cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP RESTful Programming On-Premise, Service URL & Preview Error at service binding

abapforgeeks
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,capture.png

I am working on s/4hana1909, created a sample service binding for a CDS View. But unable to preview and access the service URL. But when try from gateway I am able to access the service. Kindly help. Snapshots are attached.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abapforgeeks
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

I have updated my eclipse from 2020-03 to 2020-06 and also updated ADT(latest) then restarted my system. Now I am able to preview the app. Thank you for the help.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Great to hear that. 🙂

UniqueSeSo
Explorer

Hello Andre,

we currently have a problem on an OnPrem 2020 FSP01 system with the ADT Preview.

Subsequent changes for example to the MDE file (We changed the UI annotation) are not reflected in the ADT preview. Only a duplication of the service definition and, based on this, a new service binding shows the changes made for the new service.

The manual initiation of a clear on the model cache via transaction / IWFND / GW_CLIENT does not always lead to the desired success. In fact, I find this behavior very cumbersome to develop. What am I doing wrong? Why is the change I made to the UI Annoation not directly reflected in the ADT Preview? And so I don't forget. Of course I also deleted the client browser cache. Unfortunately, even without the changes being visible in the preview.

The problem occurs with Eclipse 2020-12 with ABAP Development Tools 3.16 with UI2 Service Binding. Have you heard of this problem before?

It seems as if ADT does not update the metadata cache for the existing service UI2 binding.

Thank you in advance for any assistance!

Best regards

Sebastian

0 Kudos

Hi Andre and Sebastian,

I get the same issue, Annotations are not updated in the metadata after changing CDS UI Annotations and activating. Tried reactivation Service Def. and unpublish/republish the Service Binding.

Is there a program we can run to rebuild the annotations? Cache clearing programs do not work.

We are on S4 2002 FPS1 too.

Regards,

Sai

Liesbeth
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you find a solution to this refresh issue of the preview? We experience the same problem with our S/4HANA 2021 FPS0 (Eclipse 2022-06). The only solution we've found so far is to delete the service binding and recreate it, which is quite cumbersome.

Best regards

Liesbeth

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The root cause of this issue might be the default browser setting.

In ADT it is recommended to use Chrome.

So if you choose from the menu "Window --> Preferences" and then search for "browser" you can select "Web Browser" and there choose the radio button "Use external web browser" instead of "Use internal web browser".

From the external web browsers on your machine choose "Chrome".

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Andre

lukasz_grochal
Participant

I'm using Eclipse 2020-06 with the latest ADT and getting the same exact error with the preview app:
An error has occurred. See error log for more details. java.lang.NullPointerException

I have set the default browser to Chrome (both system and Eclipse settings).

What else can be missing?