cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAP : Timed-out error with BTP destination

Badhusha
Participant
0 Kudos
  1. I am developing a CAP application , which is connected to On-Premise system, via BTP Destinations.

I followed the steps as listed below.

1. Created the destination in the SAP BTP, which is working fine
  2. Created a CAP application, with schema and service.
  3. Added the destination details in the package.json
  4. Created BTP services: XSUAA,Destinations and Connectivity
  5. Executed cds bind for all above services, which created a cdsrc-private.json file
  6. And finally when I did cds watch --profile watch , and opened the service in browser it is giving the blelow error

Error during request to remote service: \nconnect ETIMEDOUT 3.122.209.241:20003

package.json

.cdsrc-private.json

scc-service.js

folder-structure

error

Please let me know , what I am doing wrong. I am developing the application VSCode not BAS

Thank you

AntalP
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Badhusha,

Could you check the cloud connector log file, ljs_trace.log.

It will log the request to the on-premise system.

Does the issue happen in BAS or in the deployed application as well?

Best regards,

Antal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

maxstreifeneder
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hey,

configuration wise you did everything fine. If you run the project from within the SAP Business Application Studio with an additional environment variable (see link below) you would be able to reach the API.

The timeout happens since the Connectivity Service can only be reached from within SAP BTP and not from your local machine (by design for security reasons).

I'd recommend to use the SAP Business Application Studio and use its in-built proxies. The only thing you need to provide is a destination configuration to the proxy: https://sap.github.io/cloud-sdk/docs/java/features/connectivity/destination-service#reach-on-premise...

Some Community Members were exploring alternatives and have come up with a repository/tool for local development without SAP Business Application Studio. I haven't tried but here's the link: https://github.com/jowavp/sap-cf-proxy

Answers (0)