Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving of GOS PDF Attachments via ArchiveLink

j_venter
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are attempting to Implement archiving to our Content Server and a new Repository for Cross Company Invoices, Customer invoices, Remittance advice, etc. For the moment I am focusing on FB03 > GOS menu > Attachment List, list of processed invoices. These PDF documents are generated automatically and attached to the GOS attachment list, they should be pushed to the content Server automatically with only a link/reference to the Content Server Repository in the GOS attachment list.

Having issues getting the archiving to work. From my understanding and reading up on the topic I could make use of DMS (better for versioning etc) or ArchiveLink.

For now, I have been focusing on ArchiveLink config and This is what I have done.

OAC0 - Repository

• Content Repository "ZF"
  • Document Area "ArchiveLink"
  • Storage Type "HTTP"
  • Version "0047"
  • Output Device "ARCH"

OAC2 - Document Types

• Document Type "ZFIN"
  • Document Class "PDF"

OAC3 - Link Content Repository

• Obj. Type "BKPF",
  • Doc. Type "ZFIN",
  • Link Status "X",
  • Content Repository "ZF",
  • RelationShip "TOA01"

SPAD - Output Device

• Device Type "ARCHLINK:
  • Spool Server "Selected"
  • Device Class "Archiving Program"
  • Host Spool Access Method "Archiving Device"

AL01 - Retrieve Archived Document

I can only see one entry that was manually pushed to the repository, to verify storage system works and all other tests are good.

Unable to find any blow note or info on this specific process and how it can be achieved.

Any assistance or guidance anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Daniele_Sgi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Johann,

thanks first of all for the quick indication and for the ideas you gave me.

I will follow what to do in order to succeed too.

j_venter
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Daniele,

It's been a while since i looked at it and i dont have the notes i took from back then. The solution to be used was not viable for us as we had Z_programs also writing to GOS and they where unable to be fixed. So we abandoned the switch and instead perform a cold storage on some data.

As for the process to make it work you will need to go do some research but the process was simple.

1. Upgrade to latest CS

2. Setup Content Server either to store data on File system or on a DB (we are using File System)

3. change the the SOFFPHIO class in table SDOKPHCL to point to the SOFFHTTP instead of SOFFDB.

4. In OACT change SOFFHTTP category to point to your Content Repository.

As for transferring of file you can have at below link. The process above will redirect all new attachments and documents saved to SAPOffice on the CS instead of the DB. This will not clear the soffcont1 table for that you need to action the below in URL: content server – Saptechnicalguru.com

SOFFHTTP (storage category)- document area | SAP Community

Hope you come right.

Daniele_Sgi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi j_venter,

I'm in the same situation as you, did you then find something to go on?

Thanks