Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keren_rotenberg
Advisor
Advisor
Updated Feb 28, 2021

On March 31, 2021, SAP Web IDE for SAP HANA development in the trial environment will be discontinued. This temporary solution is no longer required as SAP Business Application Studio supports the development scenarios you are familiar with from SAP Web IDE Full-Stack, including SAP HANA development. For more information on HANA development in Business Application Studio, see info blog II (HANA section) .

Before March 31, 2021, you must choose one of the following options:

1. Onboard to Business Application Studio trial or purchase a license, see SAP Store or the Discovery Center. Migrate your projects from SAP Web IDE to Business Application Studio, see info blog II.

2. Purchase a license to SAP Web IDE Full-Stack by March 31st , 2021. See SAP Store or the Discovery Center

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original blog post:

On November 13, 2020 the SAP Cloud Platform, Neo trial environment will be discontinued and as a result SAP Web IDE Full-Stack trial will also be discontinued.

If you have an existing Neo trial account, you can continue using it including SAP Web IDE Full-Stack until November 13, 2020. This can be done by opening the SAP Cloud Platform trial home page, scrolling down to the Environments section, and choosing "Access Neo Trial" Link.  Then, under Services choose SAP Web IDE Full-Stack.

Before November 13, you must choose one of the following options:

1. Start using the SAP Business Application Studio trial as it is the next generation of SAP Web IDE Full-Stack. It offers a modern desktop-like experience in the cloud including new tools, capabilities, and much more. To learn more, we have created a central blog with links to useful information, supported scenarios, migration guides and hands-on tutorials.

2. Purchase a license to SAP Web IDE Full-Stack, see the SAP Store or the Discovery Center.

3. For SAP HANA native development, the tools available in SAP Web IDE Full-Stack are not yet available in SAP Business Application Studio. To learn how to develop using SAP Business Application Studio, see this video. If you still want to use those tools, you can use SAP Web IDE for SAP HANA development which is available on the SAP Cloud Platform multi-cloud trial environment. This temporary solution will be available until SAP HANA development tools are supported in SAP Business Application Studio. To access this solution see tutorial , for usage see video.

For more information on the SAP Cloud Platform strategy, take a look at this blog , or the FAQ.

Note this blog is about discontinuing SAP Web IDE Full-Stack Trial. SAP Web IDE Full-Stack licensed customers can continue using SAP Web IDE Full-Stack, it is available and supported.
99 Comments
tswami67
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Keren, thanks. I thought S-user account is free for my company? Are you sure full stack is not free for NetWeaver 7.4. I will talk to my company soon. as left only 3 weeks to end. is it possible to extend for more days as i need to migrate all my projects.

Meantime please see below my deployment of 8 steps even little change in code

1. I am using my personal local WEBIDE for ui5 development in my local pc

2. then import to web ide full stack

3. Then Build Project via Menu - > Build - > Build Project then 'Dist' folder will be created

4. export into local pc

5. execute it using /UI5/UI5_REPOSITORY_LOAD

6. Import project from Abap depository

7. Replace all fully characters  from "" to "" from code $("span[id*='-imgDel-img']").attr("data-sap-ui-icon-content", "") which is not supported by IE

8. Deploy back to Fiori server

Kindly advice which is the correct way of deployment.

Best regards

Swami
GregMalewski
Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi, You can also use Visual Studio Code: https://answers.sap.com/answers/13174380/view.html br Greg
keren_rotenberg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi Swami,

If you are using the Personal Edition then the Nov 13 date is not relevant. This date is relevant for SAP Web IDE Full-Stack trial on SAP Cloud Platform Neo Trial environment.

Regarding moving from the Personal Edition to SAP Web IDE Full-Stack, you can import the project and after building it you can deploy to your ABAP repo if you have configured cloud connector and destination.

In general the recommendation is to use git for source control.

Thanks,

Keren
tswami67
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Keren, you are not getting my point 2 & 3. please look at my below steps again how I am deploying for every changes to abap depository.

