Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nicolas_Alech
Advisor
Advisor
It is a true pleasure to announce that Tricentis Test Automation for SAP integrated with SAP Cloud ALM is now available. SAP and Tricentis have engaged in a partnership almost 3 years ago to bring the best of application lifecycle management and test automation to the SAP customers. 3 years ago, SAP and Tricentis provided the integration between SAP Solution Manager and SAP Enterprise Continuous Testing by Tricentis and today we provide a similar offering in the Cloud.

Indeed, SAP Cloud ALM as well as the new product from Tricentis called: Tricentis Test Automation are SaaS products which bring to the SAP Enterprise Support customers, the full power of application lifecycle management from SAP together with the model-based test automation capabilities from Tricentis.

There are 2 flavors of this offering, which are similar to the offerings based on SAP Solution Manager. One offering included in the SAP Enterprise Support (more details can be found on the Usage Rights page from SAP Cloud ALM) and also a product which will be on the SAP Price List soon.

The following picture illustrates this:

SAP and Tricentis offerings

So, how can you get access to this new offering?

It is very simple, just access your SAP Cloud ALM tenant, with a user having Admin rights, and you will find a new tile in the launchpad in the Administration section:

Setup Tile

Click on this tile and you will enter the setup.

You will need to give consent to the terms and conditions:

Terms and Conditions

Once done you will be able to proceed with the automated setup, everything is automated:

It has 4 steps and once completed you will be fully setup:

Automated Setup

The setup establishes the connection between SAP Cloud ALM and the newly provisioned Tricentis tenant, including SSO and the endpoint for test automation (Setup help page).

More information can also be found in this document concerning the usage and limits of Tricentis test automation integrated with SAP Cloud ALM.

You are now fully setup to start doing test automation with SAP Cloud ALM and Tricentis fully integrated.

As a recap, for all SAP Enterprise Support customers (Usage Rights page from SAP Cloud ALM), you can now leverage, as part of your support contract and at no extra charge, the power of Tricentis Test Automation integrated with SAP Cloud ALM.

Even if you have not provisioned SAP Cloud ALM yet, you can always do so from SAP for Me (https://me.sap.com) in less than 20 minutes, and then provision your Tricentis test automation tenant in less than 5 minutes and get started with application lifecycle management and test automation is less than 30 minutes!

Happy testing with SAP Cloud ALM and Tricentis!

27 Comments
BasanthSwain
Participant
Thanks for the blog, Nicolas. Good News
NeilBhaduri1
Discoverer

Thank you for the blog.

Could you please advise what authorisations are required to accept the terms and conditions?

I have met the pre-requisites listed here:

https://help.sap.com/docs/cloud-alm/setup-administration/tricentis-test-automation#prerequisites

many thanks Neil Bhaduri

T and C not authorised

Nicolas_Alech
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi Neil,

in the pre-requisites section is says:

"You've an S-user with the role Edit Cloud Data and an email address that corresponds to the email address used in SAP Cloud ALM."

When the message above is displayed, it means that we could not find in the SAP backend an S-user according to the following algorithm

• Lookup the S-users for the customer number to which SAP Cloud ALM is associated.

• In these S-users we look for a user with the same email address as the user triggering this request in SAP Cloud ALM.

• If there is a matching user, then it must have Cloud Edit rights

We display this message when we cannot find such an S-user.

In the help it is also recommended to check the S-users in SAP for Me.

Cheers

Nicolas

stefanthomann
Participant
Test automation at the push of a button.

Well done nicolas.alech and team 🚀
RaquelF
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
What a great integration, expanding the test automation capabilities of SAP Cloud ALM!

Congratulations to all involved!
NeilBhaduri1
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Thank you for the reply Nicolas.

I seem to meet all the pre-requisites but despite that I'm not able to accept the T&Cs.

However my colleague has been able to do so, so we are able to continue with the integration.

best regards, Neil
0 Kudos
One of the most expected features for Cloud ALM!
Daniel_Enderli
Active Participant
Great user experience at the push of a button.
World class nicolas.alech reiner.markheiser and Team! THANKS
hastaqr
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi,

I have been through the setup and got everything working except...

The Xscan keeps telling me that both Edge and Chrome don't have the Tricentis extension installed.

I have followed the link to do the install but all I get is the option to remove the extension as it is already installed.

I have removed and re-installed the extension without any luck.

Where can I get technical support for this?

Cheers

Chris
Nicolas_Alech
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi Chris,

did you have Tosca (or SAP Enterprise Continuous Testing by Tricentis) installed on your computer already? Was the extension installed already?

If this is the case the extension works either for Tosca or for TTA. In this case you need to uninstall it and then re-install it.

