Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajmaradiaga
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
In this blog post I share a short video I created to demonstrate how you can enable eventing between SAP S/4HANA Cloud and your SAP BTP account. We will configure and trigger events from SAP S/4HANA which will then be received by SAP Event Mesh.

In the past, other community members have shared how to enable eventing with SAP S/4HANA Cloud to communicate with other SAP cloud applications. For example, Business Events with SAP Build Process Automation by darshikajain and Enable events from S/4HANA cloud to Event Mesh by dharamverma. That said, there's lots of steps involved, lots of documentation to be familiar with and sometimes it might be best to process all that information in video format 📺.

Therefore, I created a short SAP Tech Bytes to show step by step how to enable eventing bettween SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP BTP. For this, we leverage SAP Event Mesh and we will configure a couple of outbound topics in SAP S/4HANA Cloud and see the messages flowing to SAP Event Mesh.

Steps shown in the video:

UPDATE: An additional SAP Tech Bytes is now available... where we will forward these messages to an SAP cloud application (SAP Build Process Automation) by leveraging the webhook mechanism available in SAP Event Mesh.

2 Comments
haykma
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Community,

and many thanks to you Antonio, for this great tutorial. It addresses exactly what i want to do.
But unfortunatly i get stucked when i tried to test this with our BTP and our S/4 Hana Public Cloud System (2308). I could follow all steps until the step "Enterprise Event Enablement".

Unfortunatly we dont find the tile in s/4 hana public cloud (2308). the user has role SAP_BR_ADMINISTRATOR" and SAP_ BR_BPC_EXPERT assigned, which should do. But both roles do not have Business-Catalog 'SAP_CORE_BC_XBE' assigned (which is mentioned for the app in the fiory-apps-library (https://fioriappslibrary.hana.ondemand.com/sap/fix/externalViewer/#/detail/Apps('F4311')/S31). And i'm not able to add it manually to the role, because it is not found. We installed S4 with SAP CBC, so we need to do configuration-settings in CBC. Do we miss something?
kind regards Matthias
ajmaradiaga
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos
mhay did you manage to fix this issue?