Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jgood1
Active Participant
By now, face masks in grocery stores are familiar signs of commitments to long-term health and safety. When it comes to the long-term fitness of SAP Solution Manager 7.2, SAP ensures mainstream maintenance until the end of 2027. Let’s see some examples of how the newly-available Support Pack Stack (SPS) 11 reinforces this commitment with more innovations for optimal performance.

Even if there are still more developers stuck at home than working from high-tech office buildings, SAP happily continues to roll out innovations for SAP Solution Manager 7.2.

To give you an idea of what’s new, I’ve shared some improvements coming from different home offices and reflecting different categories of the SPS 11 release:

With IT Calendar, you can switch the view from Technical System to Hosts. This gives you the flexibility to schedule and review work modes on the host level.

For Project Management, SAPUI5 Gantt chart replaces the Jnet-based Gantt chart, which means you don’t need a frontend component (Java) and you’re free to use the chart with multiple Internet browsers: Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or Apple Safari (for MacOS).

You can add an easily-recognizable tag to your related jobs, thanks to the tag field created in the Job Documentation Mass Maintenance tool. Modify tags, download job documentation in Microsoft Excel, and conduct other organizational functions as needed.

And then there's this. Tim Steuer, Vice President Application Lifecycle Management reminds us that it's important to take some "me" time at the home office. See Tim's home office evolution.

A new Test Suite warning message reminds testers to document errors via defect messages. The warning appears when the status within Manual Test Execution turns red or when the status is updated from the worklist.

For Unified Analytics, SPS 11 presents bug fixes and enhancements to usability and performance, such as enhanced status display during pattern recognition analysis.

SPS 11 also includes improvement ideas proposed by customers via SAP Customer Connection. Thanks to this customer improvement idea for Process Management, you can replace one logical component group with another in the business process hierarchy. You gain the flexibility to change the Logical Component Group of process steps and assignments without having to delete and recreate the individual elements.

Finally, to show my commitment to sharing the best resources about SPS 11, I invite you to register for a May 27 SPS 11 webinar and hear more new features from the subject matter experts. A valid S-user is required to sign up for one of the two available sessions. Also, read more about the maintenance commitment for SAP Solution Manager 7.2, or browse the complete list of What’s New in SPS 11 in SAP Help Portal.

10 Comments
former_member679072
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Thank you Johan !

There is another innovation, Solution Manager 7.2 SPS11 can work with SAP_UI 754. So it is compatible with the new version of SAPUI5 (especially long term maintenance)

But it is still in SAP_BASIS 740 for the ABAP Stack.

Is there any plan to upgrade to a new version in the next release (like Focused Run) ?

With Solution Documentation and all the Workcenter applications, we have a lot of roles and we are limited in term of assignment in SAP Basis 740.

timsteuer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Nadia,

thanks for your feedback. We are planning to stay in SAP_BASIS 740 for the ABAP Stack. Moving to SAP_BASIS 750 is quite a big disruption to SAP Solution Manager and would cause significant investments by customers without delivering significant additional value.

Tim
SriKrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos
hi Tim,

when will ST-OST SAPK-20006INSTOST be released to install along with SPS 11. i don't find it yet in service. marketplace.

aleksandr_shchur
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Johan,

Unfortunately I didn’t find any webinar SUP_EBW_0290_2004. Can you check link?

BR,

Oleksandr.

jgood1
Active Participant
0 Kudos
A good resource to check is the Support Package Stack schedule. For example, the last entries on page 1 have information about SAP Solution Manager 7.2, Focused Build for SAP Solution Manager, and Focused Insights for SAP Solution Manager.
jgood1
Active Participant
0 Kudos
This should be the working link to the meet-the-expert webinars for SAP Solution Manager 7.2 SPS11 Overview.

If you’re having trouble locating the course, then there is also the link for the SAP Learning Hub Help Center.

DinoPhilips
Participant
0 Kudos
ST-OST SAPK-20006INSTOST will probably be available mid August 2020.

Also make sure to check SAP note: 2541761
former_member713520
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Dear Johan,

I would like to know about availability using SAP Solution Manager Test Suite for SAP Success Factors Testing (cloud solution). Is it work at current version this integration?

Anastasiya
XavierP
Advisor
Advisor
Hi Anastasiya,

SAP Success Factors can be tested with SAP Solution Manager Test Suite in 2 ways:

• manual testing

• automated testing using integrated test automation tools like SAP TTA / SAP ECT or from our partners (Tricentis Tosca, Worksoft Certify, UIPath).

YTHO
Contributor
We are using standard SolMan CBTA... works fine.