1. I am using my personal local WEBIDE for ui5 development in my local pc

2. Then export and import into sap web ide full stack (13.11.2020 last day to access)

3. Then Build Project via Menu – > Build – > Build Project then ‘Dist’ folder will be created

4. Export into local pc

5. execute it using /UI5/UI5_REPOSITORY_LOAD (via tcode se38)

6. Import project from Abap depository

7. Replace all fully characters  from “” to “” from code $(“span[id*=’-imgDel-img’]”).attr(“data-sap-ui-icon-content”, “”) which is not supported by IE

8. Deploy back to Abap depository via local web ide.

FYI.. I am not using git and cloud connector right now as my company vpn is still not open yet. Hope now clear?

Best regards

Swami
keren_rotenberg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Regarding extending, i do not think this is possible but you can try to ask in this blog: https://blogs.sap.com/2020/08/07/sap-cloud-platform-trial-continuous-innovation-with-multi-cloud-foc...
keren_rotenberg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi,

You can deploy to your ABAP repo using the personal edition. Another option (recommended) is to use Git as source control and connect it to a pipeline (CI/CD) to deploy to your system.

thanks,

Keren
tswami67
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Keren, Any alternate way to build project to 'Dist' folder so that I can export and use se38 via program /UI5/UI5_REPOSITORY_LOAD to upload into abap depository? I have moved & stored my project in github. but I don't know how to build and deploy. pls advise. thanks.

Best regards

Swami
tswami67
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Keren, Good news!

I used SAP Web IDE for SAP HANA development which is available on the SAP Cloud Platform multi-cloud trial environment. So Imported my company ui5 project and able to (Build) Build completed successfully and 'Dist' folder is created wow!. now I can able to export and deploy to abap via se38. Is this web ide option is only for 30 days free. Should I need to extend and extend for every 30 days? pls advise. thanks.
imre_munkacsi
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Keren,

Up until now, my workflow was the following:

- Whenever a customer needed a new fiori elements solution, I added the system as a destination in the Neo environment
- I developed the CDS views in the backend and created the solution based on the Fiori Elements templates in the Web IDE
- Deployed it to the system, test it and transport it to production

It was free, (mostly) hassle-free and quick. I cannot really understand how could I achieve this from this point onwards.

Can you please elaborate on the expected way of working in terms of my described workflow?
marinapontius
Explorer
0 Kudos
You wrote: Purchase a license to SAP Web IDE Full-Stack, see the SAP Store or the Discovery Center.

But I'm not able to find this license there. Can you help, Keren?
Are you planning to provide a plan for independent developers needs or as a sandbox playground?
LudoNoens
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
I've noticed some developers use trial accounts for developing apps for their customers (who are larger SAP customers that do have a license). I guess these users are now waking up, with one week left to migrate out of the trial environment.

Obviously, you should not use the trial environment for productive use, even if you work with a customer who has a license...

For those who have developed hybrid mobile apps (using the Hybrid Application Toolkit extension), a migration to SAP Business Application Studio is not possible. If licensing the Neo environment is not an option for you, then you should migrate your hybrid mobile projects to a local environment before the deadline. Blog post: https://blogs.sap.com/2020/06/27/how-to-migrate-your-hybrid-mobile-hat-project-out-of-sap-web-ide-full-stack/
former_member596519
Participant

Hi folks,

not directly related to NEO, but the Cloud-Foundry Trial period was also mentioned as one pain-point.

So, I just wanted to add to this discussion, that the Cloud Foundry Trial Environment is now available for 365 days, instead of the earlier 3×30 days:

Brendan Farthing mentioned this today in another context, and then I saw it on this blog post:

https://blogs.sap.com/2020/11/07/exploring-sap-hana-cloud-trial-in-cloud-foundry/

best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos
hello,

is today the day?

not sure which WebIDE goes and which stays, but starting tomorrow it's going to be crystal clear, is it not?

thx,

gm
kamesh_g
Contributor
0 Kudos
I Still see WEDIDE service available on cloud foundry trial .
Former Member
0 Kudos
never understood the difference between the two, but there is no service but a subscription for WebIDE in my trial account having this link:

https://help.sap.com/viewer/product/SAP_Web_IDE/CF/en-US?task=discover_task

not sure how long before the subscription expires, though.
kamesh_g
Contributor
0 Kudos
yes you can still subscribe the webide and go to service .
0 Kudos
Hi,

With the Cloud Foundry Environment using a trial account,

Can I get access to the Integration Suite which contains the API Management as i wanted to integrate my on-prem SAP HANA Instance using SAP Cloud Connector?

