cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BTP CAP table grid edit mode

rajithaw
Explorer

hi Experts,

Could you please provide a direction on how to have updatable/editable table in a BTP CAP application with an ODATA V4.?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

david_kunz2
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi rajitha.wickramanayake ,

You probably need to add the @odata.draft.enabled annotation for that entity.

See here for more info: https://cap.cloud.sap/docs/advanced/fiori#enabling-draft-with-odata-draft-enabled

Best regards,
David

rajithaw
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi David,

what i was looking for is to be able to edit a table.. like in a list report list page. still couldnt find how to do it. inline table edit in multiple rows.

akuller_q
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi david.kunz2

today I received the exact same requirement on the table. The Mass Edit variant mentioned in the documentation only applies to "change the following data for all selected". What the client would like is to edit multiple records at once in an existing Fiori Elements application. Similar to the Inline Creation. Is there an undocumented possibility here? The only way out I would see is to switch to a fragment and implement it myself. That would just not be the approach.

rajitha.wickramanayake I just saw that you created the question for cap. The topic belongs more to SAPUI5 and Fiori Elements.

rajithaw
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

Pls note that my requirement is to use CAPM freestyle or Fiori elements app to have multiple rows editable in a table grid.

akuller_q
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi rajitha.wickramanayake

CAP has nothing to do with the UI in the first place. The UI is taken care of by SAPUI5, for example, which is also used to create the controls. CAP offers the possibility to define annotations for Fiori elements. CAP only represents the backend.

If you want to create a freestyle application, take a look at the SAPUI5 documentation. There are examples, e.g. Table - Editable.

I am not aware of anything for Fiori Elements, which would also be my requirement.