Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CBTA Multiple doubt /Question in Solman 7.2 SPS04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Experts,

Please help with below information. I am trying but not able to get it

1. Can we use CBTA for BW/BI system? without much effort?

2. Can we CBTA used for multiple system ? Like First record in S4H and then BW system ?

3. Can we pass multiple value like an excel sheet in Test script?

4. If multiple value is feasible thru excel sheet, then it be configure for multiple end to end scenario?

5. CBTA support Fiori. CRM , Fiori, SAP GUI ,etc but Does it support SAP PO/PI , SAP BW , SAP BO and SAP BPC?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

AjayHS
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please find my response below

1. Can we use CBTA for BW/BI system? without much effort?

CBTA is functional test automation tool and is intended to test Business Processes

2. Can we CBTA used for multiple system ? Like First record in S4H and then BW system ?

Yes it can be done, you need to use tool type as Composite Test script and pass different Target component referring to different system

3. Can we pass multiple value like an excel sheet in Test script?
Yes we can either use TDC or differently pass values from excel to Test Configuration using external variant option, however excel file needs to converted into .txt file as only .txt is the format system understands

4. If multiple value is feasible thru excel sheet, then it be configure for multiple end to end scenario?

For this requirement you need to use TDC and through Test Data Wizard you need to map parameters from TDC to Test configuration

5. CBTA support Fiori. CRM , Fiori, SAP GUI ,etc but Does it support SAP PO/PI , SAP BW , SAP BO and SAP BPC?

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2436142

Thanks,

Aj

sabatale
Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with everything Tom said.

The only thing I'd add is that you can see the exact list of supported technologies and OS here:

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2436142

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You should be able to find most answers (and more information) in below link by clicking on "test automation" to view the SAP presentation material concerning Test Suite (incl CBTA):

https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/SAP+Solution+Manager+WIKI+-+Test+Suite

1) Yes but it sounds like you have the concept "wrong" here. CBTA is a test recorder/test playback tool. It's not supposed to be used to "automate" steps in your system. Instead it should be used to test process steps (or end to end processes)

2) Yes, composite tests can consist out of multiple test scripts (even across different test tools - combining CBTA and other test tools)

3) Yes, look for information on Test Data Container

4) See 3

5) CBTA supports UI technologies so it depends on the UI technology, see the presentation material. It supports a wide variety of UI technology (SAP based): SAPgui, Web Dynpro, Portal, CRM UI, Fiori, ...

If you still have further question, please follow up on this thread.

Best regards

Tom