Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEx report designer error RSBOLAP 017 Java communication error

iurii_tiunov2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I got Bex error duirng I try to insert Infor provider in BEx report designer.

To reproduce it - In BEX Report designer, use Report->Inser data provider (select InfoAreas) and try to use any InfoProvider.

I've checked notes:

917950 - SAP NetWeaver 2004s: Setting Up BEx Web

916090 - RFC-error messages in Web Application Designer 2004s

and also 888687 and 917950, 937697).

Regarding notes I must have EP component in Java stack in order to use Bex:

BEx Web in SAP NetWeaver 2004s (Usage Type BI-Java) requires Usage Types EP and AS-Java, i.e. a Portal on a Java stack is required

If you don't want to use the new BEx Web functionality, you can still use BEx Web 3.5 Runtime that is running only with Usage Type AS-ABAP.

I used Bex based on 7.40 and haven't EP component installed in my java stack. I use double stack system - Solman 7.1.

Note 916090 has remark:

In most cases, however, the connectivity is not properly configured, so the call will not return a result also during the second and all following tries.

In that case please ask your system administrator to set up the ABAP->JAVA and JAVA->ABAP connectivity in a valid way (at least for your user...).

Anyway, my question is:

Can I configure ABAP<->JAVA connectivity in order to use Bex functionality without Portal installed?

BR
Iurii

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Lurri ,

To answer your question

You have to Java Portal configured to use the WEB Application Designer . It is mandatory if you are using business explorer ( BEX Tools) 7.x

- you can still use the ABAP Runtime but cannot use the BEX tools 7.x versions

-- the usage type BI java is very necessary to use the WAD Templates .

Therefore you have to install BI Java and then execute the WAD

useful Notes :

Refer the following SAP Note:

147519 - Maintenance strategy / deadlines for SAP GUI

1645590 - Java/Server SPs dependencies (and SupportDeskTool)

Also note that Patch Level 0 is not supported for BI Java components as per
the following SAP KBA Note:

1899396 - Patch Level 0 for BI Java Installation - Detailed Information

Regards,

Bhaskar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

iurii_tiunov2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks to all for the answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Web Application Designer 7.x is based on Java as it uses XML code.

You need to have Java stack configured correctly with your BW ABAP stack.

If you don't have Java stack , then you will get the Java communications errors and you cannot use WAD 7.x functionalities.

There is no way to use WAD 7.x if you don't have Java stack as the code (XML) supports Java stack.

The only way is to use WAD 3.x which don't require Java stack.

In your Java stack it is mandatory that you have BI Java components available then only WAD 7.x will work correctly.

Regards,

Amit

sapna_jgurudutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer the following SAP Note for configuring ABAP stack to Java stack which you are already referred as you mentioned here:

917950 - SAP NetWeaver 2004s: Setting Up BEx Web.

Please note that for  executing Reports of Release 7.x in Report Designer 7.x, ABAP stack should be configured properly with Java stack and for this Java stack installation proper

Usage Types relevant for Java stack as mentioned in the SAP Note 917950 needs to be selected during installation and please make sure that

Usage Types AS-Java, EP, BI-Java are selected along with the other relevant Usage Types mentioned in the SAP Note 917950 for Java stack installation.

For  Usage Type EP  it requires Usage Type AS-Java and  for Usage Type BI-Java  , it requires Usage Type EP and Usage Type AS-Java as mentioned in the SAP Note 917950
and please refer the SAP Note 917950 for other relevant Usage Types  mentioned there for Java stack installation and ABAP stack installation and refer the SAP Note 917950 completely
and follow it completely for configuring ABAP stack with Java stack .

Also, please note the following:

(i)Please note that with SAP NetWeaver 7.1, the Visual Administrator (VA) is replaced by
the SAP NetWeaver Administrator, which means that all relevant functions of
the Visual Administrator are available in the SAP NetWeaver Administrator.
The Visual Administrator  is no longer delivered as of SAP NetWeaver 7.1. 

(ii)Please do not use report RSPOR_SETUP for configuration check for SAP NetWeaver 2004s. The report has been replaced by the support desk tool. Please have a look at

the following SAP Note:
937697 - Usage of SAP NetWeaver BI Diagnostics & Support Desk Tool

Please note that RSPOR_SETUP is obsolete in BI 7.x release and Supportdesk tool should
be used in 7.x release.

Also, please note that the Support Desk Tool is the tool used to check whether the configuration between ABAP and Java stack is done properly or not.

The Support Desk Tool should be GREEN which means all the configuration done between ABAP and Java stack is done properly.

(iii) And, please note that Patch Level 0 is not supported for BI Java components.

Please note that following are the list of BI Java components dependent on the Release you are using for Java:

Netweaver 7.0, 7.01, 7.02:

BI-BASE-S
BI-WEBAPP

Netweaver 7.3, 7.31, 7.4:

BI-BASE-B
BI-BASE-E
BI-BASE-S
BI-WEBAPP
BI-IBC

(iv)It is always recommended to apply latest SPS level for both ABAP stack and Java stack and then apply latest SP and Patch Level for BI Java components.

Thanks & Regards,

Sapna