Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we call on-premise CDS view in Cloud ABAP system

NagaPrakashT
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

As i know, only HTTP(OData) and RFC(BAPI/RFC Functional Modules) can be called from S/4 HANA On-premise in ABAP Cloud system. Would like to know if we can consume any other artifacts CDS Views, non-RFC enabled FM?

Thanks,

Naga

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

GK817
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

You can create OData services exposing your CDS views on OP. We can't directly use CDS views in SCP ABAP. HTTP(S) and RFC are only 2 means of interaction between OP system and SCP ABAP system.

Gaurav

NagaPrakashT
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for the clarification. CAP on SAP Cloud SDK also supports both HTTP and RFC to OP systems.

Trying to find a use-case where CAP does not support and is the only way to got ABAP in Cloud(RAP). Any insights on this really appreciate.

Thanks,

Naga

GK817
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Naga. Can you share the link mentioning CAP supports RFC to OP systems? I wasn't aware of this.

gregorw
Active Contributor

Hi Gaurav,

CAP does not directly support calling RFC. But if you're using CAP Java you can use: Call a BAPI/RFC Module with SAP Cloud SDK for Java. It seems that the SAP Cloud SDK for JavaScript does not support RFC. But there is a node-rfc npm package. But then the next question arises if that package supports using the destination service in Cloud Foundry.

I think if you want a supported solution for RFC you have to use Java or ABAP.

Best regards
Gregor

GK817
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Got it. Thanks a lot gregorw for this information.