If this does not solve your issue then you can create an incident under component: XX-PART-TRI-TTA-CLD

Cheers

Nicolas
srekapalli
Participant
0 Kudos
Thank you Nicolas for great news about TTA with ALM. I have couple of questions

1) How long TTA with Solution manager continue to be available to customers?? We have built a decent size automation repository in TTA with Solution manager

2) is there any migration path/tooling/ reference documentation to  port existing test scripts from TTA with Solution Manager onto TTA with ALM?

Thanks in advance.
VinodGandham
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing -

denis_weiser
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Thanks for the good news!

Is there a roadmap when we will be able to also scan and test SAP-GUI transactions from within TTA for SAP Cloud ALM?

best regards

Denis
Nicolas_Alech
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hello Denis,

this is linked from this blog post, but here is the link again: https://support.sap.com/content/dam/support/en_us/library/ssp/alm/partners/test-automation/Tricentis...

Cheers

Nicolas
Nicolas_Alech
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi Sriram,

SAP Solution Manager will be under mainstream maintenance at least until end of 2027. The term license from Tricentis is documented here: https://support.sap.com/en/alm/usage-rights.html?anchorId=section_138430085

Concerning the migration, my heart is currently bleeding because you did not completely read through this blog ;-). This is explained in the document: https://support.sap.com/content/dam/support/en_us/library/ssp/alm/partners/test-automation/Tricentis...

On slide 15.

Cheers

Nicolas
srekapalli
Participant
0 Kudos
haha...I got the answer. Thank you, Nicolas.
Nicolas_Alech
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Great! 😃
mshibano
Discoverer
Thank you, Nicolas for the post.

Is it true that TTA integrated with Cloud ALM supports no more than 500 test runs per month?

Thanks,

Maria

Nicolas_Alech
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi Maria,

yes this is correct. In the OEM version there are only 500 test runs per calendar month. You can push the limits and go to 1000 runs as it is explained in this document: on slide 13.

The full version will allow you to get more test runs.

Cheers
Nicolas
BasanthSwain
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Nocolas,

Blog is very informative, I have one question

We know that SAP CALM is part of Rise with SAP offering. Does it mean that TTA for cloud that is integrated with SAP CALM is also included in Rise with SAP?

Thanks

Basanth
Nicolas_Alech
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Absolutely
Nicolas_Alech
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Ok, I can elaborate a bit more :-).

if you are eligible for SAP Cloud ALM, then you are Tricentis Test Automation integrated with SAP Cloud ALM. Simple as that.

For Rise, this is a perfect fit to have both SAP Cloud ALM and Tricentis Test Automation for SAP, as full cloud native solutions with zero on-premise footprint.

cheers

Nicolas
BasanthSwain
Participant
0 Kudos
Thanks for clarifying.
frida_kerrnj
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Nicolas,

Just one question regarding the Tricentis integration with SAP Cloud ALM.

As I understand it, it does not come with an extra cost to setup the Tricentis to your Cloud ALM,
but there will be an extra cost if exceeding the 500 test runs pr. month - is that correct?

Best regards,
Frida
Nicolas_Alech
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi Frida,

no, you will not be charged automatically.

Please read through the presentation linked at the end of the blog, it explains what happens when you exceed the limits.

If you come to the conclusion that the limits of the free version are not sufficient for your usage, then you will have the option of licencing of the full version. The full version should be available on the SAP price list.

Best regards

Nicolas
bharok
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi @Nicolas_Alech,

Thank you for the blog. It's very informative.

I do have one question though. Is it possible to use TTA workspaces other than the "Default" one?

Currently, when we create an automated tests case in ALM and select TTA as the automation provider, a new test case is created in the "Default" workspace. 

If we try the other way around - importing test cases from TTA to ALM, we can only import from "Default".

We have multiple teams and projects, so it would be very helpful to separate the test cases in TTA.

Best Regards

Bolesław

Nicolas_Alech
Advisor
Advisor

As an answer to this comment:

Hi @Nicolas_Alech,

Thank you for the blog. It's very informative.

I do have one question though. Is it possible to use TTA workspaces other than the "Default" one?

Currently, when we create an automated tests case in ALM and select TTA as the automation provider, a new test case is created in the "Default" workspace. 

If we try the other way around - importing test cases from TTA to ALM, we can only import from "Default".

We have multiple teams and projects, so it would be very helpful to separate the test cases in TTA.

Best Regards

Bolesław

Hi Boleslaw,

you are right, the integration only works with the "default" workspace. This limitation is currently known to SAP and Tricentis, we will check how to remove this constraint, but currently there is no workaround.

Best regards
Nicolas