Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abhinag_palvadi
Employee
Employee

“Intelligent Business Operations” (IBO) is now available on Cloud Appliance Library (CAL). Set up your own hands-on experience quickly with pre-configured smart process applications.

What does the solution have?

1. SAP Operational Process Intelligence 1.0 SPS 12

2. SAP Process Orchestration 7.5 SPS 03 including B2B 1.0 SP4 add-on

3. HANA 1.0 SPS 11 Revision 112.03

This blog explains what you would get as a part of solution “Intelligent Business Operations: SAP Process Orchestration 7.5 SPS 03 incl. B2B add-on and SAP Operational Process Intelligence 1.0 SPS 12” on CAL.

What is in for customers/prospective customers?

1. SAP is providing a free trial license to build sample smart process applications. Trial license is valid for 30 days from the day of creation of CAL instance after which the solution has to be unlocked. This can be done by purchasing SAP Cloud Appliance Library subscription package. It works on Bring Your Own License (BYOD) model. Please get in touch with your SAP Sales Representative or more information can be found here.

2. Has access to pre-installed SAP Operational Process Intelligence and SAP Process Orchestration on HANA. Please note that CAL instance runs on Amazon Web Services (AWS). So Amazon would charge for hosting.

3. Solution contains Industry specific showcase scenarios of Intelligent Business operations. This blog explains how to experience pre-configured smart process applications.

Get access to “Intelligent Business Operations: SAP Process Orchestration 7.5 SPS 03 incl. B2B add-on and SAP Operational Process Intelligence 1.0 SPS 12” solution on CAL via  SAP Store or SCN.

• SAP Store

• Go to SAP Store. Search for “Intelligent Business Operations” or click here for direct link.

• Click on “Demo Now”. This will take you to CAL.

• SCN

• Go to http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-47930

• Look for “Intelligent Business Operations: SAP Process Orchestration 7.5 SPS 03 incl. B2B add-on and SAP Operational Process Intelligence 1.0 SPS 12”.

• Click “Get it for AWS”. This will take you to CAL.

Login to CAL or create a user in Cloud Appliance Library. Get familiarized with key concepts of CAL here before proceeding further.

Your CAL account has to be linked to an AWS account before creating an instance in CAL so that the charge for hosting an instance would be billed against AWS account. This blog explains how to link an AWS account to CAL and start an instance.

Some of the most frequently asked questions are answered in FAQ page.

I hope you enjoy the IBO experience.

28 Comments
stefan_henke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinag,

thanks for sharing this information with the community.

0 Kudos

Love it. Great to see that it is accesable.

I would thought recommed users to stop the service and change the instance type to just 30.5 Gb memory. For the integration part it seems to be running fine, I'm not sure how the OPI will work.

MichaelWegelin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

just wanted to try it out. However, among many informations, the user name in the Getting Started Guide are missing. Instead of the Information there is an "Error. Reference source not bound.

Who could provide the correct Getting Started Guide?

Thanks a lot!

Michael

abhinag_palvadi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Could please more specific? Where exactly do you see this error? May be a screenshot would help.

Thanks,

Abhinag

MichaelWegelin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Abhinang,

thanks for your fast answer. I just wanted to make the screenshots of the PDF-Document with the missing information, but now it is there. So the problem disappeared 😉

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks. I am looking to try SAP Process Intelligence and got the instances up and running. I am unable to locate Administrator passwords to remotely logon using RDP or NWA. PDF documents refer to changing the SAP passwords but do not mention initial passwords to use. Can you please advise?

abhinag_palvadi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Shehryar Khan,

Initial passwords for Administrator user or SYSTEM user would be the password which you would have provided as "Master Password" while creating an instance.

Regards,

Abhinag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Many thanks for the response. Yes, I have seen this statement in the FAQs and the relevant guides also but the activation process for the instance did not ask for a password. The activation worked in the background. Did I do something wrong?

abhinag_palvadi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

In actual, it should ask you for master password. Since the instance creation is on SAP Cloud Appliance library, you can post this question in SAP Cloud Appliance Library (CAL) .

