cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect to ABAP environment using RFC

Gustaf
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello, I have created an ABAP environment on my SAP BTP Cloud trial account. The runtime environment is Cloud Foundry. Now I’m trying to connect to it with RFC connection, although I’m struggling finding the right host and port to connect. So far I tried to connect with username/password. I found some NAT IPs (egress, IPs for requests from an ABAP System) which I tried to connect to but none of them worked. Or is there an url to access the environment? Could anyone help me with this? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MarkusTolksdorf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Gustaf, 

I guess it makes sense that you have a look a the tutorial for using JCo in Cloud Foundry with ABAP systems running in SAP's cloud solutions. How to configure destinations is described in the RFC Destinations topic. Also have an eye on the restrictions.

Best regards,
Markus

kaidehmann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi @Gustaf ,

did you already have a look at https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/abap-websocket-rfc.html?

Best regards
Kai

Gustaf
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Kai, thank you very much for quick reply. I think this is what Im looking for. I tried to launch ABAP development tools but could not find how to activate it. Do I need to install it first? Thanks.
kaidehmann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Gustaf,

yes, you need to install ADT locally as explained in the getting started guide: https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_S4HANA_CLOUD/6aa39f1ac05441e5a23f484f31e477e7/e3527dfa1c5a41f69d4e6369...

Best regards
Kai

Gustaf
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Kai, thank you for your answer. 

Is this for connecting with eclipse? I'm trying to do this from just a Java application in IntelliJ connecting to the ABAP environment in the SAP BPT cockpit.

Thanks

Gustaf

kaidehmann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
The tutorial shows how to connect from an ABAP onPremises system to a cloud-based ABAP system. ADT is the IDE that is used to maintain the required code. Do I get it correctly: you want to call RFC from a Java application?
Gustaf
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Kai, Thanks for your reply. Yes correct trying to build up the connection directly from the Java application.
kaidehmann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Gustaf,

I recommend using the SAP Java Connector.

Best regards,
Kai