Is that still available? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sagar
Former Member
0 Kudos
with WebIDE being in the state of flux, i think it's a maybe, but i would keep asking for it if i really needed the connector.
0 Kudos
The only way to integrate my on-prem SAP HANA Instance is via a SAP Cloud Connector. Using the cloud connector to expose an endpoint via API Management for having a 3rd party system connect & pull data using OData web-service.

I cant see it in my Cloud PLatform trial so still not sure.

Thanks,

Sagar
Former Member
0 Kudos
i don't really know what SAP plans are but i have found tutorials as quite helpful in the past.

maybe someone will pick it up and push it forward for us:

https://github.com/SAPDocuments/Tutorials/issues/6207

RazK
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi marina.pontjakova ,

I apologize for the late response.

Both links are active. In SAP Store you can purchase a license to SAP Web IDE.

With the discontinuation of Neo trial environment, SAP Web IDE Full-Stack trial was also discontinued. There is no plan to have a sandbox environment for SAP Web IDE.

Are you familiar with SAP Business Application Studio? In light of SAP Business Application Studio, can you share the need for SAP Web IDE?

Regards - Raz
RazK
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi imre.munkacsi ,

With SAP Business Application Studio it should not be much different. The main difference is that the deployment target is set close to the first time the app is deployed (see here).

For more information and details - refer to SAP Fiori tools documentation.

Regards - Raz
Hello. Is there still an option to connect SAP Cloud Connector to Neo trial for SAP WEB IDE? My account name/id (whatever you call this) was changed and now there is no XXXXtrial but i.e XXXX5700 and there is no way to connect to SCC on hanatrail region (there is always 500 error). For CF however it is working.

I lost of course all configurations and connections with SCC for Neo. Is it possible to restore those configs? Is is possible to work now on SAP WEB IDE with SCC?
keren_rotenberg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi Grzyb,

This is because the Neo Trial has been discontinued, so you can not connect to it.

Thanks,

Keren
0 Kudos
Hi Keren,

For the trial accounts that are using the SAP Business Application Studio what will be the solution for the extension projects that allow us to modify the standard SAP Fiori application. With the Adaptation Projects from SAP BAS I was unable to extend a standard app.

Can you, please, guide me how to proceed extend a standard application from an SAP Fiori Trial (ex: 1909 release) like the My Inbox app or any other app?

Thanks a lot for your support.

Kind Regards.
former_member732748
Discoverer
Hi,

I know that the NEO TRIAL has been discontinued I want to ask,

if I buy the license of SAP WEB IDE FULL STACK will I be able to acces this enviroment ?

Or how can a access the NEO enviroment even though it has been discontinued ?

Kind Regards.
0 Kudos
Hi keren.rotenberg

Thank you very much for clarifying that.
RazK
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi isaac.g.morales ,

If you buy a license for SAP Web IDE, you'll get a new account in a productive Neo environment, which will be accessible for you.

Regards - Raz
RazK
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi training37 ,

Please refer to the following blog.

Regards - Raz
former_member732748
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Raz,

My goal is to use the SAP WEB IDE FULL STACK to extend a fiori app, but since the username is not for example p2000000 instead is t520000000,  I can't connect it to my Cloud Connetor

I know that we are moving the CF enviroment and using BAS but whenever I try to use a adaptation project and select the fiori app i get that there's no manifest.json even though I can see it in the BSP app

Is there any workaround for this or will I have to buy a license for this ?

Kind Regards.
0 Kudos
Thanks Raz!!!
RazK
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi isaac.g.morales ,

Please clarify what you're trying to achieve, regardless of the tools to achieve it. Where does the app that you'd like to extend reside - BSP, SAP BTP CF? Where would you like to deploy the extended app to?

