cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding roles for communication user in BTP ABAP Environment

aoyang
Contributor

Hi,

I'm using BTP ABAP Environment(SteamPunk) and developed a ABAP HTTTP service which will trigger ABAP class to process data records change in the backend table. This HTTP service is called externally therefore it's using communication arrangement to expose the service and external system has to use communication user created in ABAP environment to access it.

However, communication user seems to have limitation. For example, the ABAP class calls 'cl_numberrange_intervals=>update' and the communication user does not seem to have authorization to process it. On top of this, it does not seem that I can add role to communication user from 'Maintain Business role' app. It only allows to add roles to business users.

Is there any way to add roles to communication user, or somehow bypass this authorization error in 'cl_numberrange_intervals=>update'?

Best regards,

Aocheng

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

https://help.sap.com/docs/btp/sap-business-technology-platform/defining-communication-scenario-inclu... describes how Communication Scenarios can be defined, including the assignment of the authorizations required for using the exposed services.

cl_numberrange_intervals=>update requires an authorization for object S_NUMBER with field ACTVT (activity) set to value 02 (change) and field NROBJ (number range object) set accordingly.

I hope that information is helpful for you.
Best regards, Wolfgang

aoyang
Contributor

It's exactly what I needed. Thank you so much.

Best regards, Aocheng

Answers (0)