaThe Filter area of an ALP application contains filters bar. ALP in addition to a smart filter bar (known as the compact filter in ALP) also provides an option to represent the filters as charts, known as the visual filter. The filter area also contains the adapt filter and go button.

3. Content areaThe content area of an ALP application may also contain filterable KPIs. The content area of ALP application may contain a chart subsection and a table subsection or both. The content area also has action buttons along with other toolbar buttons at chart and table toolbar.

Next Blogs

In the forthcoming blogs of this blog series, I'll discuss how to create an ALP application using SAP web IDE, discuss different manifest settings of an ALP application, how to annotate your service using annotation modeller,  discuss the different configuration of global and local filters, visual and compact filters, chart and table area and navigations and action button configuration. I'll also discuss different developer extension possible within an ALP application. so stay connected:

Creating a bare-bone Analytical List Page (ALP) application

Configuring filters area of an Analytical List Page (ALP) application

Configuring chart content area of an Analytical List Page (ALP) application

Configuring table area of an Analytical List Page (ALP) application

Configuring KPI tags of an Analytical List Page (ALP) application

Analytical List Page (ALP) developer extension

Customising an Analytical List Page (ALP) application with Visual Editor

SAP Fiori elements Analytical List Page (ALP) : Performance optimisation

I’ll keep updating and adding new features and developments as and when they come in future. Happy reading !! ?

Feedbacks, questions and comments are most welcome!!
10 Comments
nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Super series, clean and to the point. The another good thing you have done is providing the github repo also.thanks.
AshishAnand
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos
Thanks a lot nabheet.madan3 for the feedback. Glad to hear you liked this. You might also like another blog series on Overview Page

hope it helps 🙂

thanks and Regards

ashish
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Please help me to solve below error.

when i click go button in analytical list page ,two batch request are sent , of which one request gets canceled automatically(except for the first time). That’s why only my charts gets refreshed and table is not .My odata service is  implemented in netweaver gateway and is working fine and tested.

This issue only persist when we delpoy the app  in cloud .while running directly from webide its working fine both charts and table data gets refreshed successfully..

as per below blog ,its an UI5 frame work issue .

https://blogs.sap.com/2017/05/25/why-sometimes-my-odata-request-is-cancelled-automatically/#id1

Is there any other way to resolve this??.

Regards

Godson

termanico
Participant
Excellent Blog Ashish! 🙂

Excactly, what I was looking for!

thx

Thorsten
AshishAnand
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos
Hello termanico ,

I'm Glad you found it helpful. Thanks a lot the feedback 🙂

Thanks and Regards

Ashish
former_member333755
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hello Godson,

Did you find a solution to your problem?

I am also facing the same problem. I found the solution to make the entity as "aggregate". However this leads to another problem. When I navigate to the object page and come back to the screen some of the datafields are cleared. Please let me know if you get any solution.

aferreirinha
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi,

How do I hide the chart in the Content Area to just show the Table?

Thank you and Regards
donatoferraro
Explorer
Hello Andre,

if you want to hide the chart in the Content Area by default, you can just set this property

"defaultContentView": "table" in manifest.json

I’d recommend taking a look at our documentation.

https://sapui5.hana.ondemand.com/1.65.0/#/topic/2a9df06673d34f72b238549d49da8bfb

Regards

Donato
aferreirinha
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Donato,

Thank you for the fix and the documentation!

I only have a table now but would like to remove these icons from the table toolbar.

Maybe I missed it but I could not find anything in the documentation.

Thank you,

André
WilliamDyson
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hello,

I recently discovered this blog and try to reproduce the results by cloning the repository.  I am not able to launch the application and I suspect that it may be due to the SAPUI5 version.  Can you confirm the SAPUI5 version that should be specified in the project settings?