cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a custom section in Object Page with Flexible Column Layout does not work

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was following https://github.com/SAP-samples/fiori-elements-opensap/blob/main/week2/unit6.md exercise of OpenSAP course to add a custom section in an object page of a Fiori Elements app in VS Code. After performing all steps correctly, the app doesn't show the newly added section.

Then later when I tried the same approach by creating a new app in BAS, it worked. Then on comparing the differences between both apps, I figured out that the only difference is that my VS Code app has flexible column layout while a new app on BAS has standard layout. So I tested this by switching to standard layout on VS Code and it worked.

I don't if the issue is with UI5 version (1.97) or SAP Fiori Tools so could you please help me to raise this to correct team?

BR, Ekansh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hitesh_parmar
Advisor
Advisor

Hi ekansh005 ,

This is caused because of view caching.
The issue can be solved by adding sap-ui-xx-viewCache=false as a URL parameter before # symbol.

See answer from Marcel here for more details - https://answers.sap.com/questions/13228566/sapfe-v4-custom-object-page-sections-and-caching-i.html

Best regards,

Hitesh

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor

Thanks Hitesh.

I understand this now but shouldn't it be fixed somehow? Either by updating Fiori Tools that it appends this URL parameter by default or by Fiori Elements generation mechanism.

BR, Ekansh

hitesh_parmar
Advisor
Advisor

Hi ekansh005 , Yes we could think of adding this URL parameter by default. I have started the discussion internally and will get back to you when I have an update. Please expect little delay due to holiday season 🙂 .

Best regards,

Hitesh

hitesh_parmar
Advisor
Advisor

Hi ekansh005 ,

We have discussed this internally and decided to add the URL parameter by default. You may expect this change with the latest version (probably in next 2 weeks) of Fiori tools.

Best regards,

Hitesh

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That would be awesome. Thanks for the update.

Answers (0)