cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW Transformation attribute as source

former_member246680
Participant

Hi all,

I am extracting data between 2 ADSOs. I would like to ready master data attribute from the source ADSO and assign it to an info object in the target ADSO. With the ADSOs not allowing switch to navigational attributes, may you please assist with a start/field routine for this.

Regards

Jordan S

DebjitSingha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

jordan.chigwedere It is much appreciated by the community if you clicked "accept" on the answer which helped you the most. For more information please see this tutorial: Ask and Answer Questions on SAP Community

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

DebjitSingha
Active Contributor

Hello Jordan,

You should be able to achieve this via read master data rule type or read ADSO/ DSO rule type. Refer below blogpost for additional reference-

READ MASTER DATA RULE TYPE IN TRANSFORMATION

Usage of BW7.3 Transformation Rule Type “Read from DataStore”

Note: Final solution (either master data or Datastore) depend upon where you are storing master data.

Beside another way would be to activate navigations attribute in source ADSO and then use those additional fields to directly map in target ADSO. Though before you do so you need to make sure required field is declared as navigational first in Infoobject level. I do not recommend this option if above read master data/ Data Store options works.

Hope you find this information helpful.

Viewers/ readers - If you find above information helpful, feel free to up-vote (arrows on left side).

- Debjit

former_member246680
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Debjit

Note 2215947 say "It is not possible to set/activate navigation attributes in an aDSO. It is only possible to use navigation attributes when the ADSO is a PartProvider of an HCPR"

Kindly assist where you activate navigations attribute in source ADSO?

I will try the other options also and let you know

Regards

Jordan

DebjitSingha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello jordan.chigwedere,

Yes correct navitation activation on aDSO is not possible. Though you do not need it anyways in your scenario. Best option for you would be to use read master data or data source. This required less number of changes and hence impact would be less.

I suggest just add required field in target aDSO (as normal filed) and then in transformation use rule type - read master data (if infoobject stores master data) or read Data Store (if data store is storing master data)

Please check the blogpost mentioned above. Let me know if you have any query or concern.

fijos
Advisor
Advisor

You could also activate the setting 'Use Navigation Attributes in Extraction' for the InfoObject with navigation attributes in your source ADSO. This setting can have an impact on the extraction performance.

former_member246680
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Adam

Thanks for your response. I do not want to change the settings for the info object as it is being used elsewhere in production and i dont know the impact on others. I would like to use a routine if you can assist with that

Regards

J

fijos
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The setting is in the ADSO not in the InfoObject.

You could also use rule type 'Read Master Data' in your transformation: https://help.sap.com/viewer/107a6e8a38b74ede94c833ca3b7b6f51/2.0.7/en-US/4a48990e93581c62e10000000a4...