cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessibility and tabs order in UI5 controls

0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm working with the latest version of the SAPUI5 library (1.19).

I have created an Overlay Container with some complex UI in it, and I have some accessibility issues - most of them related to tabs order:

1. When I navigate using the tab key from the keyboard and reach to a Button control - the button is accessible (I can click on it using the enter key) but it is not marked as selected. Is this a known issue? Can it be a CSS issue?

2. I have a DataSet control in one of the Grids constructing the UI. For some reason I can't access the tiles of the data set using tab key. The tiles are created from a template that defines a new control (using extends function of Control), as it is in the DataSet example in Snippix.

Is there something I should add in my code in order to support keyboard selection for the data set tiles? (maybe adding something to the renderer?)

3. Somehow by clicking tab and enter keys in my overlay container - I could access controls that are behind that container and are not accessible by mouse clicks (they are accessible only when I close the overlay container pop-up window)... How can that be? Is there something I can do about it? (maybe by defining some properties on my controls?)

4. Is there something used to define tab order for controls in my container or it is done automatically by the renderer?

Thanks!

Rotem

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Daniel,

I searched quite a bit and it seems that there are more problems with the tabs order. Did you managed to solve this issue?