cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AO 2.8 SP20 vs AO 2.8 SP21

2023_kurt
Newcomer
0 Kudos

I have read much about the Cloud Analytics Plug-In for Microsoft 365 and to be honest, I am more confused than enlightened. I have three main questions:

1) Is AO 2.8 SP21 the same as "SAP Analysis for Microsoft Office, edition for SAP Analytics Cloud"?

2) If I am running Microsoft Office 365 and I have the Edge browser installed, can my Analysis for Office 2.8 SP16 or up to SP20 add-in coexist with my SAC Analytics Cloud add-in so I can use AO for AO reports/input schedules/etc... or SAC for my SAC cloud-based reports and other SAC-related activities?  

3) I read where I need to remove AO and replace it with SAP Analysis for Microsoft Office, edition for SAP Analytics Cloud. I have also read that the SAP Analytics Cloud add-in has no installation, simply membership in a security group at my organization. I interpret this to mean I still have to have an installation performed for basic functionality and such, but when all is said and done, the AO add-in(s) go away and is/are replaced by the SAP Analytics Cloud add-in.

Might some expert respond and enlighten me, or at least provide a guiding light?

Thank you,

Kurt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lothar_Köder
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello @2023_kurt,

AO 2.8 SP21 is available in both versions - "SAP Analysis for Office Standard Edition" and "SAP Analysis for Office Edition for SAP Analytics Cloud". Both need a local installation and can't be used in Excel Online. The differences between these two editions are listed in the PAM for Analysis for Office. Scheduling is only possible with Standard Edition within the BI Platform (see page 6 of the linked document).

"SAP Analytics Cloud, add-in for Microsoft Office" is a cloud based tool and doesn't need a local installation. It works fine in Excel Online, too. You can use both (SAP Analysis for Office and the Add-in) in parallel:

Lothar_Kder_0-1712743267266.png

The tabs "Analysis" and "Analysis Design" belong to SAP Analysis for Office. The tab "SAP Analytics Cloud" belongs to the Add-in. The Add-in is the future but has a lot of lacks compared to SAP Analysis for Office. I hope the gaps will be closed in the future.

Best regards

Lothar