cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication incorrect to connect to SAP system via business application studio

vvinod
Explorer

Hello, I am trying to connect to backend SAP system via business application studio(BAS) to build fiori apps. However, when I select the data source as SAP system and enter my SAP GUI credentials for service username and password, it says authentication incorrect! as shown in the picture.

The destination is configured in cloud connector to connect to on premise SAP system and the SAP system shows up in BAS.

What could be wrong here?

Thanks Vinod

johnnymunoz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same error, I think it is a platform error, because the credentials are correct, and when I try many times, in the abap system the user is blocked, but I am sure that my password is correct.

Who can help us?

Regards,

Johnny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RazK
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi vvinod ,

The "HTML5.Timeout" property is defined in milliseconds. You should probably change its value to 60000.

BTW - In many cases there's no need to add this additional property to the destination configuration.

Regards - Raz

vvinod
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Raz Korn,

I changed the value of timeout property but it has no effect on the error that I am receiving for Authentication failure.

What values are expected for service user name and password? Are they not same as user id and password that we use to logon to SAP system?

Thanks

Vinod

RazK
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

When configuring the destination to use basic authentication the credentials (user/pass) should be those for accessing the SAP system. If configured correctly then during the app creation wizard, in the Data Source selection step, you will not need to provide credentials. It might be that the user you're using is locked. If you change its password, do not forget to update the new password in the destination configuration.

As gregorw mentioned above you can configure the destination to use NoAuthentication and then whenever accessing the SAP system one will need to provide the credentials.

Additional resources that can help:

1. https://blogs.sap.com/2020/10/13/how-to-check-the-connectivity-to-your-backend-system-in-business-ap...
  2. SAP Tech Bytes: Testing SAP BTP destinations

Regards - Raz

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

vvinod
Explorer

Hello Raz Korn,

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. The error message "Authentication Incorrect" was misleading here even though the credentials were correct. The issue was with access policy that was set up in the cloud connector. Once all sub paths are allowed, I could get past this error message and retrieve my oData services.

The issue is resolved now.

Thank you

Vinod

gregorw
Active Contributor

For the development connection exposing all path is OK. But for production expose only the needed services.

efallaruiz
Explorer
0 Kudos

when i check and add the flag it worked

martin_grellmann
Explorer
0 Kudos

For a Developer Extension in S4Hana Cloud, Public Edition I have on a similar situation. 

According to the example, Create Your Own Gadget Shopping App Using Developer Extensibility, it can't login to the customised oData v2

Has anyone a great Idea to resolve that situation? 

1. Data source: OData Service
  2. in Eclipse ADT created Service URL
  3. Username from S4Hana Cloud, Public Edition (the same, what I enter into the Browser, when I'm open the preview into the Browser)
  4. The Password from 3.
  5. Klick on Login
  6. Notice (Authentication incorrect)

Best regards and Thank you for your Attention

former_member758248
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I was reading your answers since I'm having a similar Authentication issue, the service password as a Mandatory field:

This are the destination properties and the additional ones:

I would really appreciate any advice, since I'm not being able to figure it out.

Thanks you in advance for your time!

Florencia.

rcaziraghi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I had the same issue and solved it by inserting the correct "sap-client" value in the destination configuration:

Thanks.

Rafael.

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried without providing username and password? You've configured the username and password already in the destination. Otherwise try setting the destination to "NoAuthentication".

vvinod
Explorer

Hello Gregor,

When I tried without providing username and password, it doesn't do anything and the 'Next' button is disabled. I tried setting the destination to NoAuthentication and tried again but no luck.

Thanks

Vinod