Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RinkyKarthik
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
I trust everyone is in good spirits and getting ready for the holidays and festive season. Having spent the last two decades in the United States, I've come to cherish the months of November and December. It all begins with Diwali festivities and culminates with Christmas, with a myriad of delightful experiences in between: food, family and friends, celebrations, and the scent of winter. Before I dive into my preparations for Diwali and the holiday season, I'd like to share my final blog post of the year with you.

I have tried something new and recorded this blog instead of writing. But before we jump into the recording, here's a link to my three blogs in the Future Ready Workforce series. I recommend giving them a look to familiarize yourself with the content before delving into the topic of integrating the SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite with the Talent Intelligence Hub.

Future Ready Workforce Blogs:

1.  Everything you need to know about SAP SuccessFactors Talent Intelligence Hub

2.  Talent Intelligence Hub & SAP SuccessFactors Learning Integration

3. SAP SuccessFactors Opportunity Marketplace & SAP Business AI-powered Recommendation

Talent Intelligence Hub Integration points with SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite (as of 2H 2023)

You can take advantage of these features if 2H 2023 release has been applied to your instance. Talent Intelligence Hub solution is like your central nervous system, and it leverages SAP Business AI which is the brain behind all existing and new innovations in the SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite. TIH together with SAP Business AI brain power, processes incoming data and makes informed decisions. Just as a nervous system in the human body coordinates and transmits information to various parts of the body, Talent Intelligence Hub serves as a central hub for gathering, processing, and disseminating talent-related data and insights within an organization.

Update (11/21/2023): Both MS Graph and CPM inference are in the Early Adopter (EA) program.

Refer to the Video to understand all the integration points between talent intelligence hub and SAP SuccessFactors Talent solutions.

For ease of access, I have divided the videos into two parts:

1. Evolution of Talent Intelligence Hub and Upgrade options

2. Talent Intelligence Hub and HXM Suite Integration (as of 2H 2023)

Video 1- Evolution of Talent Intelligence Hub and Upgrade options

Video 2 - Talent Intelligence Hub and HXM Suite Integration (as of 2H 2023)

Talent Intelligence Hub- Value Proposition

In essence, TIH is a transformative tool that empowers your organization to become more agile, data-driven, and aligned with the skills-based workforce. It streamlines talent management, supports employee growth, enhances hiring practices, and reduces administrative burdens. If your organization aims to stay competitive in a rapidly changing job market and achieve a holistic understanding of your workforce's capabilities, then upgrading to talent intelligence hub is a smart move.

Another notable 2H 2023 Release mention: Job Description Enhancement Using AI

Recruiters can now generate an enhanced job description using the generative AI capabilities.

By configuring the "Recruiting Fields for AI Enhanced Job Description Metadata Framework" object, specific job requisition fields can serve as a reference source for AI-driven job description enhancement. This framework comes equipped with a pre-defined set of standard fields that can be customized. Please refer to SAP Help guide to ensure you have completed all required configurations.

Upon enhancing the job description with AI, the existing description and the AI-generated one are presented side by side, facilitating an easy comparison. Recruiters have the option to either accept or reject the generated job description after a thorough review, and they can regenerate the job description if any updates are made to the information in the job requisition fields.

Ensure that Enable AI-Assisted HXM Content Generator option is enabled in Provisioning. This option is available only if you have purchased the SAP AI Units license. For more information about SAP AI Units license, please contact your Account Executive.

Note: When Job Profile Builder is enabled, the Enhance using AI option is available in the Job Profile tab under Job Requisitions, if JPB isn't enabled it appears on the Job Requisition Details page.

14 Comments
Participant
Hi Rinky

Appreciated,nice blog well explained Thanks for your efforts
a1b2bc3
Explorer

Hello Rinky!

This blog is exactly what I needed. Your visual illustrating the relationship between TIH and the other modules is extremely helpful, and the video is a sweet bonus. Thank you.

As I think about how an organization starts to build out the TIH ecosystem, I do have some questions. I hope you can help.

1. How exactly does one get access to the Skill Ontology library? Does SF allow a skills import from the Skills Ontology library? Do they auto-populate as choice in TIH?

2. Related to the above question, how are attributes assigned to Job Profiles? Is that a manual process, or does machine learning and Skill Ontology Library automatically generate those relationships?

3. Re Performance Mgmt:
- if TIH attributes are aligned to Job Profiles, then relevant skills will auto populate for the employee
- are Managers able to rate ee proficiency levels, or somehow provide feedback on the proficiency level? Or is the employee the only person who can set a proficieny level?