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Abhinag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

vikas112
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it possible to extend the licence as either free of paid for developers?

I would like to use this as a personal dev box for prototyping.

If paid, what are the estimated license cost(AWS cost excluded)?

If anyone know answers to these, please share.

Cheers,

Vikas

abhinag_palvadi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

Please mail DL_SAP_STORE_ORDER_NOTIFICATION@exchange.sap.corp with your requirement.

Regards,

Abhinag

vikas112
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinag

My email bounced. Maybe this mailbox is SAP internal.

Do you have an external facing email id?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Vikas

abhinag_palvadi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

Try cal.admin@sap.com.

Regards,

Abhinag

ravicarpenter
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinag,

Could we also have a similar trial system for HANA Cloud Integration. Would be useful.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was able to create AWS instance and were able to to do remote to the machine..

I tried setting up PI connection via HTTP but it asking user name & password.. I am not sure what is the user/pwd for accessing PI.. I am able to Remote the machine via master password.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was able to create AWS instance and were able to to do remote to the machine..

I tried setting up PI connection via HTTP but it asking user name & password.. I am not sure what is the user/pwd for accessing PI.. I am able to Remote the machine via master password.

Thanks!

abhinag_palvadi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you trying to setup PI connection using Swing Clinet? If so, it is not supported in AWS. Please see Question 4 in FAQ page (FAQ -Intelligent Business Operations: SAP Process Orchestration 7.4 SPS 11 and SAP Operational Proce...). You need to use Netweaver Developer Studio to access PI.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Abhinag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply. I tried to connect via NWDS and as per FAQ Step 4 and reached to this and not sure what value to user

Earlier as per FAQ i added the following

Please advice, if this setting is correct and what should i enter for user/pwd on ESR

Thanks for your time!

Regds

abhinag_palvadi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

Two changes.

1. Uncheck "Secure Connection (HTTPs)"

2. Provide -1 instead of 50001 against ESR Https port

Username would be "Administrator" and password would be the master password you provided while creating the instance.

Regards,

Abhinag

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinag,

NWDS is not allowing to enter "-1" as ESR Https Port parameter. Its throwing error 'Enter a port number within.....ange (between 80 and 65535)'. I have unchecked 'Secure Connection (Https)'.

Please help. I am not able to connect PO sever from NWDS. http://bpmhost:50000 is also not opening (connection has timed out). Is the Server down?

It took hours to figure out "Administrator" would be the Userid. :neutral:

It would be helpful if we can update the FAQ and Getting Started documents.

Regards,

Nabendu.

abhinag_palvadi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Nabendu,

Sure. Thank you for the feedback.

Please message me your email id. I will get in touch with you.

Regards,

Abhinag

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinag,

I can not send you Direct Message unless you follow me. :???:

My email id is <nabendusen@yahoo.co.in>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinag,

I am facing the same issue like nabendu.senIs this Free 90 Day trial version is expired. I just opened my account few days back. Please let me know. NWDS to PO Server connection is not working and facing the same issue.

Thanks,

Nayan.

abhinag_palvadi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

HI Nayan,

I will post the workaround once i resolve it on Nabendusen's instance.

Regards,

Abhinag

abhinag_palvadi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Nayan,

Ping to bpmhost from windows host is timed out. It means the linux instance isnot up and running. 

Please start a discussion in http://scn.sap.com/community/cloud-appliance-library/content?filterID=contentstatus%5bpublished%5d~o... . This is monitored continuously and someone from SAP would contact you soon.

Regards,

Abhinag

tilesh_maharaj
Discoverer
0 Kudos
abhinag.palvadi

All the files and locations for the B2B "Exercise 5" is not present..

this is from the Exercise:

but the instance has no such folder or file:

Any suggestions on where to get the files mentioned in the Exercise 5?

Thanks,

T.
Former Member
0 Kudos
Hello Abhinag

i have created above setup in Aws and was able to successfully login to Frontend Server using RDP

However i am not able to locate the Process Integration Tools Landing Page, as shown below

Can you help me with the URL and correct directory name to access the above page (i am assuming it is a browser-based page)

Thanks in Advance

Cheers,

Ashish