Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC AO reports on SAP Fiori

deep_desai2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a client requirement for showcasing the BPC EPM reports on SAP Fiori.

At present, these reports are designed on Analysis for Office. Since they want to move away from using Excels just for displaying these reports, they want it be designed in Fiori.
Since i have little understanding on BPC , I am not sure how these can be achieved.

I understand we need to eliminate the AO and develop a new Fiori application using the BPC source data.

We have good Fiori expertise but zero technical knowledge on the BPC side.

How can this be done? Are there any other solutions?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

karwen
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI Deep,

do you use BPC Embedded or BPC Standard?

Just to make sure. In case you use BPC Standard, your requirements will be probably hard to implement. The reason for that is that BPC Standard uses an account model while BW is based on a key figure model. In this case, you would need to transform your data into a key figure model by using ABAP routines. If you are using BPC Embedded, which is based on "old" IP technology and which already uses a key figure based model, you might be able to use the same queries you developed for your AO reports. But this depends on your requirements and needs to be checked.

Regards, Karsten

deep_desai2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karsten,

On some brainstorming, we realised that this BPC reports can be designed as Bex queries and we can expose them as Gateway services to be consumed in Fiori apps.

Well, when we did a test by using the checkbox "By Odata" on Query Designer, the service is not getting generated. Any views on that? I think this is a standard process to expose Bex queries as Odata services.

Regards

Deep Desai