cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe LiveCycle Designer and AEM Forms

martin_E
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adobe have announced the end of extended technical support for Adobe Live Cycle as of March 2020 - they had already stopped core technical support as of March 2018.

See End of Core Support fr Adobe LiveCycle

I understand there's no “phone home” checking version levels, and the software won't stop working just because it's March 2020, however, given the availability of the SAP Cloud for Adobe Forms, SAP seems to be expecting that we will be creating Adobe forms, but Adobe seem to be expecting we will be using AEM forms;

Is there any documentation on integrating AEM forms into my existing Adobe Interactive Forms lifecycle (i.e. Creating / Editing interactive forms) ?

what is SAP's Roadmap for interactive forms ?

thanks

PascalBremer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Actually AEM forms was showcased to us by Adobe. It only seemed like a rebranding of an existing LiveCycle Designer. Aside from HTML5 support is there anything missing from SAP LiveCycle Designer for you?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

PascalBremer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Please see note: 2763928 ( https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2763928 ).
Generally if you want to develop adobe forms for SAP products, always use the Adobe LiveCycle Designer offered by SAP, it is not affected by the Adobe's Roadmap.

Hello, Pascal. My site is interested in using Adobe forms in SAP, which we have not done before. In light of LiveCycle's discontinued support, what do you recommend we do? Can we use transaction code "SFP" with AEM Forms or is that going to have to change? I just want to be sure we start off on the right foot. Thank you.

PascalBremer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,
AEM Forms is just a rebranding for the LiveCycle Designer and is an Adobe only product, which does not include any SAP integration. Therefore it will most likely not work in the SFP transaction.

In order to work with Adobe Forms in your SAP system you should only download the LiveCycle Designer provided by SAP as it is licensed by SAP and will still receive updates from Adobe, see note above.

To summarize:
The Adobe LiveCycle designer delivered by SAP is a different product and not affected by the EOL (End-of-Life) announcement for the LiveCycle Designer delivered by Adobe.

anshika2010
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

I had a couple of doubts. Appreciate if you could help clarifying those.

1.How different is AEM from the Adobe lifecycle designer. Are there any new/improved layout design features we get with Adobe Experience manager forms?

2. Is there any adjustment in existing forms required if we plan a switch from lifecycle designer to Adobe experience manager forms?

PascalBremer
Advisor
Advisor

Hi anshika2010 ,
we are not supporting AEM Forms Designer.
If you plan to migrate or want a comprehensive feature comparison, please address these issues directly to adobe.

Best regards
Pascal

martin_E
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Apologies for the delay in responding , thanks for the quick response on your behalf

For future reference, the link opens a video that requires an Adobe AddOn to play. It ultimatelyy opens the recording in the Adobe Flash player. I had to view it on my personal computer, as Flash has been disabled on my employer's computers..