cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAP integration with PostgreSQL database

Matteo_Serina
Discoverer

Hi,

I need to integrate CAP with a PostgreSQL database instead of SQLite.
I would like to know how can I carry out this activity, in accordance to CAP licensing (e.g. which is the right enhancement point/interface to use, are there some licensing restrictions on derivative works and so on).

Thanks

thalesvb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just a minor info about what Gregor said: there is a Feature Matrix stating that pluggable drivers architecture for database (which Postgres would be) is in progress. Once this is completed then someone (even you) need to implement the driver for only then be able to plug Postgres onto CAP runtime.

Zero lockdown is on its design principles, but technically CAPM didn't reached that point yet on DB aspect. I also tried integrate with Postgres (just for practice) right after finishing the last openSAP course about it, but got to same dead end.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

gregorw
Active Contributor

Hi Matteo,

after CDS 4.1 is released and the new Service class is available vobu and I created cds-pg with the help of vansyckel. Looking forward for your contributions.

Best regards
Gregor

gregorw
Active Contributor

Dear Matteo,

in the moment you can't use PostgreSQL. Quite some time ago I started a first try cap-postgres but didn't came far til now. There was a PostreSQL adapter prototype shown at reCAP by vansyckel. Unfortunately the Videos are currently not available. If you're interested to help please subscribe to the Issue: PostgreSQL adapter #88 that I've just created and help vobu and myself to get this of the ground.

Regarding the license please check out: CAP Runtime License?

Best regards
Gregor