cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AS ABAP 7.52 SP01 developer edition: DBACOCKPIT can't login to database

ChristianGünter
Contributor

I'm using AS ABAP 7.52 SP01, developer edition. I'd like to change some DB settings but DBACOCKPIT can't login to the database. I tried all provided DB users, but none seems to work. Does anybody know why?

julie.plummer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

fabianlupa
Contributor

Solved it!

Apparently the database users are not created with the password Down1oad as specified in the blog post. They get the password of the operating system users that you specify when installing the system!

You can test the password like this:

admin@vhcalnplci:~> sudo su sybnpl
vhcalnplci /home/admin% cd ~
vhcalnplci /sybase/NPL% isql64 -SNPL -Usapsa -X Password: xxxxxxx
1>

And change it in DBACOCKPIT or DBCO. Then "Test Connection" should return "connection established successfully".

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Christian, hi Fabian,

I apologize, I misread your example. I have now passed this on. We will update the Guides and Readme.

Thanks and best wishes,

Julie.

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Christian, OK, thanks for the screenshot. However, the users in your screenshot are: SAPSR3, SAPSA, SA, SAPSSO.

The user that Fabian tested = "sybnpl". sybnpl, sapadm, npladm have a different password than the other SAPSR3, SAPSA, SA, SAPSSO. This is intentional. Are there any instances in the docu where "sybnpl" has the pw "Down1oad" listed? Or have you tested SAPSR3, SAPSA, SA, SAPSSO, where the pw = <master> ?

I will test this when I get the chance, but so far, the passwords seem to work as documented.

Thanks and best wishes,

Julie.

ChristianGünter
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julie,

Fabian tested with user SAPSA, I think this line of his screenshot is relevant

vhcalnplci /sybase/NPL% isql64 -SNPL -Usapsa -X

We also use SAPSA in DBACOCKPIT with pw = <master> to establish the database connection. With pw = Down1oad it doesn't work.

Christian

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Christian, Thanks, but I don't see where the problem is. These are the users / passwords in the Guides:

That matches what Fabian said. Or what am I missing? Is there another blog post where the users / passwords are wrong?
Thanks for helping me clear this up,

Julie.

ChristianGünter
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julie,

the DB users are the problem.

Their password is the master password and not Down1oad.

Christian

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Fabian,

This is documented in the blog. See I. Appendix: Directories and Users.

Best wishes Julie.

ChristianGünter
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julie,

I think the main problem is that the passwords of database users are wrong there.

Best regards,

Christian