4. How does TIH influence Recruiting?
- are the attributes that are matched to Job Profiles feeding the Gen AI to write better job descriptions and interview questions?
- are the Job Profile attributes spotlighting internal candidates with high attribute proficiency levels to the hiring manager?
- are the Job Profile attributes highlighting the job to internal candidates with high attribute proficiency levels on OMP?

5. Re Opportunity Marketplace:
- Can each feature (mentor, Dynamic Teams, Assignments, etc) be activated as needed?

Thank you again in advance. This blog really helped me understand and define the intended experience for TIH.

--Robert 🙂

RinkyKarthik
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
a1b2bc3  Thank you!

#1 - Skill Ontology, when available will display as 'recommended skills' based on the ML algorithms to the admins (so that they can decide to add it to the Attributes Library). It will not be directly displayed in the Growth Portfolio as a recommendation. You can't import from Skill Ontology (Talent Intelligence Foundation) but you can import/export external data from third-party sources using the IC templates.

#2 - As per the current design/release assigning attributes to Job Profies is a manual process. It might evolve in the future.

#3- Managers can rate via Team Portfolio.

#4 - hang tight, lots of innovations coming in Recruiting wrt to TIH in the upcoming releases.

#5 - yes, you can decide to use what recommendations you want to activate and use in OMP.

Rinky

crisnoronha
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi

Could you help me answer some questions about the Talent Intelligence Hub?

1 - In the Growth Portfolio, will employees be able to add competency even if they are not mapped to their jobcode by role?

2 - Is the attribute library linked to the employee's jobcode or is it unrelated?

3 - When an employee adds an attribute, will this attribute be mapped to their role?

4 - Will the Skill Ontology be maintained automatically? Or by an administrator?

5 - If the administrator needs to create a behavior ou competency, should it be created just by importing it into the integration center?

Thanks

Cristiane Noronha
Sarnendu_Chatte
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Rinky,

Thanks for the blog.

What about customers, who are not ready to use TiH, but are interested in the AI generated Job Description in Recruiting. Can they purchase the required AI units license and enable Job Description generator ?

Br, Sarnendu
nickv23
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi

thanks for your series of blogs helping us understand the rapidly evolving Talent space.
I understand  customers need additional SF licenses to use Opportunity Marketplace but how about Talent Intelligence Hub? Is this included in the SF Platform solution and activated via Upgrade Center?

regards,
Nick v.
khbayne
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Nick,

Talent Intelligence Hub is an umbrella term that includes many moving pieces that are interconnected.  Starting with 2H 2023 Release, depending upon the customer's data center, and whether or not their tenants have been sealed, the Talent Intelligence Hub introduced some new functionality into the baseline of the product.  Each release will incorporate more.  We have multiple webinar recordings, and we can also do direct presentations for our customers to help them understand the layers of TIH, how to prepare for it, based upon where they are in their journey, and how they can utilize what is there now.

I hope this helps!

Karen Bayne

S-CSP, SAP SuccessFactors, Regulated Industries

khbayne
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Talent Intelligence Hub is not a separate license for the customer.  There will be licenseable aspects within TIH, such as Opportunity Marketplace, but not for TIH itself.

For AI, there will be a free option, and an expanded option that does need a license.  Each customer needs to sign an AI agreement, as an attachment to their contract, before utilizing the features, and they will be given either the 0$ or the licenseable product code in their contract.

For more on AI, please check with your SAP SuccessFactors Account Executive.

Thanks,

Karen
khbayne
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Sarnendu,

Please see my comments on AI below.

Thanks,

Karen

Sarnendu_Chatte
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Karen,

Thanks for the response, I'll check out the options with our CSP.

Br, Sarnendu
khbayne
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Perfect!  Let me know if you need any help finding resources.
sskbgsw
Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi rinkysmile11

Please let us know if there is a community for Talent intelligence Hub where Partner office hours happens
sskbgsw
Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi

Please let us know if there is a community for Talent intelligence Hub where Partner office hours happens
Shivangi-Singh
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Amazing blog Rinky, very insightful. 

Could you please also confirm if the below Skill technology meets within TIH/OMP as well?

1. Workforce skills supply and demand data (Meets, Partially meets or Doesn’t currently meets)
  2. Visibility of colleague skills 
  3. Manager / Peer Validation of employee skills
  4. Skills Inference (using employee data collection & based activity analysis) 
  5. Skills proficiency validation by manager & employee  
  6. Skills-based Position Management & Automated update of skillset during role change 

Thanks