cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect local environment to on-premise via btp destination Service

tobiasfue
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am currently developing a Java CAP app. This will be deployed on the BTP and then connect to the S4 on prem system. Some time ago, I was able to open an SSH tunnel from my local machine and then get through to the S4 system via the Cloud Connector.

The process is also described in the Java Cloud SDK documentation.

In addition, I followed Brian Heise's instructions.

At that time it all worked very well, but in the meantime I can't connect anymore and I get various error messages, such as

My app does not have HANA, all requests go to the S4 system (ABAP RAP interfaces). Deployed everything works fine, but as soon as I want to execute the same command locally, I get these weird messages that the table can't be found and the database is empty, etc.

Apparently the way over the SSH tunnel doesn't quite work.

I am still on the last V3 version of the SDK. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Edit: I just removed the HANA service key for the APp. I didn't need it anyway. The deployed app is still running. Locally it just tells me that it can't find a database.

So even though I don't have any profiles or anything, something is going on differently.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

marcbecker
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

You are actually delegating your requests to the database in the end. This might be the case because either:
- You explicitly use the PersistenceService instance (I guess you don't, as you said you have no database at all)

- You explicitly use a CqnService of type ApplicationService to delegate your queries to, which delegates by default to the database. You will want to use a CqnService of type RemoteService. Maybe you are missing the required configuration in "cds.remote.services"?

- You didn't write a custom ON handler for your own API's ApplicationService to delegate queries to a RemoteService.

The full stacktrace might help in analysing this, as it shows which layer delegates to the database.