cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build Process Automation: Invalid Argument: Type of destination must be HTTP

MioYasutake
Active Contributor

Hi Community,

I have built a workflow with automations.

Below automation works fine in test mode. The step "Get user id" sends HTTP request via destination.

However, when deployed, the same step fails with "Invalid Argument: Type of destination must be HTTP".

The image below is the destination used for this step.

This step was working fine a few weeks ago and suddenly stopped working. Any idea what is wrong?

Desktop agent version is 3.9.47.

Best regards,

Mio

0 Kudos

Hi Mio, We are also facing the same issue, did you find the solution for this.

MioYasutake
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi adwaitcf251,

Unfortunately, I haven't found the solution.

enzoleon
Explorer

I have the same issue. Please share the solution if you find it, I will too. Thanks!

AakashN24
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi mioyasutake,

We are also facing the same issue, did you found a solution or a workaround for the issue.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MioYasutake
Active Contributor

I have updated my agent version to 3.16.54 (the latest version available in SAP Development Tools site), and the error is not occurring.

Answers (11)

Answers (11)

siraphops
Newcomer

I can't complete this issue with Call Web Service with Destination too.

But I can use Call Web Service or Call SAP Web Service instead.

var settings = { "url": "http://{subaccount-id}.authentication.ap10.hana.ondemand.com/oauth/token?grant_type=client_credentials", "method": "POST", "timeout": 30000, "responseType": "json", "resolveBodyOnly":true, "headers": { "Content-Type": "application/json;charset=UTF-8", "Accept": "*/*", "Connection": "keep-alive", "Authorization": "Basic {encode client-id and secret}" },};

*** "resolveBodyOnly":true, is very important ***

smarchesini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Same issue here with the Destination I made for the Document Information Extractor.

Could be here the solution but for me it's not working
me.sap.com/notes/338901

EDIT SOLUTION FOUND OLD:
I set the destination http and not https

IT IS NOT SOLVED. STILL SAME ISSUE AFTER A COUPLE OF DAY

Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi @c9f8de6ef0704cac8b4246c3c6e79ac1

KBA will be corrected soon!The team is on it!

Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

SAP Note is corrected and the images are displayed now

akkapeddi
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavyasri ,

We haven't resolved the issue yet. I have reported an incident to standard and our colleagues are currently looking into it. Meanwhile we have also updated to 3.20.59 but still we have the same issue.

Thanks and best regards,

Gopi Akkapeddi

akkapeddi
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear Priya,

I have upgraded the desktop agent to 3.18.56 and also our DMS destination is OAuth2ClientCredentials but still getting the same error. It was working earlier and all of a sudden stopped working after recent updates in dependencies like irpa_core and also desktop agent version to 3.18.56. I will open a ticket to log this issue.

Thank you.

BhavyasriM
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Gopi,

Were you able to resolve the issue? We are getting the same error when trying to connect to DMS. We have Desktop Agent 3.20.59

We logged a ticket with SAP too but still it is awaiting proper resolution.

Thanks,

Bhavyasri M

Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi janvaltmann davide.bramati

The issue is fixed and can be resolved by installing the new agent version 3.17.x

janvaltmann
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

thanks for the quick reply!

Is it possible that the issue still exists on agent version 3.18.x?

My agent version is 3.18.56 and I configured the destination type as HTTP but when I start the automation with this destination, I still get the error "Invalid Argument: Type of destination must be HTTP.".

Thank's in advance!

Jan

dave_du
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya ,

I have tried several versions: 3.17.60 ,3.18.56 even 3.15.66, but always get the error. "Invalid Argument: Type of destination must be HTTP."

Really looking forward to your solution!

Thanks a lot!

• below error is the version of 3.17.60

Destination configs:

Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi dave_du

The issue has been fixed and the customer had even closed that ticket.Can you please create a ticket under the component CA-ML-IPA to check why is not working at your end.

dave_du
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI,Chaitanya

Thanks for your reply, i haven't created any ticket before, can you send me a link.

Thanks a lot !

SadiqManji
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I am facing the same issue. I am trying to run the prebuilt bot "Invoice Processing with Document Management Service" and it's failing on the "Call Web Service with Destination" step with the error "Invalid Argument: Type of destination must be HTTP".

The destination seems correct since the file upload in the trigger form is working. I've followed all of the suggestions here and I've tried all of the latest versions of the Desktop Agent (including 3.18.56), but I'm facing the same issue with all of them.

I have submitted a ticket: 2380117908

Thanks for any help with this!

Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

If you are having DMS and using automation to access the documents,kindly make sure that the destination type is OAuthClient Credentials instead of OAuth2Usertokenexchange.

SadiqManji
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes, this fixed it! Will this documentation be updated accordingly? https://help.sap.com/docs/build-process-automation/sap-build-process-automation/configure-attachment...

Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This is was already taken in consideration

Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

We are working on this.I will post the solution as soon as it is resolved.

janvaltmann
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you find a workaround for this issue yet? I'm currently facing the same problem as you.

Thank's!

davide_bramati
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

did you solved the issue?

I already opened a ticket.

Thank you

Archana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Mio and Alejandro,

Please raise the ticket as mentioned above as we have to look into the system to understand the problem in bit more details.

Regards,
Archana

alisarde
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Mio,

Did you find a solution for this issue? We are facing the same problem using SDK version 1.36.29, agent version 3.14.48 and SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation.

Thanks,

Alejandro

MioYasutake
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi alisarde,

Unfortunately, the issue hasn't been resolved.

Archana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Mio and others,

Sorry for the delay in response. If this was working and suddenly stopped working, which means something got changed. Please raise an incident on CA-ML-IPA component and we will look into it. Also once you have the response, please post it here for benefit of other community members.

Thanks,
Archana

MioYasutake
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Archana Shukla,

Thanks for your comment. Unfortunately, I am using a trial account so I cannot raise an incident on this case.

enzoleon
Explorer

I have raised an incident already. Waiting for the response, I'll let you all know when I know the solution or it's been fixed.

glenmisquith
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Any update on this issue ? I'm facing a similar problem and need a quick fix for a customer PoC activity

MioYasutake
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi enzoleon,

Could you share your ticket status?