cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding custom dropdown fields to Standard FIORI "Manage Customer Master Data" Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a requirement to add custom drop-down fields in Standard FIORI Application "Manage Customer Master Data".

Please provide some guidance on how to achieve this.

Thanks,

Brinda S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Vincent_Zhu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Vincent_Zhu_0-1708586317222.png

Vincent_Zhu_1-1708586410342.png

check out the screenshots above, I can also do that for CDS view based dropdown list.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I followed the same steps attaching images for your reference, let me know if I'm doing something wrong with this or should I do any changes with the CDS view I created, there was a requirement to pull all payment methods in a drop down and that is nothing, but the tender type I created as a CDS view. Also, there is a toggle switch for UI Navigation, and it's turned off for now. 

Or should I enable any other service or entity other than the ones I enabled. Let me know. @Vincent_Zhu 

your guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Brinda S

Brinda91_0-1708610639537.pngBrinda91_1-1708610648921.pngBrinda91_2-1708610655448.png

Vincent_Zhu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Brinda,

You can levarage Custom Field App to create a custom field under Business Context: Master Data: Business Partner (BP_CUSTVEND1). 

Please see some screenshots below.

Vincent_Zhu_0-1708570755235.png

Vincent_Zhu_1-1708570813991.pngVincent_Zhu_2-1708570837215.png

Former Member
0 Kudos
Fantastic, thanks much! Spot on help for me! One more question, is it possible to assign a default value to that drop down field?
Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, just saw your screenshot that the field type for my requirement is Code List based CDS View and I used the business context you mentioned, still couldn't pull that drop down field into Manage Customer Master Data app. Help me out! @Vincent_Zhu 

Vincent_Zhu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Vincent_Zhu_0-1708575779686.png

Check out the screenshot above, you should enable the OData service on the custom field.

And BTW, I didn't find the place to set a default value for the dropdown list.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's enabled but still I couldn't see the custom field CDS view created in the app. Is it possible for you to share a screenshot for a drop down with field type Code List based on CDS views, instead for a code list? Would be helpful @Vincent_Zhu