cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basis/Security Launchpad

PeterMonaghan
Participant

Hello SAP Community,

I am looking for advice/input/suggestions for setting up a default Launchpad template for my Basis/Security team. Since its inception my team and I have installed all the tiles that we feel are important and now we each have a hodgepodge of different tiles and layouts. I would like to implement a standard so that my team is using the same tools.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member612251
Participant

Personally I wouldn't recommend your security and basis team using Launchpad, I would stick with GUI., just my opinion based on using both. That being said, maybe groups such as:

- Reporting
- Authentication
- User Management
- User Monitoring
- Authorization Management
- Audit Management
- Transports
- Client Admin
- DBA
- System Tracing
- Fiori Maintenance

You could go on and on, hence why Launchpad isn't the best medium for technical staff such as security and basis to work from on a daily basis, just isn't feasible in my opinion.

PeterMonaghan
Participant
0 Kudos

Interesting. Thanks for the response...

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

If you want to organize Tiles and make those default;

1. Create a Fiori tile group and assign a catalogue in to the group.

2. Create PFCG role and add group into the role

3. Assign role to the required users.

PeterMonaghan
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback on the mechanics on how to create a standard template for my team.

Do you have any suggestions on what tiles I should use to populate that template for Basis & Security team?

PeterMonaghan
Participant
0 Kudos

True enough... but there are still enough out there for Basis administration to choose from. I'll figure it out from here...

0 Kudos

Your question is too generic. Basically, It depends on what you need and tiles availability for your version. Please search fiori app library for available tiles.

PeterMonaghan
Participant
0 Kudos

Yea... welcome to my world. I am staring into the abyss when I look into app library because there are so many enticing, but not necessarily useful, tiles available. That is why I was querying the community for suggestions.

But thanks anyway...

GregMalewski
Contributor

There is no Basis/security related SAP Fiori standard applications available at the moment. Thus I agree with Michael Healy - Fiori launchpad (as designed primarily for Fiori apps) would not be the best place to work for people with basis/security roles. It might change as there are already many SAP partner security/basis tools build as SAP Fiori apps, and I'm sure that SAP will deliver such apps soon.