cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP RAP: Unspecified provider error occurred. See Error Context and Call Stack on Edit Button

bhaskar_nagula
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts/Folks,

I'm getting an error "Unspecified provider error occurred. See Error Context and Call Stack" in ABAP RAP BO Unmanaged Scenario with draft V4 version on clicking on standard Edit button.

so i tried debugging and see where it fails, here is the below screenshot it's failing in Locking

even though i've given etag and total etag

Below is the Interface view screenshot:

Anyone knows what could be reason and how to rectify it?

andre.fischer jelena.perfiljeva

Thanks & Regards,

Bhaskar Nagula

trupti_kanekar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

I am facing the exact same issue during edit, any suggestions on what needs to be rectified.

Regards,

Trupti Kanekar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JaimeRodriguez
Participant
0 Kudos

I had the same problem after some time debugging and without understanding anything, I could find the problem: it is related to the use of %tky

In the projection I have implemented an update augment for association fields that I have in the root entity, my code was this:

JaimeRodriguez_0-1711389644886.png

I always had the same error.

After a lot of time, I found the location of the problem in the class CL_DSP_DSD_BUFFER

JaimeRodriguez_1-1711389053965.png

At that point, it is searching in <t_dad_buffer> with the ENTITY key from <s_dad_buffer_line>, which appears to be the same value, and I almost lost my mind:

JaimeRodriguez_2-1711389171676.png

So I changed the variable viewer to HEX and I finally found the problem:

Value from <t_dad_buffer>:

JaimeRodriguez_3-1711389271259.png

Value from <s_dad_buffer_line>:

JaimeRodriguez_4-1711389304918.png

Et voilà! Finally!

So changing my code to use the fields instead of %tky I could make it work:

JaimeRodriguez_1-1711389684639.png

iamnaveen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi JaimeRodriguez,

In which class did you enter the mentioned code?

I have the "key" values in the lock method of the cl_abap_behavior_saver class. After the saver class, I'm facing the Dump error " Unspecified provider error occurred. See Error Context and Call Stack."

How to fix the issue?

iamnaveen_0-1711542878245.pngiamnaveen_1-1711542934354.png

JaimeRodriguez
Participant
0 Kudos
I made in the class for projection BDEF. Check in all methods how you fill the keys and specify them field by field.
srmuc69
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Have you every found what the error was? I get a similar Gateway error but it doesn't say what failed.

Thanks

Stefan