cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot use preview function in SAP Business Application Studio - t.close is not a function

ssimsekler
Active Contributor

Hello all

I have been following several tutorials where BAS is used and cannot use the preview functionality at all. This includes SAPUI5 applications using a local CAP application, using an ABAP service (RAP), using a service in SAP Netweaver test system (ES5), and using the Northwind OData test service.

When I execute a run configuration (or, say, choose Preview Application from the application info page), although it says the server is started, the preview does not open and it shows a notification saying "t.close is not a function" (screenshot below). "Ports: Preview" command shows the exposed port and when I select it simply does nothing, without showing or saying anything.

The debugger console shows the following:

I could fix the first error in the debugger console by adding "resolveSourceMapLocations" configuration in the launch.json file. But the main problem persists.

After hitting the problem, I deleted the existing BAS subscription and created a new one. I also tried Chrome and Edge browsers. No luck. Considering BAS comes with predefined plumbing and I simply use app generators, I am confused about why such errors occur in a clean subscription and makes me think I might have overlooked an essential step.

Any ideas?

Kind Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Sedar,

could you please share which tutorial you were following?

Best regards,

Zdravko

0 Kudos

zdravko.georgiev : Any project end up showing same error even if it is a simple xml view without any service calls etc.

It has nothing to do with tutorials.

0 Kudos

please refer screenshot.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Update :- It has started working for me without any changes from my end.

Some plugin issue was there from platform end.

Refer the link :- https://answers.sap.com/questions/13713656/guided-development-html5-generator.html

0 Kudos

Any update on the solution ?

I have been facing this error for over a month now.

I have tried it with multiple accounts (Partner/personal trial). I still continue to get "t.close is not a function error"

anete
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, I had the same glitch with BAS. For me closing the workspace, then opening workspace for my app again solved the issue. App preview started to work after reloading project in BAS.

nikhilghadge
Explorer
0 Kudos

Worked for me. Thanks