cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHARM AND SAP CLOUD ALM

i007141
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

If a customer is using the CHARM Solution Manager scenario and they go to Private Cloud Edition. It is possible to use this scenario in Cloud ALM? or must the customer has their own Solution Manager in Cloud to do it?

Thnaks in advance

Carmen

0 Kudos

Hi Carmen,

You can use the Cloud ALM very well for the general process from request to deployment. You can record requirements, assign them to best practice processes, check them and approve them accordingly. As far as I know, the part of the change manager in the cloud ALM is currently missing, but that shouldn't be that bad.

ehartzs
Explorer
0 Kudos

Is there any change in this topic? ChaRM workflows like are not yet supported?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rahimkassam
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Carmen,

At this time ChaRM capability is not available in SAP Cloud ALM. As per SAP Cloud ALM Roadmap Explorer, "Deployment of ABAP-based transports" is on the roadmap for Q3/2021. However, please understand roadmap are forward-looking statements and may change. You should also keep an eye on Supported Solutions of SAP Cloud ALM: You can filter by SAP Solution, but also by SAP Cloud ALM Capability of Change & Deployment Management to see if capability is available for specific SAP Solution.

Since ChaRM is not available on SAP Cloud ALM today, customer needs to evaluate their need and could use SAP Solution Manager (regardless of the SolMan deployment being on-prem or hosted) for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Private Edition

Thanks,

Rahim Kassam.

0 Kudos

Hi Rahim,

do we have any comparison between Solman vs Cloud ALM features?

Thanks

Arun

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

zabdain
Explorer
0 Kudos

This shows the comparison of features in Solman Charm and Cloud ALM Charm, which features are planned short term long, and not yet planned

i007141
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for you answer.

is there any document with the functionalities differencies between cloud ALM and Solution Manager?

Thanks again

carmen