Regards - Raz
MassimoX
Participant
0 Kudos
SCP (neo) trial account don't have anymore  CC role, check on "Members" on your Subaccount there is only "Developer".
MassimoX
Participant
0 Kudos

I need to develop a SAP fiori app into SAP on-premise edition with CC.
I only need to buy SAP WEB IDE from SAP store?
I need to buy to other Services? or SAP SCP/BTP other licenses?
Cloud Connector need another licenses?

thanks.

former_member611679
Discoverer
Hello Keren,

I lost all my UI5 applications with SAP WEB IDE neo trial account.
Is there any way that I can recollect my apps for my reference.

Thank you.
RazK
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi shital1234 ,

Thanks for opening a new thread for your question.

The answer as was made available in the thread is: "Unfortunately the Web IDE trial landscape was deleted and the applications cannot be recovered".

Regards - Raz
MassimoX
Participant
0 Kudos
hi keren, about 2° option for only develop a SAP fiori app into SAP on-premise edition with CC,
I  need only SAP WEB IDE from SAP store? or i need to buy to other  other licenses?

thanks.
keren_rotenberg
Advisor
Advisor
Hi,

No need for additional license. You can use BAS or web ide.

Keren
MassimoX
Participant
0 Kudos
hi ,for freelance developer can be very helpful have a single user subscription like business studio.

0 Kudos
Hi ,

I have access to cloud platform through Company's id ,now how can I access sap web ide?
former_member596519
Participant
Hi Babita,

if you're company has an subscription for WEB IDE, it should show up in the list of Services. But your administrator should know which services the company subscribed and which not, and he/she/it is the one to add your User/assign one of the purchased licenses to your User.

I hope it helped.

BR,

Aleks
0 Kudos
Hi!

I already did the exporting the projects, but i wanna to export the service too.

Destination, specifilly.
former_member596519
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Marcio,

the destinations you should be able to export as zip-files from the NEO environement, but when uploading it into the CF environment, there are some additional parameters to maintain (time-out etc.)
boris_tsirulnik
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi,

You can access the destinations and export them from Neo Environment BTP Cockpit.

The cockpit link was under the tools menu in Web IDE. Since the access is blocked now, you can find it from the global account.

Go to the link https://account.eu1.hana.ondemand.com/cockpit#/globalaccount/a3e71be7-cc33-489d-bb2e-9ec850ec1b28/su...

Filter by Member role.

You should see the Neo sub account which is associated with your SAP Web IDE for HANA Development trial.

Then navigate to Connectivity -> Destinations.

Regards,

Boris

0 Kudos
Hi Keren Rotenberg!

I would like to know if it is possible to have a SAP WEB EDI FULL-STACK license for me to study at home. I saw that on the Discovery Center website you can buy:

https://discovery-center.cloud.sap/protected/index.html#/serviceCatalog/web-ide-full-stack?service_p...

If i can to buy a license, can i to use in SAP Web EDI Personal Edition ?

Best regards.

Marcio Paixao
RazK
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi marcio_paixao_abap84 ,

Are you familiar with SAP Business Application Studio (BAS)? As the evolution of SAP Web IDE, BAS is the environment I'd recommend you to use.

Can you share what are your goals:

• Pure study, test and evaluation (compared to productive use)

• Type of apps you plan to create: S/4HANA extensions, SAP Fiori, SAP HANA, ...)

• If you are familiar with BAS and insist on using SAP Web IDE - What are the reasons.

Regards - Raz
MassimoX
Participant
0 Kudos
SAP Web IDE Full-Stack is no more available on APP Store ,why?
RazK
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi massimo.olivieri ,

Please refer to its successor - SAP Business Application Studio.

Regards - Raz
MassimoX
Participant
0 Kudos
why?!? , Web IDE was more easy,simple and fast for develop fiori app for "Abap" developer.
Only after few year of release Web IDE another tolls more complex to learn , why ?!?
We need to work, not lose time.

we need a Web IDE stable, not a successor.