Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPCA for Development Elements

former_member759098
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are planning to use BPCA for the impact analysis of our changes. For BPCA TBOMs are required and all the docuemnts and links suggests to create them for executables. But we want to use Development Elements. Is there a possiblity to create TBOMs for Development Elements and use them in BPCA. Kindly help.

thalesvb
Active Contributor

Hi, when you generate/record TBOM for an executable, it also records all development objects used/called by that executable (on that step). Since BPCA is process-driven, it will suggest any other process/business step impacted by a change (of course after all of them having TBOM data).

If you want to avoid code failure (things being commonly broken by bad implementation), you should focus on (ABAP) Unit tests (a code is doing what is expected to do), and BPCA being a second (testing) frontier.

former_member759098
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Thales,

Thank you for the clarification. Also i created TBOM for one of my executable and ran the BPCA analysis for the same object. This executable is assigned to 4 Process Steps but the BPCA analysis is only displaying one Process step in the impacted section others are not listed there. Can you help me on that.

Regards

Aditya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AjayHS
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Aditya,

BPCA helps to identify those set of business processes which are impacted due to the change & the TSO (Test Scope Optimization) in BPCA will determine what is the minimum number of test cases (manual/automated) that needs to be regression tested which results in maximum test scope in order to determine the impact of the change introduced.

Eg: If there are 100 e2e test cases (combination of both manual + automated) in order to determine what is the impact on these 100 test cases as a result of the change we need to perform regression test, testing all 100 is not feasible due to time crunch & resource unavailability. BPCA TSO will help here, it will determine if there are test cases which has same technical objects (TBOM) as the other and will eliminate such test cases with duplicate technical objects from being included in the test scope there by minimizing the test effort.

Thanks,

Aj