Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot logon to Cloud Connector 2.8.1

jzeifang
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have downloaded and started the latetest version of SAP Cloud Connector (2.8.1). However I am not able to logon to the Cloud Connector page under https://localhost:8443. The error message in Chrome is something like "localhost uses non supported protocoll - ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH"

I tried the zip version as well as the msi version of the Cloud Connector and also used different browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome) on Windows 8.1 (64 bit). I also cleared the browser chaches and tried several java runtimes (1.7, 1.8).

However before that I used version 2.5 of Cloud Connector which was running fine. As there are new features available I wanted to upgrade...

Do you have any hints, what's going worng?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Jürgen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MarkusTolksdorf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen,

This is definitely an issue with the Java runtime. Please use the latest Java 7 or Java 8 JVM, best SAPJVM from https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/#cloud. Make sure that it is really used by SCC, if not you will still face the issue.

Best regards,

Markus

jzeifang
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

thanks for the hint. In fact the path variable was pointing to a wrong Java VM. For version 2.5 this worked, but not for 2.8.

After changing the path variable everything is fine now 🙂

Best regards,

Jürgen

Ulrich_Schmidt
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Jürgen Zeifang wrote:

In fact the path variable was pointing to a wrong Java VM. For version 2.5 this worked, but not for 2.8.

After changing the path variable everything is fine now 🙂

Hmm, it could be that somewhere in the 2.6.x versions the minimum Java version was raised from Java 6 to 7?!

jzeifang
Participant
0 Kudos

I already used Java 7 before, which was fine for Cloud Connector 2.5. I now upgraded to Java 8, changed the path variable manually and now also Cloud Connector 2.8 is running fine.

MarkusTolksdorf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ulrich,

since SCC 2.8 Java 7 is required. Up to 2.7.2 Java 6 was the required version. Java 7 has always been supported and starting with 2.7.2 also Java 8 can be used.

Best regards,

Markus

Answers (0)