cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearly create & identify model/ relationships in SAP Analytics Cloud

Oscar_DC
Active Contributor

All - I apologize for the basic question, but I'm new to SAP Analytics Cloud . I only got access to it last month and have been using it for less than a week. I've had some experience from MS Power BI in the past, but I can't use it with my current employer.

We are in ECC and I need to create complex analysis that combine equipment data, PM Order Data, MM data, financial data, confirmations, CATS and etc ...

I was planning to start prototyping the report with some ECC table & report dumps and merge them in SAP Analytics Cloud so that I could get the reports the way in which we want them to look. That way I could ensure that I had the right data before I tried to automate it ...

My question is ... is there any place in SAP Analytics Cloud where I can easily merge multiple models or data sets and clearly see the relationships? See image for reference for what I'm looking for ...

Is my best shot at this to link models on a story ? (Which I don't really want to do ... )

For example: I want to link characteristics in my equipment records to order numbers, orders to confirmations, orders to notifications, notifications to maintenance plans .... etc, etc, etc.

Can I easily do that in SAP Analytics Cloud? In MS PowerBI it took me about 20 minutes to do this without any previous experience ... I've been trying to do this in SAC for 2 days and I can't easily do it !

Any advice is appreciated !

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sourabhpaul
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use combine data feature in the modeler.

Regards,

Sourabh Paul

Oscar_DC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh. Thanks for the help !!

I have used the combine feature, but that doesn't really allow me to show and display how all of my joins are done right? Also ... I can only do that if my final result will be smaller than 100 columns! That's crazy !

I appreciate you and your help ... but I'm quite disappointed about SAC. I'm likely going to suggest to use SAC only for applications that require you to navigate to the object that you're analyzing ... but use Power BI for everything else.

Am I missing something? I want to be wrong and show folks that SAC is way better than Power BI .. .but I can't even get a simple tool to show relationships between models ... 😞

sourabhpaul
Participant

As i have used PowerBi, in my opinion the reletionship between models is far better in powerBi. But in SAC there is scripting option through which you can implement custom events. The main thing is the planning feature which is available in SAC which is totally a game changer for SAC.

Oscar_DC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks man ! I really needed to hear from someone who had used both tools. thanks!