cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best practice for converting FLAT file to XML in CPI

emaaarrr
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello, I'm a newc to this community, and I need to convert a flat file (like the example provided below) into XML format in CPI. I've found various blogs that suggest using Groovy scripts, while others recommend a combination of Palette functions and Groovy scripts. I'm unsure about the best practice to follow in CPI for handling this kind of scenario.

emaaarrr_0-1712655743532.png

Looking for assistance from the community to meet this requirement using the best practices in CPI. Any assistance would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ag3silaus
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello @emaaarrr ,

Welcome to the SAP community, particularly the Cloud Integration segment! Regarding your query, you can find a comprehensive answer in this informative blog post: cpi-convert-flat-file-to-xml . If you require assistance with Groovy scripting in your scenario, feel free to reach out. I'm here to help.

Best Regards,

Burak

emaaarrr
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi @ag3silaus,

Thanks for getting back to me. After reviewing your blog, it seems that we're currently treating the incoming message as a String, which will store the entire payload in memory. However, I need to handle large amounts of FLAT file data, which could potentially lead to processing time issues. Is it possible to use a Reader to read the data line by line within the same code? If so, could you please provide an example for reference?

Thanks and regards,
Emar